YesNoOk

Dr. Wily (MvC Inspired) - Update 11/03/17 (Read 55978 times)

Started by NDSilva, September 14, 2017, 06:20:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dr. Wily (MvC Inspired) Released
#21  September 17, 2017, 09:04:08 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

What can i say, EPIC job Silva! :D
#22  September 19, 2017, 03:13:49 am
Finally got a chance to check him out - absolutely fantastic work!  He's fun to play as and fight against, really unique play style.  Haven't run into any bugs or issues yet, but will let you know if I find anything.
#23  September 25, 2017, 12:33:02 am
    • Japan
    • ec19214@s.okadai.jp
#24  September 25, 2017, 07:09:46 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hi, I'm glad you liked Dr. Wily! I also find his japanese voice pretty good :p

An A.I patch, eh? I'm curious to see what improvements you made. Gonna test it as soon as I get a chance! :thumbsup:
#25  October 03, 2017, 09:43:22 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Heya, this is just a suggestion... I love the way the lights on the side of Wily's ship change color in your gif

If you wanted to implement this, instead of redoing all your animations which would be a huge undertaking and would have choppy results when changing animations, you could instead color separate all the sprites so every 2 squares are each slightly different colors, and every 3rd square is the brighter color (you'll need 3x the color slots for the lights that you are currently using).

Then, duplicate all your existing Pals so you have 3 sets, and change the group number on the duplicate sets. Example: 1,1 - 1,10 (set 1) // 2,1 - 2,10 (set 2) // 3,1 - 3,10 (set 3).  Adjust each pal, swapping the colors for the side lights - otherwise, the pals are identical.

Finally, use "RemapPal" controllers in State -2, something like this:
Spoiler: RemapPals in State -2 (click to see content)

#26  October 07, 2017, 09:47:45 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Haven't been around here in awhile, what an awesome surprise to come back too! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work, he came out fantastic, a lot of fun.
#27  October 07, 2017, 03:41:27 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
I didnt play it yet, but THIS is what we need in mugen!

More original creations that play and look so awesome!

I can tell from the shots he is a great character!
#28  October 07, 2017, 06:21:36 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@altoiddealer:
Yo, I'm a fan of characters that make good use of the RemapPal technique :D However, with all the avaiable slots filled in Wily's current palette index, I would need to make a extensive palette revamp before attempting to apply the new effect.
Yeah, I can considerate this in a future update. But then the missing weapons mentioned in the WIP thread will need a new color treatment as well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Original experience in MUGEN is the way to go!

It's also great to see that no gigantic bugs were adressed to him at this point, by the way. :P
#29  October 08, 2017, 03:50:20 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Pulling the FX and dust out of the player pal would be good :)  I know pal work is a pain in the butt

#30  October 19, 2017, 10:12:15 pm
    • USA
Okay, I'm gonna give a bit of criticism.

I feel like Wily shouldn't be able to guard. He already has hyper armor all the time. And can't really be properly comboed. This just feels like a bit much.

Next, I feel he attacks a bit too fast. Often times when you hit him, he immediately starts attacking again after your hitbox ends. So if your move has even a BIT of end lag on hit. He will punish it. It's also extremely difficult to get out of the corner if he gets you there.

For characters who lack a super jump. He can be VERY hard to hit sometimes. And combined with the other issues I mentioned. This can make dealing with him very annoying.

And last, but probably most importantly. His attack attributes aren't set correctly. His bubble and blue splitting projectiles don't count as projectiles. So if a character is normally immune to projectiles during their move. He can still hit them out of it with those moves.

So.... Yeah, that's the issues I managed to find with him. But, I do feel he has great potential. If polished up properly, he could make an excellent boss character.
Re: Dr. Wily (MvC Inspired) - Update 11/03/17
#31  November 03, 2017, 06:01:57 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@_Data_Drain_:
Spoiler: About Feedback (click to see content)

Ohh yeahh, seems like it's the best time to bring some updates to Dr. Wily! The update is small, but still quite important I think:
  • Fixed hit attributes for projectiles
  • Fixed Assists icon position during Simul mode
  • Edited Metal Man assist to always face the enemy, to approach his abilities to Mega Man 2
  • Implemented a PalFX to the hyper assists, if fighting against determined Robot Masters

The download link remains the same. :)
Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:19:20 am by NDSilva
Re: Dr. Wily (MvC Inspired) - Update 11/03/17
#32  November 14, 2017, 07:38:57 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Good job NDSilva. Well done.