YesNoOk

Help with Super Dropkick (Read 11120 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, September 13, 2017, 03:49:13 pm
Share this topic:
Help with Super Dropkick
New #1  September 13, 2017, 03:49:13 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Hey guys. I need a bit of help with one move Raiden has, and that is his Super Dropkick, aka, Balrog's Turn Punch, but kick-style.

I'm going to assume I need another file to make the power of it, depending on how long you hold it for, but I just need to be put in the right direction in order to get started with it.
Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:08:46 pm by Knuckles8864
Re: Help with Super Dropkick
#2  September 13, 2017, 03:55:49 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I assume we'll need to use correct variables in [State -2].
I'm by myself here only on "theories" step, but I suggest you look in charger characters' (for example, Jmorphman's Guile) variables 49-50 to see a good example of what are you striving for. Just make sure that is will work correctly with attack buttons.
#3  September 13, 2017, 05:27:32 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You need to look into varadd.
You'd use varadd with a trigger looking for your button being held down.
Then you'd have a changestate that fires off if you let the button go.

So you'd want a 2nd statedef that it's going to switch to. This would be the actual kick animation.
The animation, and hitdef, and velset, and every other attribute can use the variable you set using varadd to adjust speed and power and sound and all that. You could even set up multiple animations and use the variable to switch to them.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  September 14, 2017, 09:17:13 am
I'm kind of getting it. I can get it to activate, however, he will then go into an infinite loop of doing the same move over and over again.
#5  September 14, 2017, 09:41:56 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I think only one state would be needed:

there'd be a VarSet and VarAdd in -1, both placed below a ChangeState for the super dropkick. The VarSet sets the "hold kick" variable to 0 if the variable is non-zero and 2 kicks aren't currently being held. The VarAdd adds 1 to the variable if at least 2 kick buttons are held.

Then the ChangeState is triggered if 2 kick buttons are not currently being held and if the variable is greater or equal to whatever is the minimum amount of ticks the kick buttons need to be held. And since the changestate is above the varset, on the same tick that the kicks are released, the changestate will trigger correctly and the variable will be reset! The actual drop kick state would then look like any other special move state.

I can't recall if this move would activate if you started off holding LK+MK, waiting a while, then starting to hold HK too (so all three kicks are being held), and then releasing LK. The method I laid out should work like this, but if the move should work some other way (like, the move triggers if you've charged long enough and stop holding LK, even though you're still holding HK, cuz the move was started by holding LK), this method can still be adapted to emulate that.
#6  September 14, 2017, 01:16:18 pm
Mind if I ask if the VarSet and VarAdd go under where the Specials should be, or in the Command State?
#7  September 14, 2017, 06:16:02 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It should go with the rest of the special's ChangeStates, in -1.
#8  September 15, 2017, 03:20:16 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Don't forget to reset the value of that variable to 0 in the dropkick activation state.
New #9  September 15, 2017, 10:48:02 am
Almost got it fully working. All I need to do is reset the timer in between the Power of Dropkicks.

Here's what I got so far:

Spoiler: Command (click to see content)

Spoiler: System (click to see content)

Spoiler: Specials (click to see content)

Edit: Got it working properly! This problem is now solved!
Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:08:39 pm by Knuckles8864