YesNoOk

The big "What does MUGEN need fixed or lack" thread 2017 edition (Read 54299 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, May 27, 2017, 01:27:52 am
Share this topic:
The big "What does MUGEN need fixed or lack" thread 2017 edition
#1  May 27, 2017, 01:27:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So what do you guys think MUGEN could use to aid in development? What is broken in general? What could be improved?

To name a few.
-Push boxes!
-The ability to declare a move is a cinematic to remove objects that shouldn't display during a cinematic that removes the BG
-Better Projectile systems that are more akin to helpers now
-Better helpers that don't activate 1 tic late
-Better communication between root, helpers/projectiles/and opponents
-Double redirection! (may not be needed with the above)
-The ability to know which sprites the opponent is accessing so you can use alt sprites for alt costumes and such

BTW this thread is being watched by @Achilleon: who is making a new Fighter creator template for Unreal
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-project-unreal-fighter-2d-unreal-4-meets-mugen-update-03-05-2017-170837.0.html
Re: The big "What does MUGEN need fixed or lack" thread 2017 edition
#2  May 27, 2017, 01:30:07 am
A pallete system with Color Seperation being a normal feature that you can select.
Only needing to put the pallete on one sprite then having it automatically going onto every other sprite.
Or having it so it so you can choose from which sprite to which other sprite it goes onto. Like from 1,500 to 1,900 will all be affected or something.....that would probably be complicated but nice.
Edit: Oh and the abillity to have moving character sprites on the select screen like Xmen Vs Street Fighter.
Also tag being a built in mode that you can select next to Simul instead of it being one after the other.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:34:46 am by Memes never die
#3  May 27, 2017, 01:32:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

More BG controllers. Allow the stages to recognize the begining and end of rounds. Give them their own .snd files for sfx. 
#4  May 27, 2017, 01:49:47 am
  • Been toying with MUGEN since 2014
    • USA
I've always wanted a tag team mode akin to the MvC series, but I doubt that will ever happen any time soon.

For some reason, I've always wanted a Mugen All-star Mode to be a thing.
If there are any problems, let me know. I will try to fix them as soon as possible.
#5  May 27, 2017, 01:54:29 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
If this is not still present in current builds:

Able to flag arcade matches--- Assigning hidden/secret boss fights with triggers that will detect how many times have you used SCA, HA, HP, HT to knock out your opponents before a certain number of match, etc.
#6  May 27, 2017, 01:56:06 am
    • Netherlands
Being able to exclude characters from appearing as opponents in Survival like you could with Arcade

Fix the DefenceMulSet controller

Maybe a better default A.I. if possible
#7  May 27, 2017, 01:58:42 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
What needs to be added?
-A way to check if enemy's state is an overhead or a standing low attack.
-A way to check if the enemy's attack puts the target into a custom state.
-A way to reflect projectiles.
-A way to label helpers as projectiles.
-A way to change get hit sprites so that the characters will not revert back to their default sprites after they transform or somehow change appearance.
-Various debuffs like poison and specials lock. It is possible to code a poison effect now, but many other things require modifying other characters.
Arcade mode customization would also be nice.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:06:10 am by Takehaya Susanoo
#8  May 27, 2017, 01:58:53 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Yellow guard boxes like sf4, mugens guarddist parameter in the hitdef doesn't seem to work
Yet, it never did for me but I would like to let me enemy know what distance he should
Be from my attack to guard it instead of going straight into the guard state from half a
Screen away because he's walking back, mugen attack dist in the CNS portion where
You set head and mid pos seems to work how the guarddist should work but its for all
Attacks in general lame...
#9  May 27, 2017, 02:02:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
- True stage interaction
- Some more control over the select screen/versus screen; for instance: perhaps a way to natively allow the use of thumbnails for stage selection, or perhaps a stage selection screen that plays after the select screen; maybe some kind of optional menu that pops up after a character is selected, allowing the selection (and preview) of palettes, groove or mode selection, and the like (perhaps this would best be embedded within an individual character's code); animated portraits, sounds that play when a particular character is selected, etc.
- native support for superarmor
- a more natural way of handling special character deaths/fatalities/winposes (e.g., that Rolento winpose where he throws a grenade at the opponent and they get knocked slightly into the air by the explosion); all of which is possible currently, but doesn't seem particularly newbie friendly (and also it's super annoying to set up)
#10  May 27, 2017, 02:29:37 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

