Strider Hiryu (Read 134597 times)

Started by DW, September 11, 2017, 03:03:46 am
Share this topic:

DW

Strider Hiryu
#1  September 11, 2017, 03:03:46 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

I figure I've sat on him long enough. As always, special thanks to everyone who helped me out with him. Get him in my folder at TM. All the pals made for him, the MB, etc. isn't compatible with this current SFF. You'll see in the "Extra" folder everything is there though. When/If  @Moon Girard:  finishes it, I'll apply it all asap. I didn't forget. :P

Updates

=9/12/2017=
-Reduced the duration of Ouroboros

=9/29/2017=
-Fixed super finish delay on warp Legion
-Tweaked clsns on Gram(all versions)

=11/17/2017=
-Misc clsn tweaks
-Misc dmg tweaks
-Ground normals now have different properties based on whether he chained into them or not(will probably do the same for Psylocke soon)
-(EX)Gram all versions dmg increased
-(EX)Ame no Murakumo dmg increased
-PSX slash sounds added
-OTG -> Nagnarok -> Ouroboros bug fixed.
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:09:57 pm by DW

lui

Re: Strider Hiryu
#2  September 11, 2017, 03:06:48 am
    • USA
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
#3  September 11, 2017, 03:27:34 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
YOOOO HERE WE GO
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  September 11, 2017, 03:31:35 am
FUCK YEAH
#5  September 11, 2017, 03:37:14 am
#6  September 11, 2017, 03:46:31 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Show me the money!.lol
#7  September 11, 2017, 04:05:08 am
Also the colliding projectiles from Ouroboros lack hitsparks.

DW

#8  September 11, 2017, 04:14:26 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
https://streamable.com/qlntn Vajra
https://streamable.com/c97oj Ouroboros

These videos are both for stuff I think might not be intentional regarding strider.

-I'm not seeing an issue with Vajra... ??? What are you referring to?

-This...I'm not really sure. And tbh, I actually never thought to use it against itself. Does it stop hitting p2 if they both hit one another? If that be the case, then it would be a problem, and I'll have to look it over. As for the screen shaking, it's supposed to do that every time it hits. They kept hitting each other, so it kept doing it till they were done.

Also the colliding projectiles from Ouroboros lack hitsparks.

Colliding into what exactly? If it's another projectile/helper, then it's not supposed to. Pretty sure a hitspark will show if it actually hits a player though. I can double check.
#9  September 11, 2017, 04:16:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
What a great surprise. Let's test! Thanks DW. :)
#10  September 11, 2017, 04:24:34 am
  • Niigasan
Fucking beautiful can't wait to try this
#11  September 11, 2017, 04:28:45 am
With Vajra I mean the whole pulling the opponent with you when used while you're at the edge of the screen.
With the Ouroboros projectiles I should've typed that I meant when they collide with eachother.
Also so far he's a good character from what i've played and is pretty fun.
#12  September 11, 2017, 04:34:12 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Double post my man, fix that up Mr. Memes. lol In other news, Dw so far I notice his sprites jumping up and down around center of his chest. I don't know if it's a palette issue or the sprites themselves. Going back to test out, loving the supers indeed.

MCX

#13  September 11, 2017, 04:52:00 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
FUCK YES
#14  September 11, 2017, 05:23:11 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Wolf, can you please upload it to MF? I can't download from TM

#15  September 11, 2017, 05:42:53 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Gonna say it right now, the crispiest Hiryu in MUGEN yet. Just a couple things to mention feedback wise, as well as a couple of suggestions.

- First hit of Nagrarok doesn't do any damage.
- The attacking portion of Ragnarok could be a bit slower. Not exactly being able to register every hit causes the move to lose some of its impact, imo.
- I don't think the robot companions should use the projectile sound effect.
- Probably shouldn't be able to super cancel into Ouroboros or lower the damage on it afterwards. I think you can do too much damage too quickly.

Also, I have the sound that Cypher makes when you hit an enemy with it from Strider 2, if you wanna use it. Don't remember how I got my hands on it, but here it is lol http://www.mediafire.com/file/i4b7w8vll7gmol8/Strider+PSX+Slash.wav

I love seeing Hiryu get some love. Great work as always DW.

Edit: Adding additional feedback cause there were some things I missed [particularly due to marking out lol]

- Some animations are somewhat off. In Hiryu's Mission Accomplished winpose he isn't animated properly, his forward walk is missing a frame and his scarf "flickers" a bit during his walk back.
- Rainbow Drop does less damage than Izuna Driver and Guillotine Toss.
- Techniques like Vajra and Warp shouldn't change when you're on a different side. The corresponding buttons are which side of the screen you move to  after performing the technique, regardless of which side you're facing.
- Not sure if this was an intentional omission, but he's missing his anti-gravity winpose.
- Another bit of a suggestion thing, but I feel like the robot panther in his Mission Accomplished winpose should have a heavier landing sound.
Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:12:30 pm by Project.13

MCX

#16  September 11, 2017, 07:16:58 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I don't have any feedback that already was gievn to you, but I update my palette and made 2 more.

