YesNoOk

TMNT x JL A brief overview (Read 38956 times)

Started by Kamekaze, September 11, 2017, 06:34:31 pm
TMNT x JL A brief overview
#1  September 11, 2017, 06:34:31 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Ok so, there's a lot to unpack here so I will do my best to explain it briefly because everything is also subject to change:

General:
-4 buttons
-21 characters, no unplayable bosses, just boss mode AI

Gameplay:
-Classic, early 90s fighters
-forward and back dashes
-some chars get air mobility
-mashable light attacks
-1 super bar, so one super
-cps chains/cancels: A CPS cancel for those curious was first noted in the cps1 version sf. it allowed you to "combo" into stronger normals of the same type or in some instances the crouching version of that next button. For example LP > LP+MP will appear to be LP > MP
-Very limited juggles, by that I mean outside of a new core mechanic explained later you can only juggle two additional moves so short combos or very precise

Mechanics:

There's a bit to unpack here but none of what you see is final. it's mostly just to show how it works. The red life is like this for a reason. You see, there will be a somewhat ex special system that uses  red life instead of power. If you haven't been hit you can use them and your life will recovery slowly. Also who ever scores first hit gets a free Omega attack (aka what ex specials are called). You can ignore the red scar things i have no idea how they got there and also as you can see the lifebars are different colors depending on how much you have etc etc.

As you also can see it looks very um...not good to look at. I have and always have sucked at art so if anyone is willing to donate their time to make a better lifebar (which honestly skies the limit on since it's not a technical mugen life bar) feel free to chime in.

There will be a Q&A thread so this doesnt get cluttered.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:32:57 am by Kamekaze
Re: TMNT x JL A brief overview
#2  September 11, 2017, 07:27:23 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
This post is to breakdown the R.E.D. system so that when you eventually get to test, which you will, you'll know whats going on.

Essentially anytime you get hit a percentage of that damage becomes red life like you've seen in many games before this one. However said life is both your asset and your ally. It can be used to use an enhanced version of both your special or super depending on how much red life you have at your disposal. When you're able to use it the red life will flash white. When you use the enhanced special/super it will deplete some or all of it, this keeps it from being overpowered. Also if you score the first hit in a round you get a free red special which is always used last. So if you save it and manage to get access to another you'll have 2! Momentum can give you a a lot of leverage or turn the tide, but never with the press of one button. Just enough to help you get started on the path to victory.

There will be a HUD to inform of what exactly is possible for specific things.

If at any point you get counterhit you will lose all of your red life so patience is everything!
#3  September 11, 2017, 08:05:53 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Another key thing this game has is that everyone will have a dedicated command grab input special, and yes there is a R.E.D. variant. They are meant to be another layer of offense to keep you on your toes. This game wont really have overheads mix ups so this helps close that gap of offensive pressure that both players can react to at a high level.

However, there are characters that get additional properties such as a command grab that can be done in the air. There will only be 2, one from each side, with this special property. They are Wingnut, and Despero. Wingnut because he will be a strongly air focused character and Despero because he will fit the grappler archetype more so than anyone else in the game.
#4  November 22, 2017, 03:50:37 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
So this work in progress also has its own wiki page that I'm working on as the appeal of it has expanded further than I could have imagined. It can be found here
#5  December 03, 2017, 06:33:16 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
So I will be showing this game off at MAGFest, hopefully I can squeeze 2 more characters in before that. Why I'm saying this here is that the MAGFest build will also be the first public beta! So you all will finally get to try it out!
#6  December 04, 2017, 11:40:18 am
That's Great. I can't wait to try it out.

Btw, your left energy bar is a bit higher. The right one is a bit lower. They aren't aligned right.
#7  December 04, 2017, 06:42:39 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
if you're referring to that screenshot up there that's extremely old lol