YesNoOk

SANGRE DIVINA | ANUBIS VS SUN WUKONG DEMO | UPDATED 27/9/2017 (Read 13794 times)

Started by c00p, July 24, 2017, 01:30:12 am
Share this topic:
SANGRE DIVINA | ANUBIS VS SUN WUKONG DEMO | UPDATED 27/9/2017
#1  July 24, 2017, 01:30:12 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
UPDATED 27/9/2017

-upgraded hitsparks
-added special effects
-added charge up move - down, down
-improved AI
-improved general timings and 'feel'
-added special bar
-general aesthetic tweaks
-evading now eats up 10% of special bar
-slow motion eats up 50% of the special bar, but does not have minimun requeriments to be performed

Hello old friends, I would like to release here in the guild my latest creation, even though it's not exactly mugen - it's 2d FMK- but I trust you can imagine it's a moleboxed mugen or something and give it a try anyway. I tought about opening the thread in other section/s, but neither had the 'release' feel that I wanted this to have - mods, move the thread if needed-.

Anyway, I made the sprites and coded the demo of this -still in early development- game. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to give any kind of feedback, regarding the moves, sprites, timing, bad translations ... Animations WILL be improved, and a couple more moves will be added for this two chars.

I hope to be able to reach 4 playable characters before a massive release takes place, but in the meantime, please share as much and as far as you can  ;)

Some images and a little video:

DOWNLOAD MEGA

official webpage -so far only in spanish- sangredivina.com.ar

FAQ: Can I turn this into a mugenz?
FAA: yeah, as long as you give proper credit and link to the webpage or youtube channel/fb/guild thread/whatevs

Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:12:55 am by c00p
Re: SANGRE DIVINA | ANUBIS VS SUN WUKONG DEMO
#2  July 24, 2017, 01:36:49 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Really like the art style
Will be sure to give it a try
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  July 24, 2017, 07:49:54 am
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
A-am-zing!
Congrat's

just one point: mega is a pain hosting.  Would it be possible to have an alt. dl link?
#4  July 24, 2017, 03:30:22 pm
    • Argentina
edited first post and added an alt dl  :goi:
#5  July 24, 2017, 03:55:02 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#6  July 28, 2017, 12:52:11 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
While the game is rough, with odd gameplay and iffy art, you have no idea how so damn refreshing it is to see something this creative here. Well fucking done man, seriously
#7  July 28, 2017, 05:58:44 pm
    • Argentina
thanks for the compliment ... yes, I know the animations ain't perfect yet, but I had a tight scheudle to stick to and many sprites were rushed -there's little to none subpixel animation for example- but as I said, it WILL be improved, think of it as placeholders or structure

regarding the gameplay, I intended to throw away all the established and rigid layouts and mechanics, I tried keep things simple and use as little buttons as possible, but I also wanted the full range of movements/decisions to be available. the no-lifebar thing is another aspect of the experimental road I followed
#8  July 28, 2017, 10:38:33 pm
    • UK
Whilst being experimental is refreshing, the no lifebar thing can't stay. Trust me, no ones gonna say 'The game adds a whole new level of strategy as you can't see your health bar'. Experimenting is awesome, but thats like testing what would happen if you pissed off a rhino whilst on its horn. No disrespect intended
#9  July 29, 2017, 03:16:50 am
    • Argentina
lol, you can turn it on of course, it's just off by default ... I take it you haven't actually tested it :/
#10  July 29, 2017, 04:22:00 am
    • UK
I have tested it thank you and to be frank it feels awful
It feels like actual fights would play and feel less like this

and more like this

The lifebar is one thing but its another that the game outright doesn't feel very good to play. In disregarding standards for fighting games, its lost most of the appeal of fighting games. Players like options yes, but they also like the thrill of facing against an opponent with different tools to theirs and working around them. Don't misunderstand me, theres only a few character and thus theres only so much you can ask, but i shouldn't see characters and not care at all about who i pick due to their indistinguishably similar movesets. It also doesn't help that you can mash the dodge button and be literally invincible forever. Try as it might, the ai chucked specials at me, attacked at a meaty-esque time, even fired a super at me, and by just pressing one button it was all as efficient as a stormtroopers aim. It doesn't feel like any other fighting game but that isn't a good thing
#11  July 29, 2017, 04:37:16 am
    • Argentina
didn't get the gif thing, maybe there was another gif and it aint't loading? anyway thanks for the feedback
#12  July 29, 2017, 04:45:53 am
    • UK
Sorry i'll explain myself there
Theres a certain rhythm that fighting games have, determined by many things. Movement speed, air options if any, hit and blockstun, etc. Even bad fighting games have a sort of rhythm, Darkstalkers is fast and frantic, characters can be constantly moving and weaving on the screen, SF3 is condensed and aggressive, as the pace can flip at a moments notice, KOF has a feeling of weight that not many fighting games have, SFV is like crawling through mud etc. This game doesn't really have one, it just feels erratic and somewhat unpleasant. I know its early and by every stretch of the imagination i wish you luck but then actual gameplay could learn a thing or two from notable fighters. I suggest SF3;3S to look up, mostly because of its exemplary nature, and how well documented it is in pretty much any aspect you could possibly be curious about.
#13  July 29, 2017, 04:51:33 am
    • Argentina
thanks for taking the time for testing and for the specification, will have those points in mind
#14  July 29, 2017, 11:08:48 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I really like the concept of this,Mythological being in  a fightining game is a pretty cool concept I would really like to see Avalokiteśvara in this(I know its not possible to have 1000 arms scretching but I'm imagining how cool it would be)
Re: SANGRE DIVINA | ANUBIS VS SUN WUKONG DEMO | UPDATED 27/9/2017
#15  August 28, 2017, 04:09:45 am
    • Argentina
updated the demo, edited first post with changes  :)