YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 609249 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#1721  July 15, 2017, 05:09:04 pm
So Kamen Rider Build reveals...
http://www.jefusion.com/2017/07/kamen-rider-build-first-look-at-build.html
http://www.jefusion.com/2017/07/kamen-rider-build-catalog-cover-unveils.html
http://www.jefusion.com/2017/07/kamen-rider-build-kamen-rider-build-key.html
A combination of two half forms just like W, with an animal and some sort of tool.
Build will transform with the Build Driver. The gimmick is still bottles called Full Bottles. They go by pair to create a Rider’s form. Build’s base form is Rabbit Tank Form.
The others are : Gorilla Mond (for diamond), Hawk Gatling, Ninnin Comic, Rocket Panda, Fire Hedgehog, Lion Cleaner, Key Dragon, Kaizoku Ressha (pirate train) and Octopus Light.
... because why the fuck not (lol pirate train). At least it should be better than lame ass gamer designs, by looks alone it feels somewhere between W and OOO which is all good, so I might not skip that one !
(and I'm glad it doesn't have the Super Sentai-like mouth design on the helmet like some rough sketches claimed)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:15:25 pm by Byakko
#1722  July 15, 2017, 07:01:55 pm
    • France
The overall design is pretty cool, looks pretty sleek, so I hope the show itself will be nice.
Speaking of which, Ex-Aid is doing so good... And it looked so goofy at first, and had such a rough 1st episode, I see a lot of praise for it overall too.
It's still not over yet so it can still miss the landing, but it has been very consistent so far.
#1723  July 16, 2017, 04:20:57 am
that's a cool design, i always like simple designs like that
#1724  July 20, 2017, 09:08:18 am
#1725  September 03, 2017, 12:59:32 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1726  September 03, 2017, 02:17:04 pm
i prefer the climax series than the musou one.
#1727  September 09, 2017, 10:22:35 pm
(not posting this in the gaming section since I'm not sure anyone outside of this thread would care, might change if this turns out to be a legit decent fighting game more than the PSP Climax games)
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-first-trailer-details-screenshots
Gameplay footage and a bunch of details (well, not really anything interesting but a lot of text).
Just the main Riders of all the Heisei series (that's a bit short, I'm hoping for a few extras but if they go wild with the transformations it's probably too much to expect them to make so many models, I see Kuuga go blue so it seems everyone will have everything which is insane) edit - oh wait... has it already been 19 series ? Okay, that's not so bad.
1v1, 2v2, local or online for both modes, the video also mentions battle royal, not bad
stages have obstacles
Amazon from the modern Amazons series doesn't seem to be in it, that's a shame. Although it's probably because they don't really want kids to discover it.
Also, musics, because of course they always put a big emphasize on musics for some reason.
Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:32:29 pm by Byakko
#1728  September 09, 2017, 11:02:30 pm
    • Argentina
seeing the trailer it a bit like the gundamvs series
#1729  September 12, 2017, 10:32:46 am
Looks Great. That reminds me, I still have to watch Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Chou Super Hero Taisen. Did anyone watch it yet?
#1730  September 25, 2017, 04:36:31 pm
#1731  October 16, 2017, 06:22:16 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
so either no one is watchign or no one is interested in talking about it (at least here) but i'm liking build more than i was expecting.

i just started watching it because it was starting and i was curious to get back into kamen rider after being dissapointed by drive and not being interested in either ghost and even less in ex-aid.

the fights are too toy-gimmicky for my taste (and i don't quite like most forms besides rabbit/tank and ninja/comic) but the plot is quite interesting and always leave me want to check the next episode for more. plus, i like the characters and the supporting cast is not just there for awful comedy-relief and help people evacuate when the fights starts and actually offer some... well, support.
#1732  October 16, 2017, 03:57:40 pm
    • France
I agree, so far, Build is pretty interesting.
The toys don't really bother me because I've come to expect this (particularly early on where recent series are almost one new form per episode). The characters and the plot are where Build shines so far. The pacing is actually pretty fast (I just hope it will leave some plot for later episodes) and the supporting cast is also decent if not endearing.
In fact, the comedy in Build is probably one of the best I've seen in recent Kamen Rider so far? There's no numerous face close ups or the cast yelling for extended sequences, it's often just *there*. Something funny happens while the characters are doing other stuff, it's there, you see it, then it moves on.
#1733  October 16, 2017, 04:07:55 pm
I'm a bit jaded by all the toys (especially that dumb crank belt that makes transformations too slow) but yeah, I agree with both of the above posts. Decent designs, comedy, fights, plot, characters...
#1734  November 22, 2017, 04:03:35 pm
I was able to watch Kamen Rider X Super Sentai Chou Super Hero Taisen.

Doctor Hiiro Kagami only operates willing patients that wants to recover but, Eight Kirino doesn't want it as he does not see the point. That bond between doctor and patient is cliche. Eight's escape from The Real World to The Gaming World was atleast a new twist. It becomes cliche again when doctor Hiiro changes his mind and searchs for Eight in The Gaming World.

It was a Good Movie no matter what.

#1735  November 22, 2017, 09:17:30 pm
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-adds-kamen-rider-black
Oh wow, Climax Fighters added the secondary Riders after all (I don't see Gatack and Kaixa though :( ), but now they're even adding Showa Riders. I'll take it ! Text near the end says there are 28 Riders total and Black is the 28th. I first thought they would stop early but it looks like they're going far enough, as usual we'll definitely get a bunch more as DLC.
Oh, and some local battle royal gameplay in the middle of a long video.
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:22:56 pm by Byakko
#1736  November 22, 2017, 10:50:01 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
I was just pleased that my boy Meteor from Fourze made it in.
#1737  December 03, 2017, 07:17:56 pm
#1738  January 03, 2018, 12:13:58 am
No one is watching Build?
#1739  January 03, 2018, 12:38:42 am
I do.
The last couple of reveals were pretty well timed, nice double punch.
#1740  August 03, 2018, 11:06:36 pm
http://www.jefusion.com/2018/08/toei-releases-1st-visual-teaser-for.html
Oh hey, with emperor Akihito abdicating next April, Kamen Rider is actually banking on this "end of an era" approach to ZI-O as the end of the Heisei generation. Maybe that'll force them next year to not just do another movie that throws everyone against everyone, despite the heavy requirement of fanservice.