YesNoOk

blazblue tag battle (Read 418610 times)

Started by c001357, July 16, 2017, 10:08:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: blazblue tag battle
#41  July 19, 2017, 12:39:44 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
That makes no sense whatsoever. If this game was to be just a random crossover of characters they already have, they wouldn't make any new character, just put in the ones they already have from the first three games.
"Just put them in"? The sprite styles of GGX and BB/P/Fate are totally different, not to even mention the ratio of the sprites.

And I assure you that, if they will make an universal sprite style, they're more likely to add Guilty Gear characters than adding RWBY, because Guilty Gear is more popular, not to mention that they can do something about the Ragna VS Sol fan rivalry.
Just because something is more popular means nothing when the company has moved on past sprites to 3D models. It makes zero sense to take a step backwards just for the sake of an asset dump game.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#42  July 19, 2017, 01:49:42 am
    • Brazil
"Just put them in"? The sprite styles of GGX and BB/P/Fate are totally different, not to even mention the ratio of the sprites.
Read again.

Just because something is more popular means nothing when the company has moved on past sprites to 3D models. It makes zero sense to take a step backwards just for the sake of an asset dump game.
Take a step backwards? Spriting for more known characters which would make better inclusion is a step backwards in comparison to adding RWBY characters?
#43  July 19, 2017, 03:53:24 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Watched the trailer right now... ArcSys, you can take my money (again!). So freaking hyped for this one.
#44  July 19, 2017, 04:26:41 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Lord M, putting Guilty Gear characters wouldn't work in this game at all

As Hoshi said, the style and the aspect ratio are just so different it's highly improbable they would put a GG character in. Even if they did, they would have to make up to the minimum amount of representatives per their respective games (and we don't know what that number is yet).

Take a step backwards? Spriting for more known characters which would make better inclusion is a step backwards in comparison to adding RWBY characters?

Also can you please at least think twice before doing this "insert fighting game company here should have included insert characters here because I said so and I know everything there is to know about how fighting games work!" schtick of yours, you do this in pretty much any fighting game thread. Whenever the topic is about the roster and there is a character or some you don't like you make a big fuzz about it and the arguments you present really don't have that much credibility in the end.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#45  July 26, 2017, 04:52:58 am
    • USA
If you don't like the ideal of RWBY of been in this game Lord M so be it and GG was not even showing in the trailer at all they know what they chose as far as fighting games come as much I love GG why would they go though all the trouble of making GG Sprites let alone the new version of all the characters in 2D that would take a long time to draw them out in so that give you one reason why GG was not added at all your attitude show you have no respect for characters who just now making their first fighting game its cool to see a character who never been in a fighting game before.
#46  July 26, 2017, 05:13:02 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
With all the crossover appearances SNK characters have been making, I am pretty certain that Tag Battle will at least got a rep or two.

My money's on Iori and/or Athena.
#47  July 26, 2017, 06:47:06 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
idk man Terry Bogard would be pretty awesome......come to think of it he would look epic in Arc system works sprites
#48  July 26, 2017, 06:11:11 pm
If there is an SNK rep, I think it will be Nakoruru.

I know we won't get info yet about BBCTB until TGS 2017 or prior to TGS. I made this lazy sprite edit out of boredom while guessing who will be the final boss of BBCTB.

Merged Izanami (tentative name)
I dunno how she merged or what are her true goals yet (I admit, I haven't explored the lore of Under Night In-birth and RWBY, yet). Probably, she manipulated Hazama/Relius (again!), Adachi (again! but by another Izanami instead), Amnesia (UNI villains led by Hilda) and Cinder's group. And the game's story is nothing more but a four-sided chess board to her (since BBTCB is most likely an alternate BB universe).
Most likely we'll have Hazama, Hilda, Adachi and Cinder as mid-bosses. You fight two of them before the Final Boss.
Also, I might see the boss battle as a 2-phase battle (fight Merged Izanami normally, then, a Giant battle similar to BBCP Takemikazuchi and
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
(though I highly doubt a Giant boss battle in BBCTB is feasible).

(NOTE: I assume Arc Sys will have a different final boss to bring in the table for BBCTB.)

Also, I base Noel's costume in this game whether or not BBCP and BBCF characters won't be in the game.
- if Noel wears her original costume, BBCP and beyond characters (probably save for Izanami for story purposes), won't be in this game.
- if Noel wears her BBCP costume, BBCP characters, at least, will probably be in this game.

Also, I observed that "this universe's" Ragna is "grinning" in his official art.

