YesNoOk

Reapplying the previous palette help (Read 4114 times)

Started by krudelu, June 06, 2017, 06:37:46 am
Share this topic:
Reapplying the previous palette help
#1  June 06, 2017, 06:37:46 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Hello,

In one of the sprites I modified, I went to RGB mode to be able to modify it through photoshop. After putting it back to index mode after modifying the sprite, the previous palette it used to have is gone.

here's the palette it used to have:

And after I had to go RGB mode in order for me to modify the sprite (I had to rotate the sprite that time), here's how it ended up:

Is there a good way to reapply the previous palette to the modified sprite after reapplying index mode from RGB mode?
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:01:17 am by krudelu
Re: Reapplying the previous palette help
#2  June 06, 2017, 01:17:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Save the palette as an act then increase color count. Do what you need then index the Sprite and load the palette
#3  June 06, 2017, 01:49:13 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
If it's just the ones sprite, here's quick way to do it. Take the original indexed file and clear the canvas, paste your new sprite onto the indexed canvas. This will force your new sprite into the old palette. You may or may not need to touch up pixels afterwards, it just depends on color and how altered the sprite was.

This method of course works best if the original palette was simplified down to only the original swords colors... that way no colors can get mixed in with the new sword.
Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:37:52 pm by ink
#4  June 07, 2017, 11:13:14 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  June 08, 2017, 12:06:09 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Rotate it with Nearest Neighor interpolation.  Bilinear, bicubic, etc will all result in antialiasing creating new colors - look at all those new blue shades

#6  June 08, 2017, 12:58:23 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can also use Fighter Factory 3 to rotate the sprite. Just duplicate the image, enter the image editor, use the rotate option, then save and dont apply the changes to the other sprite. It'll keep the same palette. Use the pencil tool while in the sprite editor to clean up any jaggies.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
New #7  June 08, 2017, 07:02:03 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Okay getting the rotating the sprite to work while keeping the palette. Thanks guys.
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:39:09 am by krudelu