YesNoOk

BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17) (Read 129818 times)

Started by Takehaya Susanoo, May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Share this topic:
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released (14.05.17)
#21  May 14, 2017, 09:12:33 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
You'll make other Blazblue characters in this style?

I might try to do Izanami, Terumi or Valkenhayn once Susanoo is stable. However, I am not sure what to do with the missing graphical effects, which cannot be ripped the usual way. Valkenhayn does not get too fancy with those, but Izanami and Terumi have a lot of these. If I decide to go with Izanami, I will probably simplify her unless I can find a way to make her Drive work without getting needlessly complicated. Terumi's is passive while Valkenhayn is simple, so, there are no problems there.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:19:01 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#22  May 14, 2017, 09:31:33 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Tested the invalid thing and yeah, the opponent does recover from it. Other than that, I didn't find anything else for now.

Also, I vote for Terumi to be next, it can be even BB style since his gameplay mechanics are simple compared to some of the cast, but it's your choice.
#23  May 14, 2017, 09:44:33 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Tested the invalid thing and yeah, the opponent does recover from it. Other than that, I didn't find anything else for now.

Also, I vote for Terumi to be next, it can be even BB style since his gameplay mechanics are simple compared to some of the cast, but it's your choice.

Mechanics are not the issue. I could implement Susanoo's Drive without issues. All it would need is a variable for each special. The problem is all that frame data that I know I can't replicate and if I can't make that accurate, I might as well do something different and let someone who is good at it make an accurate conversion. Plus there are some flaws that I can't stand to look at like,, say, Terumi's Venomous Bite blocking things it shouldn't block, blocking what it should counter and missing what it should block or counter.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:48:02 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#24  May 14, 2017, 09:51:00 pm
#25  May 14, 2017, 09:58:40 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
#26  May 14, 2017, 10:01:15 pm
It's the best i've found for now until someone makes some more frame related stuff on the PC version.
#27  May 14, 2017, 10:03:03 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
It's the best i've found for now until someone makes some more frame related stuff on the PC version.

Well, thanks anyway. Hopefully they will not take this one down before sprites can be added.
#28  May 15, 2017, 05:59:56 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Made a showcase video for you. I absolutely love Susanoo, and i can't wait to see your updates for him : )

Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:03:37 am by Atheon
#29  May 15, 2017, 07:58:27 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
This is greatly surprising... I'm not a fan of BB, but certainly this Susie was above my expectations, however, I must give you a few advices.

- I know BB has insta kills, but Last-Arc finishes should not be insta-kills. Last-Arcs tend to inflict between 500-700 of damage.

- Speaking of the Last Arc, after using it, you gain power from it, I think it starts from 100 MC. Last Arcs deplete all the powerbar.

- MB chars never gain meter from EX attacks/Arc drives or Last Arcs. Keep that in mind.

- As mentioned before, the window to cancel into special attacks is too small, increase it a bit more.

- Also, is there a reason why his 2C can't Reverse Beat? Is it intentional or was left unattended?

That's my feedback for now.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#30  May 15, 2017, 08:59:12 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Made a showcase video for you. I absolutely love Susanoo, and i can't wait to see your updates for him : )

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgCwb3uw5c&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Hm...So much space is certainly not good for him.  It is nice to see regardless.

This is greatly surprising... I'm not a fan of BB, but certainly this Susie was above my expectations, however, I must give you a few advices.

- I know BB has insta kills, but Last-Arc finishes should not be insta-kills. Last-Arcs tend to inflict between 500-700 of damage.

- Speaking of the Last Arc, after using it, you gain power from it, I think it starts from 100 MC. Last Arcs deplete all the powerbar.

- MB chars never gain meter from EX attacks/Arc drives or Last Arcs. Keep that in mind.

- As mentioned before, the window to cancel into special attacks is too small, increase it a bit more.

- Also, is there a reason why his 2C can't Reverse Beat? Is it intentional or was left unattended?

