YesNoOk

Perfect WiFi Router (Read 54225 times)

Started by Predictabo, September 09, 2017, 11:54:44 pm
Share this topic:
Perfect WiFi Router
#1  September 09, 2017, 11:54:44 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
Guys, I need your help. I just can't take it anymore. I have the standard Comcast modem that they give you. The speeds are garbage as hell on my PS4. I can barely play today because it's so ass. I'm not paying $155/month for 5.7mbps/22.8kbps down and up. What router/modem do you recommend? I'm clearly a noob in this area and your help would greatly be appreciated.
Re: Perfect WiFi Router
#2  September 10, 2017, 12:16:24 am
    • Canada
The perfect wi-fi router? No such thing. wi-fi is effected by the amount of overlapping wi-fi signals in range, and its reliability is heavily reliant on the receiving network adapter. If you can, direct connect with an Ethernet cord, or move your router as close to the ps4 as possible.  if that's not doable then bridge the modem and get yourself a decent dual band router, and in this case you really do get what you pay for. So bring money.

This one looks alright and wont break the bank.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXL1AR8

also... where the hell do you live that you have to pay $155 for 5 down and 0.2 up? That's more than I pay for all 3 services, which is full cable/phone and 150 down/15 up.
#3  September 12, 2017, 12:11:33 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
you just need to adapt a playstyle that fitting your wifi antics, who knows you'll come out with some secret combos.
#4  September 19, 2017, 07:08:49 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
How close is your ps4 to your router? I'm pretty far from mine so I use a power line adapter to get an ethernet connection 2 floors up.
#5  October 01, 2017, 03:40:09 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, get a good router and keep it close to the computer or game console that way the signals stays strong and play with people close to you, cause you never know how they got theirs set up. Playing with online friends in other countries shows how much you need a good connection, for doing your part in the long run.