YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1051532 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#5061  October 26, 2017, 06:46:34 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
The Silver Case

Well it's a Suda 51 joint and the dialogue certainly reflects that.

Stylish as hell and cool so far, but also very creepy. Not like sex pervert creepy ala Lollipop Chainsaw, but more with it being a psychological thriller. Somewhat dampened by the fact that I named my main character "Edmund".
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#5062  November 01, 2017, 02:16:23 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Doki Doki Literature Club

I'm starting to think the internet tricked me into playing one of these cutesy anime dating sims by saying that it's secretly a psychological horror game.
#5063  November 01, 2017, 09:36:18 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Lost Dimension

Not a bad Srpg Interesting Storyline as well.
#5064  November 08, 2017, 06:57:28 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Owlboy
Just started the plot for real on this one. Gorgeous pixel art, makes me think of Metal Slug and how difficult it must have been for the developers to pull that off. Not as much to speak about with gameplay, except it's surprisingly difficult - there's some enemies that require you to drop your partner and hit them with Otus' spin before you can harm them, and that seems a bit unfair. I'm stuck on a miniboss room full of the things and it sucks.

Otherwise, great game so far. Kinda hate how Otus gets mocked by everyone but a few characters, though.
#5065  December 03, 2017, 05:15:16 pm
Doki DokI Literature Club

sfihkshdfgkjl;asflgbkld;gkolivhdoupi'osivdy
#5066  December 03, 2017, 11:03:23 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Still playing EDF 2025, and waiting for the North American release of EDF 5 for PS4.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#5067  December 04, 2017, 12:22:16 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#5068  December 13, 2017, 12:20:46 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Prey, the new one.

I played it for at least 5 hours today, so it's kinda gripped me. Fun as hell.

#5069  December 13, 2017, 02:18:57 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

My first entry into the series and I am enjoying the game so far. And I am thoroughly amuse by the funny moments in the game.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5070  December 13, 2017, 02:58:56 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Its basically just Xenoverse 1 so far but it also has guest appearances of Turles(Whos just Goku that eats his veggies and shoots Dorito Onion Rings at people)
Get framedrops in big fights and in city sometimes but overall we good,and the game is pretty aight so far
#5071  December 16, 2017, 04:15:04 am
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
Vampire Savior on MAME, im emulating the european version. originally i went with the japanese one because it was uncensored
until i found out you can turn on the blood by going to service mode otherwise everyone bleeds milk for some reason
i mean sure the "Forever Torment" stage still has puke green all over it and Jedah is just as PG as he is in MvCI
but at least i can read the win quotes and have the character's names the way i like them.
(seriously if Jon Talbain is called "Gallon" in Japan no wonder he's not that popular over there)

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#5072  December 16, 2017, 08:29:12 am
Count Monte's "Enter the Dragon" game.

#5073  February 03, 2018, 02:48:27 am
I've been bouncing between a bunch of things but mainly...

Super Mario Odyssey

I've got over 100 moons and am currently in the Metro Kingdom. I got a little overhyped for this game and it's not quite living up to my ridiculous expectations, but it's still absolutely wonderful. I'm only 10 or so hours in so there's still plenty more game to go.

Metroid: Samus Returns

I just went back to this and finished Area 2 last night. I'm really not a fan of the parry mechanics and I'm not loving the focus on repetitive and difficult bosses either. I'm dying a fair bit. It's mainly the parry though. Especially coming off Megaman, I want more traditional shooting mechanics. But I'm still having tons of fun. Spider ball this early is wonderful. The game's throwing things at me at a really enjoyable rate.

Mass Effect

Never played this series but I've been craving Bioware-esque party interactions, so I bought it on PSN for pretty cheap. Only an hour and a half in and... I dunno? My dude has a cool moustache. Dialog is decent. Gameplay is meh but not so bad I'm gonna stop. Story setup is kinda okay but I want to see more aliens ASAP.

We'll see. Might not go back to it this second but I'm not giving up on it or anything.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

This feels oooooooooold. OOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD. But the writing is good. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this.

Also, though I only have an hour or two in it, shout out to Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX. I loved the original game and the 3DS remake seems to have absolutely nailed it, so far being one of the better ports/remakes I've ever seen. Graphics are improved, quality-of-life improvements all over the place especially in terms of interface and controls, but the core game is damn near exactly the same.
#5074  February 15, 2018, 05:53:15 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
arcanum of steamworks and magick obscura

Kind of a struggle to get working, but very glad that I did. Feels very Fallout 2'ish, if more janky.

#5075  February 16, 2018, 05:53:56 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Monster Hunter World

Working towards a Pukei armour set, although I think I fucked up by going for Jagras Strongarm at this stage. Keep hearing people saying bone stuff is the way to go, at least for high rank, but I think bone anything looks ugly as fuck so I'm reluctant to do that. Also I'm still learning shit about the Charge Axe that I didn't know about, so I'm gonna keep playing around and seeing how I can incorporate it into my playstyle.

As someone who's played older Monster Hunter games, the quality of life changes are a godsend. Item Wheel is a little bit fiddly, but I'll work it out. Also the grappling hook is p. cool. If only I knew how to use it in actual gameplay :P
#5076  February 16, 2018, 06:00:12 pm
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
The Disappearing of Gensokyo
#5077  February 20, 2018, 02:55:56 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I finally got my Sega Saturn Emu working correctly(had to burn the cue files to disk)
and I'm having a blast playing Fighters Megamix and Final Fight Revenge.
Clockwork Knight is burning as I type I'll be trying that next.

Its been about 19 years since ive played Megamix and I still love it.
Final Fight Revenge ive never played before but I'm enjoying it and
diggin the different move sets for guy and Cody, Cody has a flash kick
type attack and guy throws ninja stars wtf. 

These games pretty cool im for sure gonna find me a bios free Saturn
online soon so I cam play these gems on the old boob tube someday.
#5078  February 25, 2018, 07:03:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Dragon Ball FighterZ

After finally getting some hands-on time with this game, I now understand why MvCI blinked out of existence once this game came out.  From the gameplay to the presentation, this is everything that Marvel should have been and then some.

GLB

#5079  March 02, 2018, 01:58:35 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
WWE 2K18

Just picked this up half price on a flash sale. Not really feeling the MyCareer mode this year tbh, just seems rushed. I was NXT champ after like 4 matches, they try to insinuate that you're some sort of indy prodigy lol. I'm primarily a universe player anyways though, and for that this year is very nice. Love the character additions as well as the new holding grapple system and the match options. Really wish Andrade, Velveteen, Kairi, Shayna & Sonya Deville would've made the cut, though.

lui

#5080  March 03, 2018, 09:21:47 am
    • USA
Berserk Band of the Hawk

Been trying to get into the Musou spin-offs as of late. Berserk is def fun as hell if not a little repetitive. Im just glad it goes past the Golden Age Arc lol

FE Warriors

Been playing this around the time DLC1 came out and holy hell it is addicting. I've easily spent over 100 hours into it once I got both released DLC packs and I'm still not completely done. Easily one of the best Musou games around.

Hyrule Warriors

Been wanting to play more of this but I'm actually just gonna wait for the Switch version before diving head first since that is gonna have a massive amount of content in it. From what I played though I love that it's a big love letter to the Zelda franchise as a whole

Musou All-Stars

Def the most underwhelming game of all the Musou's in this list. The roster is neat and the visuals are nice and all past the clashing Art Styles but there just isn't barely anything to do outside of the missions and no replayable missions really hurt that.