YesNoOk

Game Screenshots - Post game names! (Read 1158886 times)

Started by Jellyball, October 13, 2007, 12:11:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Game Screenshots - Post game names!
#4941  August 15, 2017, 12:25:30 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Sonic Mania

GOTY.
#4942  August 16, 2017, 05:25:14 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Dream Daddy

Aww yiss.  Time to romance some hot single dads.
#4943  August 18, 2017, 02:03:49 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/

American Truck Simulator, waiting patiently for New Mexico. In other news managed a decent park on a controller.
#4944  August 18, 2017, 09:43:37 pm
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
Guxt
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#4945  August 19, 2017, 03:38:36 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The most powerful mobile suit,I am so getting rid of the Epyon for BALL
Granted I don't know if I'm even allowed to make fun of it considering I really like the fucking Gyan

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 [PS2]
Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:55:57 am by Erroratu
#4946  August 31, 2017, 11:50:01 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
C'mon, Loran is great. I'd get with him. (also give the Turn A the overdrive skill, its hilarious)
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#4947  September 03, 2017, 12:45:19 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't have the license for it yet,I'm leveling Glemi Toto now cause his name is funny and his winquotes are nice
He's piloting the Qubeley cause I dont even have a completed Bawoo
Also I'm kinda dissapointed in the lack of more Gundam Wing stuff in DWG2 tbh,Heero and Milliardo are the only characters there
And ye Loran is great but I dont appreaciate him obliterating my fragile heterosexuality thank
Also screenshots

Almost done with my 3rd run of this game,already started a new character on the side
After playing DS1 I really thought I'd never be able to get into this series but I'm glad I got proven wrong

Dark Souls 2 SOTFS
#4948  September 13, 2017, 02:23:26 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
You should eventually get an email from Dianna asking for your help which'll unlock a chain of missions that eventually let you get the Turn A license. I was gonna say "Play that The Lost DLC mission" but that's not on PS2 so

Also DWG 3 adds Duo, Trowa and Treize, so that's Wing sorted, I think.
#4949  September 25, 2017, 09:45:55 pm
    • USA
Hiveswap

Gods, I didn't realize how much I've missed Homestuck.
#4950  October 02, 2017, 10:08:48 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

My dad beat me up so I arrested him

Verdict Guilty
#4951  October 02, 2017, 10:21:38 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Typical indie fighters. You lose if you win?
#4952  October 13, 2017, 04:09:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Civilization VI.

So guess who just decided to get into mods for this game?  I'm kind of disappointed at the selection people went for, though.  The other historical nations are cool for sure, but the large majority of the rest is all anime I'm not even vaguely familiar with. (Of course, then here I am with Hatsune Miku of all things, so glass houses and whatnot)

I'm suddenly tempted to make, like, Mortal Kombat's Outworld or The Land of Ooo or something else just to bring some diversity.
#4953  October 14, 2017, 06:18:07 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Did someone at least make Zeon?
#4954  October 15, 2017, 12:08:58 am
    • USA
Gundam's, presumably?  Sadly, no.  It's more stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Spice and Wolf.  Moe stuff.

The most in-depth mod I've encountered yet seems to be a Dark Souls one, which they go the extra mile not just throwing a couple of renders of pictures in and walls of text, but also getting themed music for different actions and swapping all the models out for tiny version of the models of the player/enemies from Dark Souls.  It's really freaking cool, especially if you are a Dark Souls fan.  But it seems to be alone amongst the mods out there.

I am considering how hard it would be to make something for this game to mix things up a little, honestly.  I'm thinking the Shinra Electric Power Company, the Gem Homeworld or the Eggman Empire.
#4955  October 17, 2017, 06:43:14 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Booo., Wake me up when someone's made a Zeon faction with Gihren Zabi as leader.
#4956  October 28, 2017, 12:42:15 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Super Mario Odyssey

Lit AF!
#4957  November 07, 2017, 04:43:36 am
    • USA

Steven Universe: Save the Light

It's Paper Mario, but with the anime references the show thrives on.  And I adore it to death.  But it's not Nintendo-levels of polish, if you try to you can manipulate the battlefield before commencing combat to break the enemy A.I., like by placing metal blocks in their path with Peridot.  But more troubling, you can interrupt your own characters resetting themselves on the field by blocking them with stuff that shouldn't be there, which locks the game in a standby phase between turns and you'll have to restart.

While indeed an annoying bug, resetting also saves everything you did prior to getting stuck in that fight, so it's not the end of the world, and it seems simple enough to fix.  Right now, anything new Steven Universe is great.  I'm enjoying it.  Separated from it being SU, it's still a totally adorable Paper Mario-like RPG like Thousand Year Door, and that's just phenomenal.  And I enjoy this stylized art style thing they got going on, very different from the actual show's.

Spoiler: Also, there's heartbreak (click to see content)
#4958  November 15, 2017, 02:23:46 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
But would someone who's never watched SU nor know anything about it like me (besides "ARMREST IS PURPLE") be able to enjoy it

because god damn that art style is fantastic
#4959  November 15, 2017, 04:28:08 am
    • USA
Hmm...I'm not sure it would gel so well.  You'd be able to play it for the RPG mechanics alone, but it is third-party Paper Mario clone, not an actual new Paper Mario and thus not to that degree of polish, as said before.  The game is the company's first venture outside of a phone app.  I feel the combat was not as deep, but it has a neat friendship meter that Paper Mario lacks that the closer your teammates get to each other by helping each other, they unlock special combination attacks.  Or create a Fusion, which is a big deal within the show.  It swaps out the two characters for a single better one, restoring them back to normal at the end, of course.

The world's impact plays so much deeper if you follow the show, otherwise locales such as going through Beach City, Bismuth's Forge, the Strawberry Battlefield, they probably would look pretty but not mean much as they don't offer a whole lot new to each locale, as the game is canon to the overarching lore but can't really be reflected in the show for people who don't play the game.  And the game's story isn't the usual tearjerker the show is known for, just resolving what happened after the initial phone game this was based off of and making use of the orange commander from this flashback.  I suppose you'll get a laugh or two out of the dialogue, though.

The game is really designed from the bottom up for the hardcore fans dying for something new, it being a game coming second, is how I guess I would summarize it.  Of course, I would highly suggest watching the show beforehand, but if you just want to ignore everything going on and enjoy the pastels, it is also very pretty to watch in action.
Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:39:10 am by Long John Killer
#4960  November 18, 2017, 11:11:45 pm
    • USA
The result of spending a lot of time trying to make a character in Sonic Forces that isn't terrible:

The result of spending less than 30 seconds trying to make a nightmare:

Spoiler: Original the Joke (click to see content)