YesNoOk

Assets discuession thread (art/graphics/hitsparks)  (Read 114418 times)

Started by Kamekaze, September 11, 2017, 06:46:37 pm
Assets discuession thread (art/graphics/hitsparks)
#1  September 11, 2017, 06:46:37 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
So right now I haven't really decided on what hitsparks I want to use for this considering both games were very minimal on that aspect. I probably will remain in area but if I post anything related to that it will be here for discussion and or improvements. The main thing im working on is the title screen which will combine the two logos.

Like so: or

I need some sort of "X" like symbol between the two and I'm working on it but if anyone has a better idea let me know.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:09:22 pm by Kamekaze
Re: Assets discuession thread (art/graphics/hitsparks)
#2  September 12, 2017, 10:37:38 am
Are you going for pixel effects or blurred ones? I have seen a hires dust effect you used for Leonardo in his video you posted in his thread.

If you go for blurred ones, I can sent some to you. If you go for 2d pixels and old school, I can prefer the ones from Art Of Fighting 1, 2 or 3. The ones from Kizuna Encounter are good aswell.
#3  September 12, 2017, 03:41:30 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I'll try either one if it can capture the look that I have in my head. If you have some please do show them to me lol.
#4  September 12, 2017, 04:04:20 pm
Sent you a pm with some Hitsparks and Effects.
#5  September 20, 2017, 04:45:00 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

This what I meant by the X/cross like idea. As you can see this is ugly as hell so I was hoping someone would be able to either guide me to a better design and or help with making it.

edit: redesign. and a proof of concept select screen. Yes I'm learning a lot of about screenpacks. mostly that I suck at them.
Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:37:20 pm by Kamekaze
#6  September 21, 2017, 02:05:27 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
wouldn't a giant VS be better?
#7  September 21, 2017, 04:00:17 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
#8  September 22, 2017, 05:27:45 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Yes this is a literal working pause screen. Yes rematches are actually possible. The only thing that isn't working is the movelist cause I haven't coded it yet. This game is going to go far beyond your average full game.

As for how rematch works, well I literally recoded rounds and the timer to be able to advance rounds with the push of a button or restart the entire match. All of this within 13 hours or so of time lol.
#9  September 22, 2017, 02:16:23 pm
This is looking Great man.

Any plans for a Tag System? Maybe I overlooked if you mentioned it.

I might come up with something for a logo and HUD idea. Just need some time. I have some matters going on right now.
#10  September 22, 2017, 03:37:33 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
This is looking Great man.

Any plans for a Tag System? Maybe I overlooked if you mentioned it.

I might come up with something for a logo and HUD idea. Just need some time. I have some matters going on right now.

Well again, I already am mostly finished with a game based around that mechanic so I'm not stepping in that direction twice. As for the logo yeah If you think you can make a cool looking X that looks like a rift in space that would be ideal lol. But no rush this game is a long way from finished.
#11  September 23, 2017, 12:02:09 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Prototype fonts aside. This is match over rematch prompts. You may notice that it's dual decision, something capcom cant even do these days :U
#12  September 26, 2017, 03:19:43 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

movelist that generates itself based on a formula up and running. This will allow me to generate the movelist based on a single calculation per attack. Pretty neat stuff because none of it is hardcoded so I can change it if need be at anytime.
#13  September 29, 2017, 09:48:39 pm
    • USA
Regarding the logos, I think the classic ones go well together. if you decide on the more recent JL logo, then I suggest a more recent TMNT logo, like the one from the early 2000s cartoon.
#14  October 02, 2017, 03:54:35 am
    • USA

This what I meant by the X/cross like idea. As you can see this is ugly as hell so I was hoping someone would be able to either guide me to a better design and or help with making it.

edit: redesign. and a proof of concept select screen. Yes I'm learning a lot of about screenpacks. mostly that I suck at them.

Maybe the logos should be closer together with the X overlapping them. About the select screen, will you be using custom/different sprites eventually? I have an idea using symbols for the characters like in the JLTF game. Depending which fighters are on the final roster, this may or may not work. I have symbols for Darkseid, Despero, Shredder, Wingnut, and Karai (if she's confirmed). The Turtles would use their initials/belt buckles. These would have to be custom made, so if this not possible then I will try to think of something else.

How many colors swaps do you plan on each fighter to have? I think 4 is a good number and I have ideas for most of them.
#15  October 02, 2017, 03:29:46 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
The logo itself just needs a better "X" effect that I'm working on. They are spaced that way for a good reason I promise lol.

The character icons matching tmnt was also a decision that was meant to be that way. The justice league chars had to get their own versions of it to match. As for colors, I'll probably go up to twelve as I know someone who's made several colors for the tmnt chars and he's willing to share.
#16  October 02, 2017, 11:32:01 pm
    • USA
The logo itself just needs a better "X" effect that I'm working on. They are spaced that way for a good reason I promise lol.

The character icons matching tmnt was also a decision that was meant to be that way. The justice league chars had to get their own versions of it to match. As for colors, I'll probably go up to twelve as I know someone who's made several colors for the tmnt chars and he's willing to share.

Good to know about the logo. Your idea about the character selection is actually better. I just hope you can find better portraits for the DC characters than the Genesis ones. Regarding the extra colors, I can only think of at least 5 pallets for the TMNT (Including all red masks for them, for example). I have a lot of DC knowledge so I may be able to help with colors for most of them. I have more than what's included in the Injustice 2. Lol.
#17  October 06, 2017, 03:50:59 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

This is what I had in mind with the X thing. It's far from perfect but I think it illustrates moreso of what it's supposed to be.
#18  October 06, 2017, 11:01:43 pm
    • USA

This is what I had in mind with the X thing. It's far from perfect but I think it illustrates moreso of what it's supposed to be.

Yes, that "X" looks much better, I would recommend changing the background as it blends with it and it matches with he select screen (unless these screens are still in their unfinished versions)

I have an idea for an attract mode based on Street Fighter II's and Death and Return of Superman's found below:

http://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/article_width/public/bisonsf2profile.jpg?itok=P4hsPvu4

http://playingwithsuperpower.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Death-and-Return-of-Superman-pic-2.png

I would volunteer my time to research and locate the necessary stats. The ones I would do include: Name, Real Name, Birthdate, Height, Weight, Short Bio

The DC characters can have their main sprite in the upper right corner (as pictured), while the TMNT characters would be in the lower left corner (like the SF characters).

EDIT: After posting this, I discovered TMNT TF had their own attract mode with bios and those look good too.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/222133-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tournament-fighters-snes-screenshot.gif

Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:29:30 am by Mitewing
#19  October 07, 2017, 02:00:15 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
the problem with attract mode is I have to detect when demo mode is actually happening. But you're not the first to bring it to my attention and I'd love to do it if its possible to actually detect it.
#20  October 07, 2017, 09:27:34 pm
    • USA
I'm still learning the limitations of MUGEN. It will be nice to figure out of that's possible or not.