YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 854232 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3881  April 11, 2017, 12:58:54 am
As much as I'd love for that term to be a synonym for "apeshit," it isn't. It actually carries very racist connotations so it'd be best to avoid usage.

^

As much as I'm normally one to laugh at people calling things racist that aren't, this is a pretty bad one and genuinely shouldn't be used.

#3882  April 11, 2017, 01:22:39 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I wonder if we should include in the racist wordlist  the ones that are exclusively used in the usa instead of just the ones used globally.
#3883  April 11, 2017, 01:34:00 am
Like how cunt is only a "bad word" in the US but not in England or Australia.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3884  April 11, 2017, 01:44:00 am
I don't think this is an American thing, I think this is a 'so bad it's not commonly used anywhere' thing. I've only come across it in terrible corners of the internet.
#3885  April 11, 2017, 01:47:00 am
As far as I ever saw, chimp is short for chimpanzee, and I genuinely don't know what you guys are saying it's a racist connotation for. I assume it's either for Black or Asian people, one or the other, but I honestly have never seen it used in that context, personally (TBF I don't hear people talk about chimpanzees every day either, and I also don't spend a lot of time listening to how racist people commonly talk, but you get my point). I didn't get what JZ was talking about the first time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3886  April 11, 2017, 01:49:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#3887  April 11, 2017, 01:51:16 am
Oh, so it is mostly just the US then.
#3888  April 11, 2017, 02:22:03 am
i remember him also cracking a joke about how black people can't be seen in the dark. i think he's a very insensitive person.
he also has a poor choice for nicknames, that scrotum one was super hilarious, wasn't it?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3889  April 11, 2017, 02:46:14 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
As far as I ever saw, chimp is short for chimpanzee, and I genuinely don't know what you guys are saying it's a racist connotation for. I assume it's either for Black or Asian people, one or the other, but I honestly have never seen it used in that context, personally (TBF I don't hear people talk about chimpanzees every day either, and I also don't spend a lot of time listening to how racist people commonly talk, but you get my point). I didn't get what JZ was talking about the first time.
Blacks are compared to monkeys to signify they're savages. It's an old stereotype. It didn't click with me "chimping out" was about blacks because I've also heard the expression used when whites have meltdowns and assumed it was more universal, like "going bannanas", but I don't have a problem with not using it again.
#3890  April 11, 2017, 02:53:29 am
Yeah, I get that, it's just that I also never heard that particular expression being specific to Black people (or Asians, who have also had that racist comparison, because racism).
#3891  April 11, 2017, 03:18:44 am
Blacks are compared to monkeys to signify they're savages. It's an old stereotype. It didn't click with me "chimping out" was about blacks because I've also heard the expression used when whites have meltdowns and assumed it was more universal, like "going bannanas", but I don't have a problem with not using it again.

I wasn't trying to hate on you or anything, don't know you enough to care, it's just an expression I've only seen in places like coontown or stormfront (and I feel shitty that I have seen anything from those places at all).
#3892  April 11, 2017, 11:51:25 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Even though I'm white, I've been called a monkey, for simply being Brazilian .... it's that the jungles of Brazil are full of monkeys.
In fact, people like that have no argument, and they seek any cursing to offend you

lui

#3893  May 12, 2017, 09:36:13 pm
    • USA
i remember that...I am regret it..I start to enjoy hentai since I shared with my couple..and started to found ecchi boring...and I liked it since 2007..I got a hentai mugen forum which I admin..sadly few people are interested in that....I remember mugen h was more popular years ago...and kuromaru and pals saves it and keep it alive..
not only my hentai..and do not like all genres of that..but there are hot things..

can we have a rule that prohibits nsfw discussions in threads that don't really need it? I mean ive seen this before with loli discussions, but with this I really would like these discussions to be in their own respective areas.
#3894  May 12, 2017, 10:49:32 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I thought there was one but that only applies to images apparently. Last I checked the staff got onto people for it anyway so a rule does sound in order.
#3895  May 13, 2017, 03:26:46 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Smoke is a special case because Smoke can only shitpost it seems

It's a gimmick to troll/derail everything possible. A bad one.
#3896  May 13, 2017, 03:28:45 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Thank god someone already made a action about that H- unnecessary debate LOL

Deleting that thread could help also, no?
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#3897  May 13, 2017, 03:55:03 am
deleting pages and pages of discussion (which wasn't 100% garbage) just because smoke started posting shit is a really fucking stupid idea

i don't think it deserves a rule because it doesn't happen very often
#3898  May 13, 2017, 08:22:08 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
oh hai!

just wanted to point out that i was the one who asked smoke to detail further about the whole hentai thing (even if smoke was the one who brought it up in the 1st place):
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2349800
#3899  May 13, 2017, 03:20:26 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please refrain from that in the future. At the same time though your post wasn't really creepy and trying to turn a thread into a fetish discussion
#3900  November 24, 2017, 06:47:26 am
  • My releases are at flurry.com
  • Same pixellated recycled bullshit is at this site.
    • USA
    • flurry-jo.com
Hello. I'm blunt & intolerant to disrespectful commenters. Also, this community's releases seem regressive to me :jackie:. Can the admin delete an account? If so, I would love if they deleted mine?  :angel:
flurry-jo.com