YesNoOk

Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna] (Read 78848 times)

Started by hatter, July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Captain Commando, Tifa, Alena]
#61  May 04, 2017, 09:02:48 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Excuse the brain lapse. Link fixed in my original post.
This is a generic forum signature.
#62  June 22, 2017, 07:09:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Yes, this is still happening.

This version of Captain Commando will have the same special moves that Warusaki3's version had: Captain Burst (from Namco x Capcom), Captain Kick, and Captain Upper. The only addition to the set will be Captain Collidor, which was a Super Move in his version. The planned Limit Breaks are Captain Fire (LV.1), Captain Sword (LV.2), and Captain Storm (LV.3)

The other Commandos will not appear except in the win poses, Captain Sword, and Captain Storm. There's going to be another character that has strikers appearing in his specials/Limit Breaks in place of the Captain, but I'm not gonna talk about him now.

Captain Strike (which was the move where other Commandos appeared as strikers) is now the name for a unique attack. It is basically his MvC heavy kick. There is a different kick to compensate for it, however.

What I've done so far:
-Basic movement and get-hits.
-Normals and Unique Attacks.
-Win poses (2/3), intro poses (2/3), and taunt animations.
-All Special attacks (they currently do not have any hitdefs in their code yet).

I'll post a link for the Captain tomorrow once I add in hitdefs for his special attacks. I'll also be uploading a new link for Ryu, because I've done some small updates to his code.

(P2 palette courtesy of Davismaximus).

(EDIT: GIF died. I'll upload screenshots this afternoon in its place).
Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:45:53 pm by Hatter

lui

#63  June 22, 2017, 08:01:51 am
    • USA
you're using that awesome cs job by davis right? please tell me you are
#64  June 22, 2017, 08:09:20 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nope.
#65  June 22, 2017, 08:52:32 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Kinda of a minus suggestion, but if was possible you could add his voices from Project X Zone 2.

Overall, it looks awesome, keep it up :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#66  June 22, 2017, 09:54:16 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm using his Namco x Capcom voice (which I shamelessly took from Waru's).

PXZ2 voice is not a bad suggestion honestly, but I don't want to go back to adding sound files to the SND (its like 42 atm), so I'm going to stick with the NxC voice.

EDIT: because I have no desire to use CS'd sprites. At all. 

EDIT 2: something happened on my end, and I just noticed that my post was posted like 5 times. fixed it now, sorry about that.

Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:52:44 am by Hatter

lui

#67  June 22, 2017, 09:54:24 am
    • USA
#68  July 09, 2017, 06:59:50 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So I finally got off my lazy arse. Here's the beta.

So far, only normals, throws, unique attacks, and special attacks are implemented. There's probably a huge chunk of shit wrong with it, anything you find is fair game, so post it all here.

I might not be able to implement it all immediately, but all issues will be addressed.
#69  July 09, 2017, 07:15:23 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
A strange glitch occurred relating to stun
After i stunned the opponent, i tested how they reacted whilst being flung in to the air. They can still be hit, but for whatever reason, when i hit them a certain number of times, they land and get up, still stunned, but are invincible until the stun wears off. Maybe look in to how SF3 handled its stun as it seems to fit the kinda thing you may be going for.
#70  July 09, 2017, 07:37:38 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Its probably because I bunged up the Dizzy Code when adding the MvC motion (the vertical spin) to it. I'll look into it, because I just found that it's also present in Ryu.

I probably either misplaced a code block, mistyped, or altogether forgot to add something important, so its back to reviewing Lost_Avenger's Ryu for me.

EDIT: I did miss a couple of code blocks, but its actually the juggle code I'm using that's causing this, ha. Now to actually fix this.
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:48:37 pm by Hatter

lui

#71  July 09, 2017, 08:24:47 pm
    • USA
Is the juggle code the one provided by jnp? If so I'm having the same issue with it regarding one of my projects, if you get a solution be sure to share it with me pls thx
#72  July 10, 2017, 01:58:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Walruslui: Hey. I fiddled around with it a bit this afternoon, and I solved it:

Code:
;Reset Juggle
[State -2, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H || P2StateNo = (insert Dizzy State # here)
var(7) = 0

It worked on both Ryu and Captain Commando on my end. Let me know how it works for you.

Just as an extra addition, we are having a bit of a setback with the SP, so it may be a while before work can be resumed on it. We'll keep you updated on it.
Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:03:26 am by Hatter

lui

#73  July 10, 2017, 08:41:54 am
    • USA
yup it worked, thanks a bunch!
#74  September 11, 2017, 05:47:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

BURN BITCH BURRRRN!

