YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441521 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's using DS sprites Demitri's using DS sprites De
#5541  September 13, 2017, 03:41:17 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I figure people can submit two PNGs (since the palette shifting is so simple), or an aPNG if they really want to have it animated.

But then again, no one ever really uses aPNGs... hey, future palette makers, what kind of format do you guys wanna use?

EDIT: oh wait does aPNG not preserve palette information at all? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:09:51 am by Jmorphman
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's using DS sprites Demitri's using DS sprites De
#5542  September 14, 2017, 12:14:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Does it not? I could've sworn the frames were just an array of PNG's which means that they can have their own PLTE chunks.

Ah well.
Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:20:42 am by Jesuszilla
#5543  September 14, 2017, 01:13:26 am
    • USA
The one aPNG assembler I looked at didn't preserve palettes, even after fiddling around with some settings; might have to try a few more.
#5544  September 14, 2017, 02:41:04 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
2 PNGs will be fine

plskthx
Chilling
#5545  September 15, 2017, 09:53:49 pm
    • USA

I'm dying, I'm dead, please kill me, and also kill Capcom for their nonoptimal use of color.
#5546  September 16, 2017, 04:30:12 am
  • Was it something I said?

Remember one thing:

#5547  September 16, 2017, 07:55:38 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#5548  September 19, 2017, 08:28:22 am
    • USA
#5549  September 19, 2017, 03:12:23 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
You're doing God's work Jmorphman.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#5550  September 19, 2017, 03:13:06 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Will you be using the improved stance that has double the frames?
#5551  September 19, 2017, 07:30:20 pm
    • USA
Will you be using the improved stance that has double the frames?
You asked this almost a year ago!!! >:[
By sure to at least use the new stance animation that has double the frames!!!
And the answer is still "that only exists for the CFJ set"

Also, does anyone know if there are any animation standards for the various dismembered sprites used in Darkstalkers? Didn't seem like there was anything in the big list of animation standards here, or this list either.
Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:34:18 pm by Jmorphman
#5552  September 19, 2017, 08:36:05 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Maybe check Doggiedoo's stuff or 3ha's Bishamon. They may have made standards.
#5553  September 20, 2017, 12:01:11 am
#5554  September 20, 2017, 04:01:39 am
    • USA
#5555  September 21, 2017, 01:16:46 am
    • USA
The optional standards that actually do exist are pretty messy as well. Horizontal spinning for Anakaris's Naraku no Ana is 7008, that should be easy, right? Except Anakaris uses a ChangeAnim2?!? So unless you make sure you're using the same sprite indices as Anakaris for the horizontal spinning sprites, your character will just turn invisible during that attack?!?!?! And then a whole bunch of characters that use these special animations (like Lord Raptor's Hell Dunk, or Jedah's Sangue=Passare) don't actually check SelfAnimExist, they actually just have the appropriate sprites for all the Darkstalkers characters, and then use their own sprites in place of the opponent for those special animations! Ughhhhhhhhh. :wall:

At least the seppuku animation works:

Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:23:12 am by Jmorphman
#5556  September 21, 2017, 02:03:14 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Except for one, all of the best Darkstalkers characters were made in.... dark times.
#5557  September 21, 2017, 02:23:34 am
    • USA
This is why I'm making a new Midnight Bliss standard, cuz all the current ones are lacking!
#5558  September 21, 2017, 02:25:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I don't see the problem with 9020, especially since you can use changeanim on the elements as you please.

The fact of the matter is we need more DS characters. Can't believe zelgadis296's Zabel is the best there is.
#5559  September 21, 2017, 02:26:12 am
    • USA
I wanna let people use elaborate animations like B.B. Hood's, and not be limited to only 5 frames!
#5560  September 21, 2017, 02:27:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Assuming all elements are time 1 (like 9020 requires), you can use -AnimTime to detect the total length of the animation.

EDIT: Ah, but I just recalled 9020 doesn't allow you to define entire animations for the beginning (Felicia's MB has her blow a kiss at the start). I would say to use a combination of SVC's and 9020, but then the timings would be fucked up for the latter. Damn, guess there really is no way around it.

This is not your fault, but I have to say it: it pisses me off that we have more standards for fucking Midnight Bliss than any other standard. One lousy move that he only had in one game and it's the poster child for custom animations in MUGEN. Because nobody's gotten anything right, it seems. Can't use the old standards that were merely in writing either because nobody actually made characters that actually used them.
Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:35:56 am by Jesuszilla