funny thing, I was making up a list compiling stuff that mugen needs to be fixed or lacks from pervous threads upon this subject matter. This is what I got so far, I'll put down some more from this thread as well and I didn't know someone was making a mugen clone with the unreal engine.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's a shame elecbyte hasn't been active for the past few years (hope it isn't the whole ten year fiasco again)
#11  May 27, 2017, 03:03:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
My everlasting wish: the ability to have background music change to special music if a certain character fights another certain character and also to tailor arcade mode to have specific sub bosses for each character
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12  May 28, 2017, 05:26:22 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Have the latest mugen versions have the character select screen for strikers and groove select options? And also for  extra animations for background and foreground?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#13  May 28, 2017, 05:52:59 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
be able to show portraits of all 4 fighters in simul at the select screen and the ability to trigger the victory quote of the fighter who won not just the "leader"
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#14  May 28, 2017, 06:39:48 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
The ability to implement rival matches by default
#15  May 28, 2017, 12:41:57 pm
Cheers for all the information friends. This thread will be used to determine what is there to add to Unreal Fighter 2D. I may not respond, but as JNP said, I am watching it closely. ^-^
#16  May 28, 2017, 01:06:06 pm
More control over sound for stages, dynamic zoom, not the static one between two vars. Support for all new renderers.

Proper 2 keyboard support for local play, but thats a windows thing.
Stuff like 3v3 4v4 etc, score system, a proper arcade intro, with a score system scrolling at the end of the demo.

Animated stage intros/ previews.
All in all these are just bells and whistles, but still cool.

When you switch to a char lets say in a 2v2 or a 3v3 tag match his theme kicks in.

Multiple arcade options by that lets say you have 50 POTS chars 50 KOF chars, selecting a kof char, you'll play a kof arcade mode

Achilleon, if possible a universal drag and drop interface, for stages, arcade ladder, stuff like that. Something like Vselect for chars.

Back to mugen, if they dont plan to update it, just make it open source and the community will keep it alive ffs.
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:30:40 pm by PeXXeR
#17  May 28, 2017, 01:49:04 pm
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
here nobody mention yet:
video support so it doesn't eat ram
64bit exe so it doesn't crash caused by lack vram
32 bit png palette editor
dx11 or dx12 mode better support for reshade on older gpu ,opengl is buggy slow in win8,win10 on my laptop
7zip support for char,stage,screenpack to save space
easy to hide character from selectscreen,
prevent the char not play in survival mode
unlocked character
char with interactive stage always play in his stage when in demo mode and never clash with other char with interactive stage
easy animated portrait
stage preview thumbnail generator in selectscreen
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:54:52 pm by yaminogun
#18  May 28, 2017, 03:37:54 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
1. Remappal for stage elements.
2. freqmul functionality restored.
3. namable variables/arrays.
4. wild cards for string triggers.
a current example, p2name = "18" || "Android 18" || "C-18" || "C18".
a wildcard example, p2name="%18".
5. DEFs capable of defining multiple SFF/SNDs the idea is so character from a given creator can access a common or base set of sounds with the primary SND defined, then the second SND listed could be voice SND. So JPN/ENG/etc voices could be seperated out with out having all the hit/special sounds in both of them. The second SND could also override the first SND in that if the first SND has a sound effect 41,0, and the second SND has sound 41,0, then the first SND is overidden by the second, so 41,0 plays the sound from the second file. The idea is to reduce the size of characters with multiple soundpacks, and also to allow creators their own personal commonSNDs. For SFFs the same logic applies, I could have one commonSFF for my character that just has FX sprites, then another that has character sprites and FX overrides if needed. If it's possible to tie the secondary SFF(s) to palette mappings on character load, then that could solve the custom throw/alt costume issues as well by having 2 sffs, might not be sensible for transformations though as unloading/loading an sff midmatch sounds like a bad idea(would cause short hangs i'd imagine).
6. fully integrated lua support
7. char unlocking (though i can write a seperate exe for this too if I really needed it)
8. Interpolate CLSN/or the ability to somehow rotate a clsn to be more than just a standard rectangle (would allow me to throw away my entire line draw/WxH intersect project)
9. better trigger redirection, would love to able to check specifically enemy helpers for a specific var for collision detection/energy attack struggles(or clashes whatever they are called)

I can probably post more whenever I'm back in town maybe mid-week. Of course I'll probably forget by then!
#19  May 29, 2017, 08:11:42 pm
  • For honor!
In-Game sprite cropping as seen here

in MUGEN that move is gonna be trickier to visually replicate.
Iroha stripped for me
#20  May 29, 2017, 08:14:09 pm
An in game training feature that doesn't rely on a single character.
Someone who would be willing to put the changes in mentioned in the thread...(an impossibility I know)
A music selector.
Edit: Saw Achilleon's new comment and I must say that you doing this is pretty cool finally Mugen can get an update in some form. I'll likely download any new stuff for that version of Mugen while keeping my current version....too many characters to just delete ya know. Anyways good luck with your project and all that.
Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:34:43 pm by Memes never die