Alt Default
Dark Cuatom Shit
#17  September 11, 2017, 12:25:32 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

My congratulations, DW. This Hiryu is quite good. But I have one thing to notice you because I think this one is pretty serious:
-Ragnarok. I suggest you apply FX to Hiryu, because... Well, his shortened sword can be seen here for good.

And just sayin', maybe I'll PM you about some special parts later...

DW

#18  September 11, 2017, 04:03:34 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Double post my man, fix that up Mr. Memes. lol In other news, Dw so far I notice his sprites jumping up and down around center of his chest. I don't know if it's a palette issue or the sprites themselves. Going back to test out, loving the supers indeed.

It's a CS issue. I'm aware of them, just not concerned as this isn't his finalized SFF anyway.

Wolf, can you please upload it to MF? I can't download from TM

That's...odd. As I have no trouble, and I haven't heard this from anyone else. Still, I'll get around to it.

- First hit of Nagrarok doesn't do any damage.
- The attacking portion of Ragnarok could be a bit slower. Not exactly being able to register every hit causes the move to lose some of its impact, imo.
- I don't think the robot companions should use the projectile sound effect.
- Probably shouldn't be able to super cancel into Ouroboros or lower the damage on it afterwards. I think you can do too much damage too quickly.

-It's not supposed to.
-I know about the fine tuning and polishing for Ragnarok. I mention this in the ReadMe. I'll get around to it some time in the foreseeable future. As it stands now though, it functions as it should with no bugs, and I need to move on from Hiryu with other projects.
-I don't see what else they'd use.
-Ouroboros is meant to be powerful. My version of it is a fair amount nerfed from official/various other Mugen versions. If you manage to catch p2 with it, you should be rewarded.

- Some animations are somewhat off. In Hiryu's Mission Accomplished winpose he isn't animated properly, his forward walk is missing a frame and his scarf "flickers" a bit during his walk back.
- Rainbow Drop does less damage than Izuna Driver and Guillotine Toss.
- Techniques like Vajra and Warp shouldn't change when you're on a different side. The corresponding buttons are which side of the screen you move to  after performing the technique, regardless of which side you're facing.
- Not sure if this was an intentional omission, but he's missing his anti-gravity winpose.
- Another bit of a suggestion thing, but I feel like the robot panther in his Mission Accomplished winpose should have a heavier landing sound.

-What? He doesn't walk at all during any of his winposes. This doesn't make any sense. Also, I'd assume "flicker" is apart of the CS mistakes in this current set. As mentioned earlier, I'm banking on the updated SFF, so I'm not worried about it.
-That's because you can perform OTG follow ups from it.
-They don't actually. They're absolute. HK will always send Hiryu furthest away from him with Varja, despite which way you're facing. Warp always send you toward/behind p2. What you're suggesting is that it changes depending on what way you're facing, w/o actually realizing it. Well, I suppose it's based on your POV. I see it as absolute, though you see it as it should send you to the same spot, regardless of which way you're facing. I like it as is.
-Yes, this is mentioned in the ReadMe as well. I'll be adding the rest of his intros/winposes at a later date.
-Meh...

Thanks for the feedback/support.

I don't have any feedback that already was gievn to you, but I update my palette and made 2 more.

Thank you.

My congratulations, DW. This Hiryu is quite good. But I have one thing to notice you because I think this one is pretty serious:

And just sayin', maybe I'll PM you about some special parts later...

See my response to Project 13 regarding it. Along with the ReadMe notation. Thanks for the feedback/support.

Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:09:29 pm by DW
#19  September 11, 2017, 05:01:37 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Ah, the confusion with the animations was a result of a grammar mistake on my part. The feedback on walking animations are their own thing and not CS related.

Can you see what I mean?

DW

#20  September 11, 2017, 05:26:11 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
With Vajra I mean the whole pulling the opponent with you when used while you're at the edge of the screen.
With the Ouroboros projectiles I should've typed that I meant when they collide with eachother.
Also so far he's a good character from what i've played and is pretty fun.

Forgot to respond to this:

-The Vajra pull is a screenbound thing. I'll see if I can get it to perform a bit more smoothly.
-About Ouroboros, it's not supposed to spawn hitsparks unless it comes in contact with an actual player. I tested that, and it doesn't causes any problems in terms of it functionality, when colliding with one another. Thanks for bringing that to my attention though.

Thanks for the support.

Ah, the confusion with the animations was a result of a grammar mistake on my part. The feedback on walking animations are their own thing and not CS related.

Can you see what I mean?

Yeah, I gotcha. I'll look it over. Thanks.