YesNoOk

Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Who's Next - Optic Blast! (Read 192846 times)

Started by davismaximus, October 09, 2012, 10:25:09 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who should I spend the next 10 years on for a CS?

Cyclops by Buckus
7 (14.3%)
Cyclops by Loganir and Verz36
16 (32.7%)
Sabretooth by Kamekaze
2 (4.1%)
Captain America by Buckus
6 (12.2%)
Rogue by Splode
14 (28.6%)
Do someone else, you fucking hack
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: June 16, 2017, 12:16:34 am

Re: Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Captain Commando CS
#281  May 12, 2017, 06:37:07 am
    • USA
See, normally I could handle something like this on my own, but having trouble replicating the arm mesh. What did you use to do that? Wanted to maybe do it for Maki as well. Anywho here are the extra sprites I was able to dig up if you ever feel like adding these. https://www.mediafire.com/?nt26dkn4nli9vd1

Also there were only like 4-5 pals using the actual mesh. I'll be making more, let me know if you want them.
#282  May 13, 2017, 10:27:24 pm
    • USA
Yo, let me know if you want to team up on Jin, Kojiro is also making a Jin(correct me if I'm wrong) so it'll be put to use. Wasn't it you that made that FX that one time that I still use ha. Damn I have some legit ideas that can come to fruition. The kid needs it bad though. I already have an sff of all and any custom sprites ready to go. Let me know. Again, thanks for the Capcom CS, I love it.
#283  May 20, 2017, 12:27:16 am
See, normally I could handle something like this on my own, but having trouble replicating the arm mesh. What did you use to do that? Wanted to maybe do it for Maki as well. Anywho here are the extra sprites I was able to dig up if you ever feel like adding these. https://www.mediafire.com/?nt26dkn4nli9vd1

Also there were only like 4-5 pals using the actual mesh. I'll be making more, let me know if you want them.
I used [e]'s tool to do the fishnet stuff.  I thought I did those animations for him (or similar ones), but I'll check what I have.
Yo, let me know if you want to team up on Jin, Kojiro is also making a Jin(correct me if I'm wrong) so it'll be put to use. Wasn't it you that made that FX that one time that I still use ha. Damn I have some legit ideas that can come to fruition. The kid needs it bad though. I already have an sff of all and any custom sprites ready to go. Let me know. Again, thanks for the Capcom CS, I love it.

After a short break, I was kinda planning on another Marvel character, but I could be persuaded to work on Jin.  What do you have done for him so far?  And yeah, I made those FX - someone with actual talent could probably do better, but it was my first time trying that out.

Thanks man.

#284  May 20, 2017, 11:10:40 am
    • USA
Who? Marvel I mean. I'm still messing with that Magneto btw, just missing the FX.
I haven't started him yet, but I know that someone is also making him here. I just wanted to lessen the work & I also have plans for him as well. He needs that love.
#285  May 20, 2017, 11:07:51 pm
In no particular order:
  • Cyclops - Buckus's version has a CS floating around out there, but it has a bunch of problems, and I'd like to do it properly.  I also really like Loganir/Verz's version, and a pretty cool CS could be done for him too.
  • Sabretooth - Froz started him, but I dunno how far he got.
  • Captain America - Started an updated CS for Buckus's version a while back, lost a bunch of progress, and never got back to him.  I'd like to remedy that.
  • Rogue - I always wanted to see an updated version of her (you could do some crazy stuff with her power stealing ability), and maybe a good CS would motivate someone.

As far as Magneto FX, what else did you need done?  I could probably make some sub-par ones.
#286  May 21, 2017, 08:45:46 am
    • USA
All the FX for the specials/supers. No rush, I'm doing too many things right now at the moment anyhow, but can't say I'm super hype for Marvel. Still have to do that Ironman & Spidey, was just needing the run for the web slinger. Captain America huh. The chain vest & what not? Cyclops would be dope. I'd say go with that one as there is an actual version of him currently available or Cap. Rouge, well I wanted to do the exact same thing with Megaman, winning a round gains him access to that characters move. Not to mention with separation & rempal could replicate him changing into their respective color, but that kinda concept in general works best in an full game environment. You mean to start a new CS? I gave up on those old w.i.ps they died with those creators. Once I compile all of Vega's stuff, I really want to do that. All other SF2 characters have been CS'd already. Right now I'm knee deep into DS, tryna knock a few of those out. IF your interest lies in actual characters you can play with, we can def make something work.     
Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:49:33 am by ReixSeiryu
#287  May 21, 2017, 09:06:37 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The Sabretooth and Cyclops certainly sound promising.

Not like I wanna promote my stuff outside of its realm, but I still have the resources for that Spiral CS hanging around... just need to find the complete color tablet for the mystic swords and like a good SFF (I dont think there is one compiled)

Posting that for self motivation since that separation is nightmare-ish :V

Good luck with any of the projects tho, I will be willing to tackle with you on those again if you need to.
Chilling
#288  May 22, 2017, 01:33:33 am
All the FX for the specials/supers.
Going through the .sff Froz sent me, it looks like only his Magnetic Shockwave FX are missing.  I can try my hand at hi-resing them some time this week.  Your Megaman idea sounds awesome, maybe even incorporate it into a super or something to get access to the move earlier.  I recall a list of character traits that might help parse out characters beyond going by names.  I'll stop rambling now.

In a couple of weeks I'll put a poll up to see which Marvel character people want to get CS'ed.

Spiral CS
You're a madman if you fully go through with that, but I'd still love you all the same.  Some day we should all team up on Silver Samurai for the most tedious and pointless color separation of all time.
Re: Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Who's Next - Marvel Edition
#289  June 06, 2017, 12:18:18 am
Sorry for the dubby post, but I added a poll thing.  Vote or else I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.  Well I'll do that anyway but you get the point.
#290  June 06, 2017, 01:00:11 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Rogue would definitely be interesting with her powers.

lui

#291  June 06, 2017, 07:53:03 am
    • USA
gimme dat cyclops by loganir
#292  June 06, 2017, 12:02:29 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Captain America
#293  June 08, 2017, 03:48:54 am
    • USA
Captain America or do something else that will actually be used(or you'll use).
#294  June 09, 2017, 04:45:53 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I end up saying, do your job on Buckus' Cyclops (or Marrow)!
Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:27:21 pm by N. The Silver
Re: Davismaximus's WIP Thread: Who's Next - Optic Blast!
#295  June 17, 2017, 03:15:18 am
Honestly surprised by the outcome of the poll, but I've always wanted to CS someone's custom sprites so I'm happy.

Here's what I have planned, may scale it back a bit depending on how it goes:

I did notice that most of the palette is taken up by the optic blast gradient, so I'll have to cut that down pretty considerably.  Never done that before so I hope I don't fuck anything up.
#296  June 17, 2017, 03:28:42 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Damn I need that 80's Cyclops wow that's cool, forget about the optic blast we can find replacements if
You fuck it up lol

lui

#297  June 17, 2017, 10:26:54 am
    • USA
fuck. yes.
#298  June 19, 2017, 10:02:58 pm
    • Brazil
    • rafhot@msn.com
    • www.guimabrotherscreations.blogspot.com
yeah awesome color separation, it will be useful to my endless xmen beat em up too :P
#299  June 21, 2017, 10:27:23 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
holy shit! That's awesome!
#300  June 23, 2017, 09:36:26 pm
Thanks guys - he's gonna be a real pain in the ass since his bodysuit is all one color, but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Anyway, after reducing the colors on his FX, this is what I've got so far:

Top pic is the original, and bottom is with color reduction.  I don't think it looks too shabby considering I cut out almost half the colors.