YesNoOk

BlazBlue Yuuki Terumi (Melty Blood AC style) W.I.P. (Read 27860 times)

Started by Takehaya Susanoo, June 14, 2017, 08:19:41 am
Share this topic:
BlazBlue Yuuki Terumi (Melty Blood AC style) W.I.P.
#1  June 14, 2017, 08:19:41 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
While I have nothing to do, I will work on the third official project - Yuuki Terumi.

Once again, I am going with Act Cadenza as it is easier to work with and for the sake of consistency. The character used as a base was made by 9 as well. Terumi's sprites were ripped by SirRouzel (Dustloop), his additional GFX was ripped by rNNN_ (Dustloop), his Central Fiction voice was ripped by Venom00 (Dustloop) while his Chronophantasma english voice was ripped by Seraphs Ares.

For the present, I do not have a finalized moveset outside of his normals, but you can expect some of Hazama's moves to be used and taunt cancels will be here. I am not sure if I should make his specials, EX specials and Arc Drives behave as if he is always in Overdrive or leave only some of them cancellable.

Progress:
Intros: 100%
Victory animations: 0%
Movement: 100%
Normals: 100%
Specials: 0%
Arc Drive: 0%
Last Arc: 0%
Taunt: 100%

Oh, and if you know about how BlazBlue does its effects and you are worried about his Ouroboros, I have already made a 3D model for it.
Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:25:00 am by Takehaya Susanoo
Re: BlazBlue Yuuki Terumi (Melty Blood AC style) W.I.P.
#2  June 14, 2017, 08:24:46 am
I feel like for supers while in blood heat all of them will be upgraded to overdrive status. Outside of that they would be normal. This is just an idea of course.
Edit: Also it seems like you're also working on ES nice just remember to take your time with it and all that. Maybe take a break at some point though this is just a suggestion.
#3  June 14, 2017, 08:40:24 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I feel like for supers while in blood heat all of them will be upgraded to overdrive status. Outside of that they would be normal. This is just an idea of course.
Edit: Also it seems like you're also working on ES nice just remember to take your time with it and all that. Maybe take a break at some point though this is just a suggestion.
Blood Heat already halves meter cost and most of Terumi's drives are fast enough for the gradual meter drain not to be a problen. While I wish to see what someone could do with it (5-6 Gleaming Fangs in a row? 5 Serpent's Lacerations?), I do not think that is a good idea.
As I have said before, this "Es" has been finished a long time ago. I am not working on her right now, but I will completely rework her much later to actually be Es. I will take a break though, that I can say for sure. When I will do it is something I do not know.
#4  June 14, 2017, 10:25:22 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I will follow with particular interest also this wip.
#5  June 14, 2017, 12:21:18 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
As I have said before, this "Es" has been finished a long time ago. I am not working on her right now, but I will completely rework her much later to actually be Es. I will take a break though, that I can say for sure. When I will do it is something I do not know.

I didn't even know that you were planning to make Es until now. Glad to know that she will be a future WIP, though. Her Astral Heat is badass.

Also I dunno how Terumi and taunt cancels will work, but I guess I'll know how when he's finished.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:01:12 am by Solid Snivy
#6  June 17, 2017, 03:45:17 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I didn't even know that you were planning to make Es until now. Glad to know that she will be a future WIP, though. Her Astral Heat is badass.

Also I dunno how Terumi and taunt cancels will work, but I guess I'll know how when he's finished.

It is also very hard to recreate.

To be honest, I do not know how that will work (beyond being able to use specials and such while taunting) either. There is no Rapid Cancel.

Cleaving Fang done:

Serpent's Laceration (both versions) done:

Also, if you defeat the enemy with it, he will go into a special victory pose like in the source, but you can add extra stomps once he is done talking until the screen blacks out.
Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:09:59 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#7  June 18, 2017, 02:03:21 am
    • USA
I'm gonna assume that the extra kicks thing is gonna be mapped to either the down motion or the Start button. Cause any other button will just skip the victory pose.
#8  June 22, 2017, 01:01:05 am
  • M.U.G.E.N SHALL NOT DIE!!!
    • USA
Oh both characters look amazing, i'll be sure to follow this thread
#9  June 23, 2017, 03:39:00 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Falling Fang/Ressenga (623A) is done:

Rising Fang/Gashoukyaku (623B) is done:

Divine Twin Blades/Gouga Soutenjin (623C) is done:

Progress has been too slow to my liking and I intend to fix that.
#10  June 24, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
Nine would be an epic project lol xD
#11  June 24, 2017, 07:09:32 pm
    • USA
It's been a while since I've seen anything Terumi related, so I might get things wrong. But doesn't the dude have like, quite a few Distortion Drives at his disposal, even moreso than other characters?
#12  June 24, 2017, 07:44:51 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
It's been a while since I've seen anything Terumi related, so I might get things wrong. But doesn't the dude have like, quite a few Distortion Drives at his disposal, even moreso than other characters?

Yes, he has 6 Distortion Drives (Gleaming Fang, Venomous Bite, Divine Twin Blades, Serpent's Laceration, Serpent's Cursed Sting and Screeches of the Condemned) + 2 DDs exclusive to his Unlimited form (a different version of his aerial Gleaming Fang and his version of Hazama's Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent). Fortunately, most of these can be safely turned into EX versions of his specials although some will function differently from normal specials. For example, Venomous Bite will have to be Retaliating Fang's EX version even though the only thing they have in common is that they both trap the enemy with Ouroboros before tightening up the coils.

Nine would be an epic project lol xD

And a very difficult one as she uses a lot of GFX.
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:51:01 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#13  June 29, 2017, 07:05:01 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Snakebite/Jagaku A is done:

It travels farther than B version, but it is not a command grab and has no additional meter gain. As this attack uses particles for its trail effect, I had to use something different.
Snakebite/Jagaku B is done:

Now this is much closer to the source. It can be cancelled into a super as soon as Terumi yanks the chain. Speaking of the chain, it is currently too dark as it is using sub transparency and I am trying to find a way to fix this.
Gleaming Fang/Jakyou Messenga is done:

Currently it acts as EX version of Snakebite because they are both dash attacks, but it prevents me from giving Terumi aerial Gleaming Fang.
#14  July 05, 2017, 01:08:39 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Retaliating Fang/Gasenshou A is done:

It is faster and ends with a wallbounce, but it has no meter gain.
Retaliating Fang/Gasenshou B is done:

This is much closer to the source.
Venomous Bite/Ouja Zanrouga is done:

Compared to the source, this actually works. All attacks except for projectiles are countered. If a projectile does not have the correct attribute, he will ignore it and attack its owner. Unfortunately, the projectile might be left in a state where it simply stays on the screen. I am trying to fix that. Also, he does not say anything while attempting to counter the enemy's attacks, leaving only a suddenly vanishing power bar and a chain in his hands as warnings. It is not considered to be an attack either.

That was the last special. Now only Serpent's Cursed Sting, Arc Drive, Last Arc and AI are left.
#15  July 05, 2017, 04:34:16 am
    • USA
Doesn't SCS drain the opponents' health and add onto his? Cause if so then you'll have to find a good way to balance it. If not, then I'm just remembering things incorrectly.
#16  July 05, 2017, 04:36:52 am
He has no moves that drain health.
He drains meter instead.
#17  July 05, 2017, 04:37:51 am
    • USA
#18  July 05, 2017, 11:54:23 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Serpent's Cursed Sting/Jabaku Fuuenjin is done:

Since there are 3 power bars in MB instead of 2, he uses OD finisher if at least 2 extra bars are drained. This is not his Arc Drive by the way.
Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:13:27 am by Takehaya Susanoo
#19  July 06, 2017, 12:08:32 am
    • USA
This is not his Arc Drive by the way.
Then if it's like Susanoo and Izanami, his Arc Drive is gonna be his Exceed Accel, that being Dungeon of Serpents. Screeches of the Condemned can work too unless that's already an EX move.
#20  July 06, 2017, 12:12:57 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Then if it's like Susanoo and Izanami, his Arc Drive is gonna be his Exceed Accel, that being Dungeon of Serpents. Screeches of the Condemned can work too unless that's already an EX move.

Screeches of the Condemned is not used by anything at the moment and I cannot think of something that could use it as its EX version, so, it will be his Arc Drive. Dungeon of Serpents (without AF) will probably be his ground shield counter unless I decide not to use it.