YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 633333 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#61  July 16, 2017, 10:55:57 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
So why did Hokuto get renamed to her hyper from EX2+ , Shirase?
#62  July 16, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  July 17, 2017, 12:07:09 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

It's an instant preorder for me! Do want to see Blair Dame in it!

Character Backstory
■ What is Gougi?

In the past, Garuda (a being made up of the lingering grudges of powerul warriors who fell in battle) was sealed by the Hayate clan.
Although Garuda was resurrected once, thanks to the self-sacrifice of a Hayate descendant, he was sealed once again. However, feeding on the energy released during Kairi and Hokuto’s battles, Garuda was resurrected once more and became a demon that seeks out powerful souls in order to devour them. Gougi is the very embodiment of a fallen warrior’s spirit. It contains Energy, Power, Skill, and Secret Techniques.

Powerful souls can join together with Gougi to draw out new powers, but those with weak souls are unable to resist the Gougi and end up being corrupted.

■ Who is Shirase?

The true identity of “Hokuto,” once the bloodline seal placed on her was released. The illegitimate child of the Mizugami Family; to hide her real identity she took the name of Hokuto and jointed the main family. She was brainwashed at infancy and given the mission to kill Kairi, but once the spell wore off, “Hokuto” became no more.

With her final will, she sealed her younger sister Nanase’s memory, so that she could live a life as a normal girl.

■ Characters

Kairi

Backstory: Having lost his memory, he is now locked in an endless battle with other powerful warriors. Garuda has been following Kairi around the globe, feeding on the powerful spirits Kairi releases in battle. He is Nanase’s brother, and Shirase’s half-brother.

Shirase

Backstory: The true identity of the assassin Hokuto, after being freed from the sealed placed on her. With her final will, she erased Nanases’ memories in order for her to live a normal life. Having lost the ability her feel emotion, her only mission now is to kill Kairi.

Garuda

Backstory: A living corpse acting as the vessel for a countless number of powerful souls; he is made up of lingering grudes and resentment. Originally existing only to fight, in the flames of battle his sense of self became twisted and he turned into a monster that seeks to devour all other powerful souls.

Once, a great warrior sacrificed his life to seal Garuda away, but after resonating with the powerful “dark energy,” he was reborn. A descendant of the Hayate clan once sealed Garuda in his own body, but was eventually taken over and became the new vessel. With the energy released during Kairi and Shirase’s battle, Garuda was able to resurrect himself once more by feeding on the spirits of powerful warriors.

Skullomania

Backstory: After finding reemployment in a very good position, he is living a productive life as a salaryman. However, he is troubled by the fact that he has no recollection over the recent Skullomania appearances. That doubt has given birth to new powers. He has a pet dog named Pochiro.

Darun Mister

Backstory: The undefeated champion of Indora Pro Wrestling. After the God of Indora spoke to him in a dream, Darun resigned from his role as Purun’s bodyguard and made his way to Japan. He was utterly defeated by Garuda and left on the verge of death, but he was protected and saved by Gougi. He is now a man completely determined to face Garuda once again and defeat him. He is incredibly hot-blooded.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/07/arika-mysterious-fighting-game-launches-ps4-2018#EcoIZgk4WWdBUVFw.99
Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:33:17 am by videoman
#64  July 17, 2017, 12:45:04 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#65  July 17, 2017, 12:48:00 am
    • Brazil
They really need to get better sound effects. Some of them sound weird. Also, I hope to see Blair in this one.
#66  July 17, 2017, 12:54:00 am
the God of Indora
... Uh, pretty sure that should be the God Indra.
'cause http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2290863

Thank you for the lore!
Yeah, all of that came from a drama CD released back then, and Capcom was kind enough to remind us of it when they did that character encyclopedia, because probably no one listened to it :P Good thing they did because now that Arika is bringing it all back, it would have felt like a shitty fanfiction they came up with right now out of nowhere. When in reality, it was a shitty fanfiction they came up with all the way back !
(BTW there's one for both versions of Kairi a couple pages after that one)
(oh and Suijin => Mizugami I guess according to Gematsu - but then again they wrote Indora so I don't know)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:07:42 am by Byakko
#67  July 18, 2017, 12:43:52 am
  • SNK is life
Fighting Layer EX ... FLEX?
#68  July 18, 2017, 01:32:04 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
genius
#69  July 18, 2017, 04:12:14 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
#70  July 18, 2017, 04:21:21 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Yay, for Skullomania! But I don't like how his voice seems younger now. I'm glad they kept his theme/background music, too, (my favourite in the whole EX series) but it doesn't have that same feel as the original version. It doesn't hit the right emotional tone. The original felt truly like it was more from a carnival atmosphere. The new version is just a fancy-shmancy update.

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#71  July 18, 2017, 09:54:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#72  July 19, 2017, 03:58:07 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Can't wait for Pullum Purna (please Arika! :P)

But well, it seems this game will have a story/plot. Quite interesting.
#73  July 19, 2017, 09:27:47 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, it's nice to see this project is alive... But f*ck, if it's not SF EX, then at least that's something I can see Capcom's palmprint on.
Just look at Darun. He is like ripped from SFV!

Well, of course he got more detailed skin here, but hell!
#74  July 19, 2017, 09:39:40 am
Kairi and Shirase look like they come from Tekken. You know what these games have in common ? They're made with Unreal Engine 4. So yeah, it's not surprising they look similar.

DW

#75  July 19, 2017, 05:12:17 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
TBH, I don't think there's much fear of a char not making the cut. They pretty much need them all to have a complete game at this point. I guess...I could see like Allen and Area not making it. Though who cares about them.
#76  July 19, 2017, 07:50:02 pm
buying this one day one, Darun looks insane.
Edit
Ah fuck, the guy who voices Skullo is so bad, I cant believe it.
Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:04:57 am by PeXXeR
#77  July 21, 2017, 10:53:09 am
  • all is love in fair and war
nice, but seems like character has no weight, like they are fighting in low gravity or ice smooth surface.
50 minutes of Arika’s “Mysterious Fighting Game”
#78  July 22, 2017, 01:27:06 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

some new footage in HD.
#79  July 22, 2017, 03:00:28 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
hokuto, kairi, and garuda, all have the same physics, same speed, same damage, I hope that is a very early beta, because that fight was boring to watch.

very nice visual, better than sfv even.
#80  July 22, 2017, 10:30:19 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I remember making a thread about a video game idea with only the Ex characters  called it : Street Fighter Original generation

well seems like It's happening after all

wonder who well be the last boss , maybe the guy from fighting layer or hopefully  a new character