YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1081295 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1461  September 14, 2017, 04:34:50 am
    • Mexico

What do you think?
I accept more feedback
#1462  September 15, 2017, 01:02:33 am
    • USA
there's a sudden bulge on the legs and I think a blink on the left (viewers) boot
#1463  September 15, 2017, 02:07:27 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

What do you think?
I accept more feedback

I'll tell you the same thing I've told others: Cropping, shrinking, stretching and just moving things around like pieces simply DOESN'T WORK unless you know what you're doing. Don't be lazy and redraw each of the frames. You can probably get away with keeping SOME elements the same, but you'll figure that out from experience. To do that, you'll need to do it the hard way first (i.e. drawing each frame individually) and then with enough practice you'll realize which parts need to be redone and which ones don't.
#1464  September 16, 2017, 02:16:23 am
    • Mexico
thank you man, thank you for your suggestions and your advice I know it, I know I try to do it the easy way but thanks to you and another comment, I realized that I have to redraw and adjust each of the new frames so that the movement does not look like a simple animation made by a child of 5 years, is what I did just when I uploaded the animation I realized that the problem was the cuts, so that strange movements arose, now I will try not to go wrong again and will bring the animation although it costs me weeks as smooth as I can since that is what makes sprites dedicate time and make them look alive, what happened is that I had to go to high school and did not have time to do the animation well, for the time spent on exams and assignments, but at last I am free of jobs.
#1465  September 16, 2017, 02:54:24 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
As annoying and time-consuming of a process it is, you won't regret it. And this is coming from someone who is the incarnation of lazy itself.

Just think of it as opening a new door or something.
This is a generic forum signature.
#1466  September 16, 2017, 03:26:19 am
    • Mexico
thanks for the advice Hatter I'm trying right now with the animation, I know I'm a beginner and maybe this takes me more time than usual, but this time I want to make sure I do it well, I know it's a little tedious to put pixel by pixel but is the work in exchange for a good result.
#1467  September 19, 2017, 04:37:59 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Something i did for fun. I initially intended to do more sprite updates but this is all, at least for now

I know its probably not perfect, and i'd sincerely like advice on anything that could be improved
#1468  September 25, 2017, 02:34:33 am
    • Mexico

I have already drawn frame by frame I do not know if it can be appreciated, I am also in a doubt as the gif looks better than they think? :)

1-
2-
3-
#1469  September 25, 2017, 03:19:14 am
    • USA
The left arm and left leg looks like it's breathing, also the right pectoral is moving up a pixel it's a little weird :D 

HQ

#1470  September 25, 2017, 06:34:51 pm
Very very quick guidance of how you can animate (keep in mind that the animation here is a bit too exaggerated, I like your calm approach)
Step 1:
Select the elements that would move and move them --> ideally the armor would turn slightly to the right too (which needs redrawing)
Make a first animation sketch with that method:

Step 2:
Redraw the elements that are moving and consider the changed perspectives (see right arm - spriters view) the upper arm would need redrawing of course - the muscles lines on the upper thighs change etc
Step 3:
Polishing :)
Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:39:17 pm by HQ
#1471  September 26, 2017, 02:35:28 am
    • Mexico
I know that I should stop doing sprite redesigns but I did not finish convincing myself and I'm sure this one I did on my own and not based on another pose (I know it's not finished and I'm not sure if I should publish it like this) it's a lot better from my point of view, but you think I should continue with this pose and face or return and finish the other definitely?.

Note:
I only mean the body and the face I know that the hair is very out of place :embarrassed:
#1472  September 26, 2017, 02:40:15 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
It's a bummer you are not using the template animation HQ did for you.

With the new stance the feet are not in the usually Z2 position.
Most Z2 style character's back feet are not that high up. Z2 character's feet are fairly even.
The back foot is just 1 or 3 pixels higher than the other foot.

Also unless the character is standing straight up they usually have a core shadow from the bottom of their chest down.
#1473  September 27, 2017, 04:35:21 am
    • Mexico
I sincerely liked the work that HQ did in terms of animation and I'm not ruling out the possibility of using it only asked for their opinion as to whether to change the style I used previously because I did not finish convincing in terms of similarity to z2 style I know is an inspired spritework, but in terms of the posture of the sprite and face is simply an unfinished sketch and here I bring you another arranged a little
#1474  September 27, 2017, 10:05:32 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Rough Z2 Broli.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: My OCD took over and I couldn't leave it looking the way it was.
Shorter
It is still not perfect, but it is closer to the stance I was aiming for. I also cleaned the lines up some more.

It's based on this Balthazar sprite.
If I was going to make him into a character I would use the Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2  Broli for reference.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/43/46274.png
So I stood him straight, but with an intimidating hunch.

Is it worth continuing?

Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:28:50 am by Alpha Proto
#1475  September 28, 2017, 02:53:18 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I can't say much except that the edit looks infinitely better :D
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#1476  September 30, 2017, 10:44:17 pm
  • One more player.
    • Chile
    • http://k3rcy.deviantart.com/
Some of the Z2 sprites I created. Any recommendations for improvement?
#1477  October 01, 2017, 01:32:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I like them. :)
#1478  October 01, 2017, 04:33:23 am
  • One more player.
    • Chile
    • http://k3rcy.deviantart.com/
Thanks! although I feel that merged zamasu is not completely z2 style :/
I don't know what it is but I don't know how to improve it
#1479  October 01, 2017, 05:46:20 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Here is an edit of Blathazar's old "Teen" Gohan into Kid Gohan.
Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:49:59 am by Alpha Proto
#1480  October 01, 2017, 05:48:30 am
  • Not for sale
Some of the Z2 sprites I created. Any recommendations for improvement?

They look good. My one observation is you need to go thicker on your lightest anti-aliasing shade. The more recent Z2 characters show that technique. Other than that, I'd say Gohan's chest my look a little lopsided.