That's my feedback for now.
-This issue has already been mentioned and it is temporary. It will be fixed in the next update. ~600 should be enough (value taken from MB).
-Now this should not happen. Anything that could give him power was set to 0.
-Looks like I forgot to remove that when copying states. Will be fixed.
-Will be fixed.
-Not intentional.
#31  May 15, 2017, 05:45:09 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
#32  May 15, 2017, 06:09:06 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
So...Something weird happened when I was recording a fight.
Ah. It most likely is something about Ares. You should not be able to recover. I probably should have made this sequence of attacks unblockable just in case of this happening.

I need to know something. I have been looking at some data to see how much I need to reduce or increase Susanoo's damage, but now I am not sure what to do.  Original Susanoo's attack deal higher damage (6B is 70*2, jC is 64*2, 5D is 91, 6D is 95, Blade of Judgement is 136, Splintering Thrust is 150, etc if we consider 12000HP to be same as 1000HP) while having relatively same combo potential. 9's MB Night of Wallachia deals even more damage in MUGEN (5C is 150) and he is not hindered in that area either. What should I do?
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:14:57 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#33  May 15, 2017, 11:46:25 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
More Feedback but from Ares himself (he talked with me over discord) regarding the video I posted:

-The reason why Ares_BB is able to recover is because Susanoo's attack isn't a custom state. As long as it's not a custom state and it's state number 5100 (the hit ground state) you can recover from that. Unblockable coding bypasses guarding states not recover states
#34  May 15, 2017, 11:54:07 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
More Feedback but from Ares himself (he talked with me over discord) regarding the video I posted:

-The reason why Ares_BB is able to recover is because Susanoo's attack isn't a custom state. As long as it's not a custom state and it's state number 5100 (the hit ground state) you can recover from that. Unblockable coding bypasses guarding states not recover states

Usually recovery states check if recovery is possible before you can do it. That is weird. Using custom states is not a good idea as it has its own problems (all attacks hit more than once, resulting in massive damage), but I would rather try to fix that than leave it hanging.

Making it unblockable would simply ensure that the attack will at the very least not be blocked and rendered useless.
#35  May 16, 2017, 07:49:29 am
  • WOLUFUFUFU♪
    • Thailand
    • sryutaro.wixsite.com/ryutarofuture
Oho, You work faster for susano'o than me.  :o
#36  May 16, 2017, 08:38:22 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
#37  May 16, 2017, 05:08:53 pm
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
I found a bug that I found while VS. against the AI.
-He walks during roundstate = 1; when both players are standing waiting for the round to begin.

Also, I scaled him 1:1 and added localcoord = 1280, 720, instead of his original xscale = 0.31 | yscale = 0.31. I have to multiply all his velocity values (hitdefs included) by 131% to reflect the 1 to 1 scale change. It's up to you if you want use localcoord within Susanoo.def; but I would recommend it since you can scale the character by localcoord while keeping the same velocity values.

Here is the video showing the round state bug and his velocity staying the same after scaling his x/y scale to 1 with local coord 720. Watch at round 2, he starts walking while the round has not begun yet.
#38  May 16, 2017, 05:16:28 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
-He walks during roundstate = 1; when both players are standing waiting for the round to begin.

Also, I scaled him 1:1 and added localcoord = 1280, 720, instead of his original xscale = 0.31 | yscale = 0.31. I have to multiply all his velocity values (hitdefs included) by 131% to reflect the 1 to 1 scale change. It's up to you if you want use localcoord within Susanoo.def; but I would recommend it since you can scale the character by localcoord while keeping the same velocity values.

Here is the video showing the round state bug and his velocity staying the same after scaling his x/y scale to 1 with local coord 720. Watch at round 2, he starts walking while the round has not begun yet.

That is how it works in Melty Blood although I am not sure if MB characters by 9 do it. If they don't (with same config settings as Susanoo), then we have a problem.

I will consider doing that. It will take some time, that is something I am sure of.
#39  May 17, 2017, 10:30:44 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

This is source accurate from MB. Pre Actress Again, 9's characters (includes Kisarai Ryuto's Rin) can only walk forward or back, but with Actress Again versions, they can jump too. Can be disabled in the config files.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#40  May 17, 2017, 12:22:23 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Expect an update within this week. Some of the original effects and j.D will come along with bug fixes.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:22:31 pm by Takehaya Susanoo