YesNoOk

Helper keeps disappearing/Stops working (Read 2726 times)

Started by Prime SC, June 22, 2017, 03:50:54 am
Share this topic:
Helper keeps disappearing/Stops working
#1  June 22, 2017, 03:50:54 am
  • Niigasan
So when I do this certain move, the helper will stop working the more I do it, it'll work for the first maybe 6-7 times before the helpers stop working completely, im not sure at all what the problem is as I can't find a fix for it, anybody got an idea of what might be wrong? Thanks for the help I'm advance!
Re: Helper keeps disappearing/Stops working
#2  June 22, 2017, 07:14:53 am
  • GEE GEE
The helpers are probably not destroying themselves after use. There is a certain limit to the amount of helpers you are allowed to have in a match. Once you exceed that number, helpers will stop being called.
wat.
#3  June 22, 2017, 01:26:41 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
One reason they could not be being destroyed properly is that you could be spawning multiple helpers at the same time.
Check your helper to make sure you have the limit of 1, or what ever amount you need, spawned at a time.
But make sure you have a good amount of destroyself triggers. 1 should be a fall-back timer. Maybe something ridiculous like trigger9 = time >= 360. so after 6mins it'll have to destroy itself if the other triggers fail. (Obviously change the 9 to be the last trigger value)

If you have any variables that are watched to make sure you can only spawn the helper at certain times, use displaytoclipboard to watch it. See if it's messing up somehow.

You can switch to the helper and see when/if it dies with ctrl+d. Just switch to it while it's active and you should be able to watch it's life cycle. Once it's gone, you can respawn it, and mugen will pop up all it's details. You can use displaytoclipboard inside the helper too.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  June 22, 2017, 01:37:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#5  June 22, 2017, 06:13:54 pm
  • Niigasan
Thanks guys, I'll check this out and get back to y'all
#6  June 26, 2017, 11:04:26 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
How'd it go?

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#7  June 27, 2017, 02:54:24 am
  • Niigasan
I thiiinnkkk I fixed it, I think the problem was I had the helpers overlapping eachother with the move, I just changed the helper times in the animation and I haven't any problems, thanks again yall are always a big help!
#8  June 27, 2017, 04:22:29 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
dont forget to hit the solved button at the bottom left
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv