YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1485805 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#921  July 30, 2017, 10:23:01 pm
    • USA
You dont have to configure anything. It's chain combos plus, the tag system. Nothing was changed. Some people prefer dial a combos, some don't. It's preference. As for the no combos, try Shiyo's build. It will show you otherwise, watch my videos, will show you otherwise.
#922  July 30, 2017, 10:27:21 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
So that's the UNO tag system???

How do i configure it to operate like that?
Select Type-R system before patching your characters.

Chain combos with that tag system is broken, but that's just my opinion. It's more so for those who prefer easy combos. I should add, add004, as I've been doing can be fully customized, you could then, as I do adjust characters towards that, uno is less complicated and easier to use. I can agree that it's Sony Vegas to windows movie maker.

Kinda agree on the chain combo broken part, the game boils down to ( if you play with your friends that is) who can get the first combo going and do the most damage. Im not gonna lie though, its cool as hell to watch.
That's the thing with these chars though, you have to use the chains, cause the normals are untouched, they have no comboability otherwise.

Not a fan of those chain combos too,i just used this one as a example because i don't know any other cool combo video using Uno's system.

Lasagna
#923  July 30, 2017, 10:36:00 pm
That was not aimed at your stuff but imma throw something out there. This was more for the chars I tried from that video.
case and point, your take on POTS/Mwrly Ryu bro, I cant do a CLP,CLK , EX Tatsu with the chains  off.
https://vimeo.com/227646569

POTS/Mwlry Ryu example.
https://vid.me/aKjS

I've seen your videos as well, well the Terry one, THIS IS BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS ! I HAVE NOT USED THE CHAR.
That Terry seems to be doing some weird stuff, chaining MP to HP for 3 or 4 hits, that screams chains = 1 to me. also thats not how terry's double punch works, and that just the top of it, its no biggie, use what you want, play what you like.
Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:53:37 pm by PeXXeR
#924  July 30, 2017, 10:41:06 pm
    • USA
Yeah I wasn't talking about the tag-system itself. If you really wanted to with chains & that tag system you can easily touch of death. It's the actual canceling aspect, you can always tweak it though. As for the video, the character is a bit dated anything from MA is just a heads up.
As for the Terry stuff, its from XIV revised. There is difference between chains & target combos. Also you just said that isn't how his double punch works, watch the video. I've researched every single game before I do anything. In XIV what is it? HP to F+HP? I simply altered it in reverse to work with MP instead to fit the control scheme. It's his far HP in cvs kof changes it to a command normal.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:54:49 pm by ReixSeiryu
#925  July 30, 2017, 11:09:23 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
IMO I see the appeal in UNO tag, but the tagging is brain-dead, you can do it out of everything with those jumpins, here it takes more strategy.
I get what you're saying, but i think that UNO's is more fair overall, only some characters can explore ADD004's tag switch in a pratical way, and some will not use it at all, also UNO's feels really good to perform and watch, example:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO1XVM59oD0[/youtube]

Damn, I didn't know my vid was going to end up in there haha.
Well, I kinda used to chains to make the video look good (And because I love chains combos in general.)

But uhm yeah, Rei's kinda right. Add004 is way more 'complex' than UnoShe.
I still love the shit outta UnoShe as well, that's why I'm still using it on certain Mugens.
#926  July 30, 2017, 11:15:08 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Chains are awesome as long as they don't get ridiculous as MVC3 which was a catastrophy,once opponent pulls sth you can't do anything,just add Combo Breaker to characters if you want chain,or code sth to make it way less ridiculous
#927  July 30, 2017, 11:21:16 pm
I actually have a seprete build and I have integrated the tag system, but it makes me wanna do even more, that I dont have the knowladge to do, its cool as hell, once you get it all working properly ( which I have not done  yet)
And its annoying as hell to get it to work on mugen with the patches ( I dont trust them at all, the 4v4 stuff etc)
On Ikemen, its a must though. Its a miracle what tatsu did.
Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:24:17 pm by PeXXeR
#928  July 30, 2017, 11:25:55 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Chains are awesome as long as they don't get ridiculous as MVC3 which was a catastrophy,once opponent pulls sth you can't do anything,just add Combo Breaker to characters if you want chain,or code sth to make it way less ridiculous

Nah it's not Marvel vs Capcom chains level, lol.
But I kinda like Mugen when it's fast as fuck, only that.

