YesNoOk

SNK Entertainment Thread (Read 15491 times)

Started by walt, May 15, 2017, 08:12:27 pm
Share this topic:
SNK Entertainment Thread
#1  May 15, 2017, 08:12:27 pm
  • SNK is life
Hi guys

As some of you may know since SNK ditched the "Playmore" after being acquired by Tencent, they laid out some aggressive plans to exploit their IP, and BOY have they been busy! Here's some stuff of what's coming ahead.

The King of Fighters WORLD (Mobile)

MMORPG set in a fictional KOF World where all characters interact. Aesthetics are based on the newer, more stylish designs from KOF XIV and with lots of details like you would find in the alternate costumes of the Maximum Impact series (Andy straight up looks like a ninja straight out of Naruto  :grin3: ). I'm personally really hyped for this one.

Spoiler: KOF World Trailer (click to see content)

The King of Fighters: DESTINY (Mobile)

Based off the upcoming CG Animated Show, it's a Mobile Beat'em Up Game in 2D with new HR/HD sprites, and I think I noticed some edited assets from CVS. This one is going for a little bit more traditional designs and aesthetic with small reworkings. More screenshots here

Spoiler: KOF: DESTINY Trailer (click to see content)

The King of Fighters ALL STAR (Mobile)

It's a Mobile Beat'em Up Game in 3D with a VERY PLEASENT 3D graphics, kinda like celshaded. See for yourselves in the video above.
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:26:24 pm by walt
Re: SNK Entertainment Thread
#2  May 15, 2017, 08:20:42 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I kept seeing these KOFD vids on youtube and didn't realize it was something new, lol.
Terry looks straight ported from CvS.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  May 15, 2017, 09:41:49 pm
  • SNK is life
Yeah, it's CVS Terry alright, but with those dumb SLEEVES from the Destiny animation edited into the sprite. Originally I'd seen a video of Iori VS Yuri, and I noticed Iori had a very heavy CVS influence too, but Kyo looks like he's traced off of his 96 set.

In general, I think it's interesting to see what they're doing, you know, producing new 2D assets, but my most important hype comes from KOF World. I see there's a lot new voice acting in there (Like Benimaru calling Yuki and Daimon by name). Also, I really like the redisgns here, like Chizuru, Andy, Ikaris, etc
#4  May 16, 2017, 11:44:00 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
That KOF All Star looks interesting.. No release dates for any of them?
#5  May 16, 2017, 04:15:29 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Tencent didn't acquire SNK, although they have worked quite a bit with them on the Chinese front - it was Leyou Technologies Holdings that did.

I, for one, am glad to see SNK involved in more cross-promotional efforts, but I do worry a bit that people might get confused with all the recent spin-offs like World and Destiny, and worse, that some of them may never leave Asia... gotta wait and see, but these are certainly interesting times.
#6  May 16, 2017, 04:44:20 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, that's the other thing, I REALLY want them all, even KOF 98 UMOL, but there just aren't any translation efforts :(

I mean, the Chinese market size alone is the same size as the entire population of the American Continent altogether (both North and South), and they already speak only 1 language. Although if they were to translate at least to english, that would open the door for the entire world pretty much.

Edit: NEVER MIND ME, apparently as I was writing this KOF 98 UMOL was published in the Android / Google Play Store in English
Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:00:53 pm by walt
#7  May 16, 2017, 06:53:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
since this is about entertainment, does the kof "cg anime" fit in this topic ?
#8  May 16, 2017, 06:58:10 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, sure I guess. Feel free to consolidate the trailers in this thread. Not very hopeful for it, the design looks bad :(
#9  May 17, 2017, 05:47:01 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
A mobile game and an MMORPG starring "The King of Fighters"?! What will SNK come up with next?
#10  May 17, 2017, 05:54:55 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
MOBA or Card game.
Lasagna
#11  May 17, 2017, 06:15:45 am
    • Chile
    • http://www.mugenteammexico.com/forum
My next lifebars
#12  May 17, 2017, 06:00:20 pm
  • [E]