YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1305244 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#1121  March 04, 2017, 04:55:38 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello.

haha you are funny, Jess.

Here comes Athena as we talk Xenomic:

#1122  March 04, 2017, 04:59:56 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hm. So kinda reusing her intro sprites for this? I mean, nothing against it since SNK did that with Mai's obviously in SVC Chaos ha. Though seeing how there's a million things that could be done with Athena, surprised you went with this one. o.o
#1123  March 04, 2017, 05:18:32 am
  • SuperStar
hmm, not really, I think in KOF XI or XIII Athena school costume. I prefer they pick the Real Bout Mai costume or alternate costume MI2 instead that.

#1124  March 04, 2017, 05:31:20 am
    • USA
Yeah, from XI onwards that's what Athena has. She also had it in one of her intros in CvS2 I think, I think against Sakura?? I forget...

I don't even know if it's possible to do Mai's MI2 alt costume for a MB with the correct colors, it'd have to use her current colors. That'd be something to try though, if you really wanted to. Only other thing I can think of is maid for Mai, but there's already going to be enough maids as it is (if I can find someone to do Dizzy and Tifa, both of them are prime material for that). I do like Mai's RB design more than her KOF design though, it was actually a nice design.

So who do you plan on tackling next, if anyone? Got anyone in mind? o.o?
#1125  March 04, 2017, 08:51:10 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I think this can be considered a Midnight Bliss since it's a genderswap sprite of a character, which is Remy:

Left one has Remy's original colors and the other is a custom one that looks more like the fanart it's based off of.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1126  March 04, 2017, 10:04:43 pm
    • USA
Oho! That's a pretty good one! I think I saw that artwork before. It's the one where he's having trouble zippering up his jacket because of the new..."assets", correct? : 3

Very nicely done! Will you be doing the grabbed sprite too? o.o?
#1127  March 05, 2017, 12:20:45 am
  • SuperStar
Yeah, from XI onwards that's what Athena has. She also had it in one of her intros in CvS2 I think, I think against Sakura?? I forget...

I don't even know if it's possible to do Mai's MI2 alt costume for a MB with the correct colors, it'd have to use her current colors. That'd be something to try though, if you really wanted to. Only other thing I can think of is maid for Mai, but there's already going to be enough maids as it is (if I can find someone to do Dizzy and Tifa, both of them are prime material for that). I do like Mai's RB design more than her KOF design though, it was actually a nice design.

So who do you plan on tackling next, if anyone? Got anyone in mind? o.o?
hello
that is possible,just uncheck shared in Sff, i think in Snk Mai and cvs Mai RB costume. -i am not support  feminine oversexualization- so that RB looks more feminine,even the second costume at mi2 looks better. i think Mary's alt costume in mi2 Reg A is freaking horrible for me.

#1128  March 05, 2017, 01:05:42 am
    • USA
Oh right, I suppose that is true. I never actually used that option very much, then again I haven't messed with adding sprites in characters for a very long time. >_<

Well, up to you if you want to try that for Mai or not, either or both outfits. Or if you want to try "cosplay" outfits for anyone, assuming you can figure out who'd work best for who.

I agree, I don't like Mary's alt outfit in MI2 at all either.
#1129  March 05, 2017, 01:50:21 am
    • Brazil
    • silveirademeira.jonathan@gmail.com
Here MB sprites for my ryo cci edit, it's no big deal but it's for everyone who wants to use it. :megusta:
http://i.imgur.com/cAR2Vi8.gif
Your signature is too large, please read the forum rules.
#1130  March 05, 2017, 01:52:13 am
    • USA
Hm. That's not that bad at all. Wouldn't mind seeing you trying more for other characters ha! You got anyone in mind that you'd be interested in trying? o.o?
#1131  March 05, 2017, 10:22:26 am
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
RockHowardMX has made a new Midnight Bliss for me (twas a birthday gift it was. Birthday was a couple days ago...I feel old T-T). And what's the Midnight Bliss you ask? Why, it's for Gardevoir!

Thoughts? Anything that could be improved upon at all? I already mentioned my thoughts to him (mainly, it's just the head that really needs touched up on, and maybe the chest area and perhaps the feet and legs), and I think it's pretty good overall. For those who don't know, IIRC it's based off of this image:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Or, if you'd like, you can try and touch-up upon it too! Could be a nice little challenge for you young spriters!

You can finish that.
#1132  March 05, 2017, 05:14:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • silveirademeira.jonathan@gmail.com
Hm. That's not that bad at all. Wouldn't mind seeing you trying more for other characters ha! You got anyone in mind that you'd be interested in trying? o.o?

Well, then I have to edit for my other projects as well, but I have no character in mind.
http://i.imgur.com/cAR2Vi8.gif
Your signature is too large, please read the forum rules.
#1133  March 07, 2017, 12:19:59 am
  • SuperStar
hello.
I found MI style Mai stand by Churky

that would require the grab sprite.-and credit Churky by stand pose-

#1134  March 07, 2017, 12:22:07 am
    • USA
Oh. Huh. That's not a bad conversion at all. Though I probably would've used something other than the default stand sprite from Mai for the bliss, but that's me~ Still, nice find and nice conversion!
#1135  March 10, 2017, 07:17:57 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
I have been doing some nude sprites for a sprite project..I will post it later..however some would work here...Nude Blisses...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#1136  March 12, 2017, 12:57:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Be sure to hide any of those behind a spoiler tag, and flag them as NSFW.
#1137  March 19, 2017, 03:21:25 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
yes,,I knew it...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#1138  March 27, 2017, 05:58:04 am
  • SuperStar
Hello everybody.
There are 2 for Mai Shiranui:

KOF Maximum Impact clothes, I think are better than the original.

I was wrong when I said it was Real Bout, it was Fatal Fury 3 suit, I prefer that instead the overused and oversexualized clothes she usually wears in KOF:

#1139  March 27, 2017, 10:18:47 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The point of Midnight Bliss is kind of to sexualize the character or make them attractive in a way (and in some cases, make them silly looking). I didn't really notice the difference on her outfit until I read that your post said it was the Fatal Fury 3 design. Kind of pointless to make a Midnight Bliss design that hardly looks different.

Shit
#1140  March 27, 2017, 03:35:00 pm
It's either silly or cute/sexy when it comes to female Midnight Blisses - sexy does seem to be more common for Bliss, usually because it's used in contrast to their regular version and regular cute characters are more common (it's hard to make Morrigan more sexy than she already is, which is why her Bliss sprites are silly)

I think nude sprites are kind of boring - even when it comes to sexualization, a simple flesh-toned coloring for most of the body is just less interesting compared to a sexy outfit.

That maximum impact sprite for Mai can work, but I think the standing Bliss pose needs to be something that's not just her default.

This is my favourite Mai Midnight Bliss sprite for reference.