YesNoOk

"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Read 54460 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 am
Share this topic:
"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff
New #1  November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Alright boils and ghouls, it's time for the super fly vampire whose fighting style seems suspiciously familiar to some other fighting game characters. That's right, Demitri's getting an early release for Halloween!

a couple of things to note:

- Demitri's gameplay isn't 100% the same as the rest of my characters, there's a lot more Darkstalkers influence. It's pretty similar to what PotS did with his Lei-Lei.
 - the effects aren't done yet, but it's gonna be extremely simple to swap them out for the final, hi-res versions when they're ready, so why bother waiting?
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:12:31 am by Jmorphman
Re: "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff
#2  November 01, 2017, 01:09:46 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wow, what a spooky surprise for this Halloween! :ninja:

Gonna check it out, thanks! :D
#3  November 01, 2017, 01:18:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Hah, knew you couldn't resist a Halloween release. And I'm glad you did; it just had to be done.
#4  November 01, 2017, 01:52:45 am
  • Hi my name is Dave, i am a SFZ3 addicted
    • Brazil
i've been waiting for this one for a long time, thanks man
#5  November 01, 2017, 03:11:42 am
I knew you were pushing for an early release, great job, you've smashed it again !
#6  November 01, 2017, 03:17:40 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
He turned out very nice.
(Personally though, I prefer him with a shadow, but fortunately, that's nothing I can't "fix" on my end. ;))
#7  November 01, 2017, 03:25:44 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
When I read "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff "I thought it would be a char in the" CVS arrange "style with power charge, super Lv1, Lv2 and Lv3 and despite being an excellent creation, I ended up a little disappointed because it was a char in the "Darlstalkers" style but good work anyway.
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:52:14 pm by Rtrindade
#8  November 01, 2017, 03:41:43 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I had way too much fun with this Demitri with tag team. Excellent work. Love the A.I. as well.
Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:46:20 am by ReduxMercenaryT
#9  November 01, 2017, 03:58:02 am
    • USA
Hah, knew you couldn't resist a Halloween release. And I'm glad you did; it just had to be done.
I've never worked under a deadline before in MUGEN, but the timing was too perfect; I had to make sure it was done in time for Halloween!

He turned out very nice.
(Personally though, I prefer him with a shadow, but fortunately, that's nothing I can't "fix" on my end. ;))
Don't forget about the afterimages! And I guess the bats and stuff!

MCX

#10  November 02, 2017, 04:21:28 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I must say that Demitri, plays very well (at the beggining I disliked that he doesn't have a power charge) but now,I know that it fits so well without it and he is an awesome opponent, Congratulations for making another great char
#11  November 02, 2017, 05:40:44 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good show mate,I'm going to wait and enjoy my candy with all the fx treats.lol
#12  November 02, 2017, 07:41:08 am
Me too but he seems cool...I just don't want to re add if the update is soon
#13  November 02, 2017, 04:12:07 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
When I read "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff "I thought it would be a char in the" CVS arrange "style with power charge, super Lv1, Lv2 and Lv3 and despite being an excellent creation, I ended up a little disappointed because it was a char in the "Darlstalkers" style but good work anyway.

You just read my mind Mister... :(
#14  November 02, 2017, 04:44:30 pm
    • USA
It's still PotS style! It still counts! It's just not the PotS style most people think about, cuz it's like PotS's Lei-Lei! ;P

Also, you can enable super pause using the config file for a more CvS feeling!!!

I must say that Demitri, plays very well (at the beggining I disliked that he doesn't have a power charge) but now,I know that it fits so well without it and he is an awesome opponent, Congratulations for making another great char
I definitely think giving him power charge would be too much, he's scary enough as it is. But I just remembered that while PotS's Lei-Lei does drop the standard parry, power charge, and custom combo, she does still have a dodge and roll. I'm not sure that Demitri really needs those, but I might as well add them in the next update, if only to make Demitri and Lei-Lei match up better. Just gotta figure out what sprites/animations to use for those...
#15  November 02, 2017, 05:18:14 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
It's still PotS style! It still counts! It's just not the PotS style most people think about, cuz it's like PotS's Lei-Lei! ;P

Also, you can enable super pause using the config file for a more CvS feeling!!!

I definitely think giving him power charge would be too much, he's scary enough as it is. But I just remembered that while PotS's Lei-Lei does drop the standard parry, power charge, and custom combo, she does still have a dodge and roll. I'm not sure that Demitri really needs those, but I might as well add them in the next update, if only to make Demitri and Lei-Lei match up better. Just gotta figure out what sprites/animations to use for those...

I am down with that. You could also give him a config file for having an option to turn on/off power charge but that would probably be too much work.
#16  November 02, 2017, 05:20:12 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Glad that you did Demitri in that way Jmorph. Thanks for another masterpiece! ;)
#17  November 02, 2017, 11:18:15 pm
In my opinion a power charge would be too much, he's strong,fast and can dish out lots of pain.
If you add power charge people would just spam the projectiles and teleporting drill.
Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:23:28 pm by PeXXeR

MCX

#18  November 02, 2017, 11:55:22 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
In my opinion a power charge would be too much, he's strong,fast and can dish out lots of pain.
If you add power charge people would just spam the projectiles and teleporting drill.
Exactly. He's too powerfull as it is
#19  November 03, 2017, 12:34:49 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I'm down with the idea of giving to him Dodge/Roll, as I missed this feature inumerous times up to now - performing the Dark Force instead.

I think his diagonal jump frames suits for a roll animation......
#20  November 03, 2017, 12:40:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Dash frames would be better-suited.