It's funny because when it comes to fighting game, I usually am a slow guy.
Like in Street Fighter, I really am patient, but ay.
It's freaking Mugen.
#929  July 30, 2017, 11:44:06 pm
I dont like chains at all,( well I did in SFA) I dont like the VS series as well, but I fully understand why people like them.
Seeing these CVS inspired chars, with chains and custom combo, I feel its a waste, if they have chains already, its like 60% of the excel benefit, It would be better for them to have max mode.

I've had some weird stuff happening with both Uno and add004(or maybe its cause of them 3vs3,4vs4 patches)
Like chars flying off the screen and stuff, tbh I blame this on myself though.
#930  July 31, 2017, 12:21:39 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
I dont like chains at all,( well I did in SFA) I dont like the VS series as well, but I fully understand why people like them.
Seeing these CVS inspired chars, with chains and custom combo, I feel its a waste, if they have chains already, its like 60% of the excel benefit, It would be better for them to have max mode.

I've had some weird stuff happening with both Uno and add004(or maybe its cause of them 3vs3,4vs4 patches)
Like chars flying off the screen and stuff, tbh I blame this on myself though.

You do know CVS2 also had an option where you could add chain combos, right?
It's quite popular tbh.
But ay, if you say it's a waste I respect that.
Opinions.
#931  July 31, 2017, 12:45:26 am
I know, but its kinda cheating tbh,(we considerd it cheating xD) from all the people I played from back in the day no one used it. I dont think CVS2 is a good example though its all fine I know why people like them, and I am not gonna deny, its fun as hell, but its not for me tbh.  You said yourself bro, its all opinions. :)
Its actually awesome to have the option ready to go.
Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:52:59 am by PeXXeR
#932  August 05, 2017, 05:29:18 am
Am I just a big dummy or does the newest release not include the add004pie.exe?  I keep getting the "Needs Update!" message using my current add004pie.exe patcher.
#933  August 05, 2017, 07:33:48 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Yes that's right. It doesn't come with the patcher. What has changed is the common1.cns and changes in the lifebars. You would have to repatch them with your existing .exe
#934  August 05, 2017, 02:27:48 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
For the people that doesn't follow Shiyo's YT Channel, he posted some new vids.
#935  August 05, 2017, 02:55:01 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Everytime i watch these videos i keep trying to figure if there's a hint for some future update.

PS: I love how Tatsu characters play.
Lasagna
#936  August 07, 2017, 08:30:59 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I know a lot people figured this system but I have been thinking about making tutorials about this for newcomers if they want  to use them.
#937  August 07, 2017, 08:49:28 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I thought I had this figured out, but "NEED UPDATES" and weird Add004 specific crashes are happening. A guide would help greatly.
#938  August 07, 2017, 09:07:20 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Ok and by the way uncomment to disable is now "comment to disable"
#939  August 12, 2017, 12:35:01 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I do have a question,

I use the localcoord 427,240 on my characters and my stages.

If I do not add the localcord to the stages but I add it to the characters, I can get the water effect for water stages, but if i add the localcoord to my stages, the effect goes away, is there a certain code in the common1 that would help it be more universal with the localcoords?

gonna plug this in here again, just in case anyone can help me with this :)
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#940  August 12, 2017, 12:50:45 am
    • USA
Look for this, but yours should be similar
;---
;>>sys::stage_type_set
;;>>@Config.Stage_Type>>
; stage type: ( 0: normal 1: water... )
[state 0] ;[.04]
   type=varset
   triggerall=!time && (var(7)&16384) ;; system_switch
   ;;--- vWin
;vWin;   trigger1=abs(root,pos x/fvar(0))=73 || abs(root,p2dist x/fvar(0))=146
   ;;--- v1.x / ikemen
   trigger1=stagevar(info.author)="WATER" ;;(v1.0)
   var(24)=1

Need Updates. Your common does not match with your characters patching. Usually this means you aren't restoring, but patching over a pre ver. Restore and update your common1
Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:55:42 am by ReixSeiryu