YesNoOk

T_N's long and rocky road (Read 197193 times)

Started by The_None, November 15, 2015, 02:25:36 pm
Re: T_N's long and rocky road
#81  March 21, 2017, 11:58:14 pm
That's hot. ;)
#82  March 24, 2017, 08:35:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
You know how artists for some games like SFA do their rolling animations in a way that they basically do the single frame and simply copypaste said frame and rotate by 90 degrees, leaving shading intact? Well....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm not one of those folks.
#83  March 24, 2017, 08:38:19 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
ROFL!! Loooks like he has a lot of fun rolling around. Great stuff The_None!
#84  March 24, 2017, 08:57:30 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
great Dinkspin ;) and nice work on going the extra mile for the adjusted shading on each frame!
#85  April 09, 2017, 09:41:23 pm
Sword angle test

Maybe it's just me but part of me feels like I should've probably made a 3D model of that sword so I wouldn't mess the pespective that much trying to potray the sword in all of these different angles. Anybody knows a good tutorial on how to draw things in different angles/perspective by chance?
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:04:42 pm by The_None
#86  April 22, 2017, 05:46:01 pm
I'm not sure shall I just do a Sprite Project thread for progress on Dink's Slash style stuff while using this thread for other purposes or just keep posting in Dink gifs like how Diepod uses his graphics board thread for everything he does but whatever the case, have a few rough cuts of slash basic anims because told you I'm not done with the character yet.

Spoiler: Standing "Light" Slash (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Heavy Slash (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing close Light Slash (click to see content)
#87  April 22, 2017, 05:50:46 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Will Dink put his sword after each attack into his backpack while in Slash style? I thought he would have another stance with the sword in his hands for Slash style...
#88  May 01, 2017, 08:08:18 pm
Yes. I'll reiterate that the Slash style would be more themed around the use of weapons, so in addition to sword attacks one can also expect Dink to make some use of axes, bombs and the bow (which in Slash style would be like a weaker version of the bow super that requires no super stock but has to be charged for more damage/velocity).

Part of me isn't quite satisfied with how long it took me to animate this standing close hard slash yet how lacking in impact it looks or something, apparently the follow-through is so wrong part of me feels like completely redoing the animation (or perhaps even partly ripping off the jumping (hard) slash animation I did)
I would try doing something about the animation (or just move on to other animations I have a better idea how to do), but given some recent events....

Spoiler: I did.... this (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:52:36 pm by The_None
#89  May 08, 2017, 10:16:44 pm
Yet another bump after the lack of replies, I'm starting to slowly doubt this forum being the place I'd ever get any feasible feedback. I'll admit that at times the lack of feedback I got with the few times I tried spriting in the past before Beavis is part of why rarely ever my spriting experiments in 2007-2012 usually didn't go anywhere beyond a single unfinished sprite.
Spoiler: Jump "Light Slash" (click to see content)

Spoiler: Crouching Slash (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:53:50 pm by The_None
#90  May 08, 2017, 10:35:25 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm impressed with that foreshortening in your sword angle test. It's looking great so far.

I really like how you have his facial expressions in every animation. I always forget that part when I'm making stuff but it adds so much to the character!
#91  May 08, 2017, 11:09:37 pm
I've seen this floating around, you could watch this and get some tips on animation ;)

Be careful because I think some actions you made have the flaws the guy in the video points out.
#92  May 10, 2017, 09:47:10 pm
I've seen the video quite a while ago, and as much as I'd admit there are few animations I'd work on further (standing close light slash) if not outright redoing (standing light "kick"), It would be helpful if you'd point me out what anims happen to be that flawed. If it happens to be the case with quite a number of anims I did plenty of months ago, then.... well.... sure I would always remake these but I'd nonetheless still wish I would have gotten sufficient feedback for these back when these anims were in their raw rendered vector phase.

With that said have these for now:
Spoiler: Crouching slash with recovery frames (click to see content)
Spoiler: Alexandra-style standing "suppercut" command normal (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:34:32 pm by The_None
#93  May 11, 2017, 12:32:56 pm
The crouching light punch would be one of the cases described in the video regarding the attacks and the character's balance, but it's not really important since it could add to Dink's silliness (no offence meant).
#94  May 15, 2017, 11:10:09 pm
Yeah the anim came out like that with a combination of a little bit of that and a little bit of me having no idea what I was doing anatomy-wise, and perhaps I would think about redoing this anim a bit now that I might have an idea on how to do it more properly if the crouching slash is of any indication.

Anim timings in these gifs are definately not quite final to how I'd do when I'd put these into Mugen:
Spoiler: aerial slash knockdown attack (stand blowback would still be the finger in Slash mode tho') (click to see content)
Spoiler: a silly bomb toss animation I have put relatively little effort into (click to see content)
Spoiler: the looped first part of the fire sword special (click to see content)
#95  May 25, 2017, 10:21:19 pm
Man I really need to step up at my dialy animation progress rate
Spoiler: The full sequence of the QCB+HP->LP->LP->HP (click to see content)
#96  May 26, 2017, 10:04:27 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Keep it up :)
Haohmaru ain't got shit on Dink!
#97  May 28, 2017, 12:40:00 am
I hope I can keep up the pace despite some circumstances I won't bother bringing up there.
Spoiler: Axe hit/throw (click to see content)
Spoiler: a single frame of the spining kick super (click to see content)
Spoiler: have a further sequence of said spinning kick super (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:35:58 pm by The_None
#98  June 14, 2017, 10:02:50 pm
Mostly redid what would be the close standing light slash based on Insanius's idea.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#99  June 14, 2017, 10:25:08 pm
How many hits?
You're probably aware, but just in case: one of the legs seems to be shrinking in size.

That's a funny attack. :D
#100  June 15, 2017, 10:09:17 pm
I've intended for this normal to hit once but it does look a bit like it could hit twice if only for how fast the motion was.
Before I'll go on and try fixing one of the legs.....
Spoiler: Two variants of the Style Switch Attack (click to see content)
Spoiler: Mostly redone Jump Hard Slash (click to see content)