About my sprite edit, you can freely use my sprite edit if you want.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:04:58 pm by crimson_snow
#49  July 26, 2017, 09:38:07 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Let's not actively speculate on guest characters. We barely have a "gameplay" video at this point.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#50  July 26, 2017, 10:21:23 pm
    • USA
your right hoshi about guest characters that was just the trailer.
#51  August 08, 2017, 03:46:05 pm
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/08138078.html

In an interview by Famitsu to Mori, there are some surprising tidbits about BBCTB.

Credits to Novril and BlackKite for the gathered summaries
https://twitter.com/novriltataki/status/894908361812189184
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/894868885211459585
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/894869026215665664
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/894869495264681984
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/894873074213855232

- Console Exclusive
- A completely new gameplay
- Game is inteded to be "Pad friendly"
- Story Mode will explain why everything happened.
- No Guilty Gear characters despite the heavy demand, the reason is he wants to wait for GG to finish its story first.
EDIT:
- UNI's sprites will be reworked
- Roster is partially complete, but they want fans to tell them which characters from the franchises they want.
- Target market will be outside Japan.
Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:03:39 pm by crimson_snow
#52  August 08, 2017, 06:34:29 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
- Game is inteded to be "Pad friendly"
:S
Still trying to understand what this means.  Are the source games not considered pad friendly?
Should we be expecting controls to work like stylish mode?

- UNI's sprites will be reworked
P4A sprites too probably since they didn't say that they were only reworking UNI's sprites specifically.

Another important note:
Currently no more additional franchises planned other than the current 4, but they want to expend in the future if possible.
#53  August 08, 2017, 06:51:40 pm
- Story Mode will explain why everything happened.
I personally hope there will be few original characters that leads the calvary towards the big bad.

Also gag reels are going to be nuts.

Target market will be outside Japan.
Currently no more additional franchises planned other than the current 4, but they want to expend in the future if possible.
More possibilities for a Skullgirls rep.
Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:55:24 pm by Kirishima
#54  August 08, 2017, 07:15:03 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
- No Guilty Gear characters despite the heavy demand, the reason is he wants to wait for GG to finish its story first.

Don't really see how GG's story would be any sort of hindrance to a character appearing considering the first shot in the trailer features Ragna the Bloodedge
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#55  August 08, 2017, 07:30:38 pm
Under Night's story isn't over yet the characters are in just fine and Ruby's appearence hints that the crossover takes place between Volume 2 and Volume 3.

They can have Sol's (or some GG character's) inclusion take place between Overture and Xrd and it shouldn't affect the whole story.  Alternatively, pull out the old memory wipe cliché.
#56  August 08, 2017, 07:31:35 pm
For the "pad friendly" part...

https://twitter.com/novriltataki/status/894964669634531330

He wants everyone to be able to fully experience the fun of the game, even without purchasing expensive arcade sticks and since the game has a brand new system, they hope to see all players use this opportunity where everyone starts from the same spot.

Mori wants the game to be enjoyed by non-fighters, and even fighters who cannot afford fight sticks, as well at the same time to level the playing field and start from scratch.

Under Night's story isn't over yet it's characters are in just fine and Ruby's appearence hints that the crossover takes place between Volume 2 and Volume 3.

They can have Sol's (or some GG character's) inclusion take place between Overture and Xrd and it shouldn't affect the whole story.

It may be sketchy but like Mori said before, Daisuke wants "no crossovers until the story ends". Now that Ragna's (at least) story is over, Mori can include them in crossovers from "that story" of Blazblue. Sounds weird, but it may have something to do out of respect for Daisuke.

EDIT: Still, not even at least Sol Badguy only!
Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:42:31 pm by crimson_snow
#57  August 09, 2017, 04:53:58 am
It may be sketchy but like Mori said before, Daisuke wants "no crossovers until the story ends".
Yet, Dizzy and Noel were in the Queen's Gate universe at one point and their stories were still ongoing.

Still, it's Mori's decision.
#58  August 09, 2017, 11:59:05 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I guess it has something to do with what materials they wish to use in the story , for GG case it may be because they have something to show at the end of the story and wish to have it be in the tag battle   , but choose to finish the story of GG first so it won't be a spoiler
#59  August 09, 2017, 02:45:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
It's really just a flimsy excuse to not make new sprites for the GG characters.
#60  August 09, 2017, 06:33:33 pm
I remember reading somewhere that Dasuke didn't want a Blazblue X Guilty Gear crossover either until GG's story was finished. Mori is pretty much respecting Daisuke's request. Personally, I'm fine with GG not being in the game. The 4 series that we already have are more than enough.,