YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2604036 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8521  September 30, 2017, 01:54:19 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#8522  October 13, 2017, 06:26:45 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
http://www.gamezone.com/news/esrb-doesn-t-consider-loot-crates-as-gambling-3460214
http://www.gamezone.com/news/pegi-agrees-that-loot-crates-are-not-gambling-3460225

Now here is something I find interesting the more I think about it. The game rating boards of the United States and Europe have said that Loot Creates are not considered gambling since you always receive something from the create (even though the result is not always what you want). In a way, they say it is not unlike purchasing collectable/tradeable card packs at a store or buying those capsule toys from those dispensers in front of many stores...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#8523  October 14, 2017, 02:57:58 am
#8524  October 15, 2017, 06:04:38 am
    • Peru
So I got no source for this other than the video below, but I "found" a Nintendo Switch inside a taxi.

Apparently, this taxi service in Peru called "Easy Taxi" is putting Nintendo Switches on the back of the co-pilot's (or pilot's) seat for passengers to kill time during the ride. Fittingly enough, you get to play Mario Kart. The driver told me there were only 60 vehicles in existence in the company (for now?), featuring this, so I gotta say I got lucky.

I quickly looked up on youtube to see if there are any other companies (or countries for that matter) putting this in practice. Only found a video about Easy Taxi.

When my cell phone told me my cab arrived, I couldn't find it because I did not expect the car riddled with Mario, Luigi, Zelda, etc. drawings on it to be it. Even after entering the vehicle, it took me a good amount of seconds to realize what the hell was going on. The driver reaching out with the gamepad in hand was the icing on the cake.

Didn't really think this was anything "groundbreaking", but I thought I'd share this interesting little gem. Kinda clever, really.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#8525  October 16, 2017, 04:30:26 am
    • Peru
Yeah, they've been doing that for a few months now. I haven't used the service, but I definitely would get dizzy by playing while moving.
#8526  October 17, 2017, 08:05:40 am
#8527  October 17, 2017, 07:59:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that is why siegfred is the superior name.
#8528  October 20, 2017, 01:25:08 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Petition to make a new SEGA console called Spartan.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#8529  October 20, 2017, 01:27:23 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Holy shit!
#8530  October 20, 2017, 01:38:55 pm
I have no sound at work and all I'm getting is some random Youtuber that does nothing but talk. Any real info that's not an online petition by some moron or should I not give a shit

that is why siegfred is the superior name.
But only German people understand how to pronounce that one properly :( Sigurd is easier.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8531  October 20, 2017, 04:49:39 pm
#8532  October 20, 2017, 05:00:05 pm
lol, making a console with 16 gigs of RAM in this time would be insane expensive.
#8533  October 20, 2017, 05:14:11 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Looks like someone took lines verbatim from a Steam Machine page and replaced the word Steam with Spartan
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#8534  October 20, 2017, 05:20:39 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#8535  October 20, 2017, 10:22:14 pm
    • Peru
#8536  October 21, 2017, 12:45:08 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#8537  October 21, 2017, 05:50:27 pm
http://gematsu.com/2017/10/full-metal-panic-fight-dares-wins-announced-ps4
Oh wow, and actual Full Metal Panic game. Anime season 3 when
Strategy RPG, most likely a copy of the usual Super Robot Wars series (same studio) with "insert anime name" characters randomly dropped there for the story, and the English name completely misunderstands the naming convention of the novels and gives us something that just sounds weird with that random "fight :" just dropped there out of nowhere. (not that said naming convention is any easy to translate)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:54:26 pm by Byakko
#8538  October 22, 2017, 02:04:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#8539  October 22, 2017, 03:28:32 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
http://gematsu.com/2017/10/full-metal-panic-fight-dares-wins-announced-ps4
Oh wow, and actual Full Metal Panic game. Anime season 3 when
Strategy RPG, most likely a copy of the usual Super Robot Wars series (same studio) with "insert anime name" characters randomly dropped there for the story, and the English name completely misunderstands the naming convention of the novels and gives us something that just sounds weird with that random "fight :" just dropped there out of nowhere. (not that said naming convention is any easy to translate)

Season 4 has already been confirmed (does no one count Fumoffu?). Just google "Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory".

If it somehow gets localized, I'd probably get the game myself. FMP is actually one of my favorite series.
#8540  October 22, 2017, 03:57:26 am
Yeah, I remember it was brought up in the anime thread some time ago. It's just that it's been so long since there's been anything real, a game suddenly showing like that is a bit of a surprise. I suppose the game is making a popularity check.
Of course Fumoffu doesn't count, it's not the main story !