YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 176001 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#41  June 02, 2017, 08:31:26 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yeah, I could think of adding a second set for the remaining moves.

On another way, the only stuff left were the elemental mines, the ligthning spark, the sight and homing bombs from Wily War hyper, and the "Blue & Purple-ish" effects like Skull Cannon and the new grab move - as the last two are straight based on MM8, I could give an excuse to emphatyse the backstory a bit and say they don't really need color variants as a result of originating from the Evil Energy.

I made the possible to ensure a palette spot for everything else not mentioned (besides MvC system fx), so in a way, he can still have a cool palette index that cover a lot of his energy attacks, and still use the more simple palette ordering from SFFv1.

So yeah, I'm pretty much stuck between using the old .act files, or dealing with the new color system from 1.0 and so on. :???:
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#42  June 02, 2017, 09:44:14 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you need to use SFFv2 in order to use the RemapPal controller.  I'm not sure what other pros and cons there are. SFFv2 worked out very well for my project.

And the Palette ordering should still be simple in SFFv2, it's just that the pals are all embedded, so you just rearrange the indexes in the FF3 editor instead of renaming .ACT files.

Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily's mad palettes
#43  June 18, 2017, 06:23:05 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Jeez, making a palette index can be quite painful - but the results are worthwhile:

So yeah, just making sure the Doctor has some cool references in the alternate pals. (one of them is even inspired by that Famicom board game)

And as mad as I'm going with this, I could already list what could be the overall 12 palettes. But if someone is feeling brave enough to color this guy, here's the definitive palette template:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Palettes aside, I think the only main thing missing at this point is the final K.O animation - you see I'm really engaged to achieve at least this detail.
Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:41:18 pm by N. The Silver
#44  June 24, 2017, 05:36:17 am
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
This char looks amazing Silver! really looking foward to add it to my roster

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#45  August 11, 2017, 04:23:02 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Implemented the final K.O animation, and started working on his flying intro - now I'm thinking wether the small UFO part shall be universal, or just in pre-determined (open sky) stages :thinking:;

With these, it's safe to say this project is coming close to completion. :) 

Maybe gotta do a few tweaks on the palettes. If you want to know their general look right now here's a basic preview:

Spoiler: References Ahead (click to see content)
#46  August 12, 2017, 12:42:58 am
nice work
#47  August 12, 2017, 03:35:34 am
Fuck yes, Dr. Wahwee is looking great, I'll have to take a crack at some pals for him.
#48  August 12, 2017, 03:26:38 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Nice Work Bro! Keep it up! I'll find some time to make a pal for him, it looks challenging. ;D
#49  August 12, 2017, 05:00:56 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks for the support, guys :sugoi:

Sure, if you end up taking the challenge to work with dat crazy index I'll certainly add it to the palettes folder - and depending on it's badassness level it can even be on the main row of pals.

@davismaximus: You have plans to update your Wily Fortress stage? Just asking cuz I may release a small patch down the line, so the gate opens up right at the start of the round.
Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:29:23 pm by NDSilva
#50  August 14, 2017, 01:39:41 am
I completely forgot to take a look at the stage, I'll poke around and see if I can figure out that coding mess I made, lol.
#51  August 16, 2017, 12:26:41 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@davismaximus:
Lol, I actualy managed to adapt the stage myself - just adjusted the timings for the gate - so you don't need to look at the code again if you don't want to. :tongue3:

This is how Wily acts when fighting in the flying fortress stage by Davismaximus. This intro shows up more often in this stage than the other two;

Hey bro, what's your thoughts concerning the camera movement? It's better to lock it vertically or just let it moving normally?
Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:56:32 am by NDSilva
#52  August 16, 2017, 04:12:20 am
I think the locked camera looks better.  Thanks for saving me the headache BTW, lol.

Here's an attempt at a squanchtastic palette, from one mad scientist to another:

Edit: Updated Rick pal and added Car Morty variant
Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:45:38 am by davismaximus

lui

#53  August 16, 2017, 04:21:07 am
    • USA
I think the reference would be better if the ufo was colored in the same colors as the car morty turns into
#54  August 16, 2017, 04:27:30 am
I was going off Rick's actual spaceship, but I could make an alternate pal with Car Morty.
#55  August 18, 2017, 05:50:50 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yay, that's badass. I was secretly hoping that someone would come up with a Rick palette :ninja:

I'm with a little dilemma now. It's known that one of the special traits of Dr. Wily is the ability to create a huge ton of minions to reach his plans, and while doing a fan project I feel I should implement something to represent that. Something that always seems like a cool thought is the idea of making something close to the MvC assists system (can call them in a set amount of times for each match).

I could already sketch some cool ideas to go as Wily's assists, but that would take a quite amount of time to be truly accomplished for spriting reasons. So, my dilemma was between to hold the project until I get a reasonable set of sprites to make a consistent job, or to achieve all this as an update, some time after the first release. But just today this third option popped up:

What if I take the "cheap" route and make Dr. Wily minions going full-nostalgia and show up as their 8-bit counterparts? They could as well be sorta "robotic ilusions" if you think some crazy backstory has to be added. A quick mockup to show how the main candidates for the assists could appear:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So yeah, I'm considering any feedback from you folks regarding the last part of the project. If no one manifests, I will be inclined to take the 8-bit scheme before heading to the Doctah's 1st public release. :laugh:
#56  August 18, 2017, 06:35:06 am
  • Just living life one post at a time
    • USA
I think it's a really cool idea

It can showcase all the nostalgic bosses and references to that all robot master from Mega Man 2 onward are Wily's.
#57  August 18, 2017, 06:41:32 am
kinda classes a bit
#58  August 18, 2017, 07:43:45 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I think that would be really neat, giving the fact he was the creator of some of the robots. Also, with the new megaman anniversary game being release soon.
#59  August 18, 2017, 05:54:37 pm
  • I love the Air combos!!
    • USA
    • brodneyflue@yahoo.com
To give my two-cents, I think that the assists are kind-of unneeded. I would choose to release a pubic beta first, before adding assists in.
To give time to fix any balancing problems.
#60  August 19, 2017, 06:14:56 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I don't liked it.

8 bit sprites is not good looking with Willy Sprites.