YesNoOk

KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series) (Read 185321 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, June 19, 2017, 11:00:30 am
Share this topic:
KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series)
#1  June 19, 2017, 11:00:30 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Trailer

Presenting a brand new CG Anime series for the world-renowned fighting game series, THE KING OF FIGHTERS! The story centers on iconic KOF characters such as Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Geese Howard, and Ryo Sakazaki! Many voice actors from the game series also reprise their roles! Experience the epic KOF storyline as never before with this new CG anime! Releasing this summer with a total of 24 episodes planned!

I can't remember where I saw this posted before, but I figured since SNK finally posted the subbed trailer today I may as well start a thread.
I like how its called KOF Destiny, but seems to follow the Fatal Fury storyline more... (and yes I know the first Fatal Fury was subtitled the King of Fighters, but this trailer shows Kyo and mentions the Orochi)

Re: KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series)
#2  June 19, 2017, 11:24:39 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  July 18, 2017, 03:50:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Boobs
#4  July 18, 2017, 03:52:54 pm
Lol, classic game-style intro, not bad.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  July 18, 2017, 04:33:25 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
What the actual fuck they did to Billy?!! It doesn't even look like him at all!
Lasagna
#6  July 18, 2017, 04:38:11 pm
We've known that since the Pachinko game. It's a done deal.
KOF Destiny Episode 1 is out on Steam
#7  August 04, 2017, 06:36:30 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
#8  August 04, 2017, 07:26:54 pm
Geese is always fun at parties.
#9  August 04, 2017, 11:06:57 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
A little too much slapstick IMO

Also the idea that Geese just walks around town in the hakama is hilarious but I get that they probably didn't want to build a Young Geese model for one scene
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#10  August 05, 2017, 11:05:49 am
    • Germany
The Animation looks like from an older Tekken Cutscene, but I can live with that, it was interessting so far, and I loved it to hear some classic KoF Music in the opening and closing credits, but I was a little bit surprised by some things like Benimaru's behavior, or that Jeff Bogart would apparently carry round the Scroll all the time.
Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:10:20 am by Lichtbringer
#11  August 05, 2017, 08:10:39 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Watched the first free episode.
CGI looks bad... Like it´s not done or something. The faces look lifeless, like dolls.
No lip synch with the jap. voice work.

Not my cup of tea.
#12  August 05, 2017, 08:24:01 pm
    • USA
I also think trying to work the Fatal Fury 1 storyline into things is a mistake since that's involved enough to have its own anime
This time
This time
#13  August 05, 2017, 09:01:35 pm
It feels to me like they're going to try and link the scrolls with introducing Orochi instead of just being the current game's macguffin with no background. It's the only real way to make the FF and KoF storylines actually connect instead of everyone just being there, considering they already mentioned yet skipped the FF games being the original King of Fighters tournaments.
#14  August 05, 2017, 09:09:35 pm
    • USA
I'm just really iffy on it because it has to end with Terry punching Geese out of a building (and I guess running off with his kid since I saw Rock listed in the credits) and unless Geese is the guy running this particular tournament that's going to be a real weird aside to the story
This time
This time
#15  August 05, 2017, 09:35:29 pm
Maybe Geese already fell off, and we'll see him both in flashbacks for the previous tournaments (I felt the sudden jump to random flashback was weird btw) and maybe a bit in the parts leading up to Rugal, but without being directly involved in the tournament (assuming KoF timeline instead of FF, where he doesn't actually die from the fall). We're already pretty sure that this tournament is held by Rugal anyway (R stamp seal in the intro and the letter the Kusanagis received has the same red stamp seal although we don't see its front).
#16  August 05, 2017, 10:16:00 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
His appearance is confirmed anyway and he has no reason to appear if he's not running the tournament.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#17  August 05, 2017, 11:39:41 pm
    • Germany
The King of Fighters timeline was always a separate timeline that mixed everything together, Geese can still appear even if Rugal is the current host, it is probably like in KoF 96 where Geese was also still alive.

Terry can still power geyser him out of his Tower at a later Point after the tournament.
Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:45:53 pm by Lichtbringer
#18  August 06, 2017, 01:38:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no need to, geese keeps on sending teams to kof behind the scenes all the time, he does not need to be a boss, organizer or even participate.
#19  August 06, 2017, 01:54:38 am
Yeah, in the KoF timeline he doesn't need to be an active player, I expect him to serve as only the big bad in the flashbacks for the Bogard subplot and beyond that just an exposition mechanism for the scrolls and introducing Orochi, then maybe as a random wall to take down because of his strength but without any impact on the "present day" Rugal arc.
Although if they want to give Terry a reason to be in KoF, they might still have Geese still pursue Orochi on his own, but still be contained in his own relationship with Terry and have no effect on the plot. As in, Terry would serve to cockblock him from obtaining the power of Orochi while resolving his own story.
Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:59:20 am by Byakko
#20  August 10, 2017, 08:40:32 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
So SNK released the episodes on youtube
Episode 1

Episode 2