YesNoOk

How to Hide Select Cursor Over Hidden Rows (Read 10195 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, May 20, 2017, 02:53:54 am
Share this topic:
How to Hide Select Cursor Over Hidden Rows
#1  May 20, 2017, 02:53:54 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
So i just added a Hidden Row to the Mugeners 3 SP, but the Select Curser shows up when hovering over the characters on the row. I've used several SP's/Full Games that had built in Hidden Rows and the cursor didn't show up when selecting the characters in it.

Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Posted: May 20, 2017, 07:15:22 pm
Hahaha...ahh...1000+ Views and no responses. Does NOBODY know how to do this?
Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:15:22 pm by Sylveon-Chan
Re: How to Hide Select Cursor Over Hidden Rows
#2  May 21, 2017, 12:39:49 am
  • For the Murder!
hidden slots must be placed in an unreachable position from the start of the cursor, this means that the hidden slot can't be above/under nor left/right to a selectable slot. select cursors can't move diagonlly, so the unreachable slots can't be selected except by randomselect which can randomly select ANY character

here's an example:

any character placed where an empty slot is supposed to be, will make accesible the "hidden" slots

also, some screenpacks incude secret slots and hidden slots.
secret slots can't be seen, but are still selectable (like in your screenshot with sanae)
hidden slots simply can't be selected, sometimes can be seen or can be unselectable and also hidden from view
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:09:56 am by Duke of Corvus
#3  May 21, 2017, 03:55:35 am
    • Japan
Im sorry, then what im asking for is Secret Slots, not Hidden.

I want the slots to be there, but for them to be invisible. Which they are, however i don't want the curser to be there when selecting.
#4  May 21, 2017, 04:31:01 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Im sorry, then what im asking for is Secret Slots, not Hidden.

I want the slots to be there, but for them to be invisible. Which they are, however i don't want the curser to be there when selecting.

It is a visual trick, Put the slot right down of your screen.
Just like:

#5  May 21, 2017, 04:34:12 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
2 more rows should do the trick
#6  May 21, 2017, 04:48:05 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
#7  May 21, 2017, 04:52:50 am
    • Japan
Ah i think i understand. You trick the system by putting blank rows and then the hidden row off screen, so when u go past your normal roster it jumps down off screen to your last row....and because its offscreen theres no select cursor.

Now, lets say i wanted to add another one but on the top. Is there a way of doing that? Or would it simply be the same except i put the character row first then 2 blanks?
#8  May 21, 2017, 06:31:23 am
  • For the Murder!
if you activate the wrapping option, upon reaching the end of selectable slots, trying to move further will return the cursor to the first slot and vice versa.
that way you don't need to add a secret row on the top. you can add one more row at the bottom, and while on the frst row of normal slots, pressing up will make the cursor jump to the last row of secret slots.

however if you really want to add them at the top, you'll lso need to displace the position of the fisrt slot to be offscreen. by doing so, the first row will be offscreen and hence "secret". then comes some empty slots and then the normal slots
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:36:10 am by Duke of Corvus