So yeah, this is still a thing. And what you see is the first of three Limit Breaks. Yep, you read right, Captain Fire will not be a special attack similar to how Warusaki3 did it. However, it'll be a one-hit move like in the original MvC games, because I don't want all projectile Limit Breaks to be multi-hitting.

Also, some stuff to share:
-Roster changes. I know, I know, again?. Yes, this time significantly lower, and the final time I do one. This new roster is actually more feasible to create because of existing graphical resources I can use/reference, mostly pertaining to Square Enix characters. All characters that have existing sprites/animations made by me will remain. This means that Asura, Tifa, Alena Tsarevna, Sora (I recently made a sprite for the dude), Viewtiful Joe (sprites being made by Felo), and Gene are still in. I'll share it once Captain Commando is mostly complete.

-I've been thinking of a mechanic similar to the Marvel Super Heroes Infinity Stones mechanic. But with the Final Fantasy Crystals. How I was thinking it would work:

-4 Crystals: Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Each has a unique property, but comes with a setback upon use. For example, the Earth Crystal grants the user Super Armour, but takes away their speed. They last for a small amount of time.
-They pop up sporadically during a fight in the middle of the arena, only once per battle. Completely randomized.
-Similar to the Infinity Stones, they can be knocked out of an opponent through special attacks, throws, and knock-down inducing moves.

Just wanted to gauge thoughts on that, and to know whether this is feasible in a full-game environment.

Aside from that, what's left for Captain Commando:
-Captain Sword
-Captain Storm
-General balancing (this applies to Ryu as well, as I will be checking up on him concurrently)
-Adding flame FX to hurt animations upon contact with Captain Burst and Captain Fire
-Fix a small SND problem I'm having with one of his intros where the intro SND still plays after I press any button (I'm assuming it has to due with the length of the sound file itself. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome)
-Zero Counters

So I have my work cut out for me. Which means I won't really be able to do any sprite related stuff (e.g. Tifa, Asura, those hit sparks I promised a long time ago ;-;). But once the good Captain my Captain is knocked out of the park, those hit sparks will be priority numero uno, followed by everyone's fave titillating babe and some angry Buddhist.

Alrighty, see you in 5-6 months!
#75  September 11, 2017, 06:26:22 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hm. Now I wonder what changed the roster this time. Anywho, good to see that you're making some progress with this, if even a little. The mechanics with the crystals sounds interesting though and could easily work if you know how to handle the way infinity stones worked.
#76  September 11, 2017, 06:08:35 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hm. Now I wonder what changed the roster this time.
A lot of cuts, but necessary cuts.

Anywho, good to see that you're making some progress with this, if even a little. The mechanics with the crystals sounds interesting though and could easily work if you know how to handle the way infinity stones worked.

I don't think it'd be impossible, but then again, I'm no MUGEN maestro so I'll have to actually do some research and see if someone did implement an Infinity Stones mechanic in a full-game environment.

On the topic of the Crystals, I found that I actually had descriptions for all 4 written down so I guess I'll share:

-Earth: Gives "Super Armor" but reduces speed.
-Fire: Increased attack power but reduces defense. Also, added burn FX to knock-down inducing attacks
-Water:  Increased speed + attack speed, but reduces attack power
-Air: Gives double/triple jump depending on the character, but leaves you more susceptible to air attacks.

Obviously the last one sounds kinda dumb, and I don't blame you for thinking that. I just couldn't think of what I can do for the Air Crystal. All of this is completely up in the air, and may or may not happen. Nevertheless, suggestions are welcome.
#77  September 11, 2017, 10:08:18 pm
    • USA
What about increased meter gain for Limit Breaks? That could work easily. Or, if you're implementing those status effects for gameplay purposes, immunity to those? Or, decreased frames needed to do parry or whatever, making it easier to do parries or the like? Just some food for thought there~
#78  September 11, 2017, 10:27:38 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
First one sounds like something that can come in handy during battle. The other two feel like they require more coding, so those might not actually work (I'd rather stick to the core subsystems I put with Ryu than add more).

The only thing that would be needed in the case of the first idea would be some form of downside to keep it uniform between the rest of the crystals. Maybe a limit to your usage of Limit Breaks? Like, whatever power you accumulate with the increased LB gain during the active time for that Crystal will all be used during whatever Limit Break you use. That would probably apply only to Level 1 and Level 2 Limit Breaks, though. But, it kinda handicaps you without leaving you completely helpless, I suppose.

#79  September 12, 2017, 02:44:00 am
    • USA
How about less defense/offense power while it's active? Decrease all those paramaters in favor of lots of Limit Breaks going off?
#80  September 12, 2017, 03:16:21 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That sounds a lot better, actually. I mean, I was trying to make it so a parameter other than attack and defense takes a hit, but I guess it won't hurt to have a double-trouble kind of situation going on with the Air Crystal.