YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 999284 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#521  November 04, 2017, 11:46:12 pm
Faulconer's tracks were used in the GBA videogames, "The Legacy of Goku" series.
#522  November 04, 2017, 11:48:25 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ah drat, you're right, I forgot.  And I played all those, too.  D'oh.
#523  November 05, 2017, 12:05:12 am
The Games which has Bruce Faulconer's soundtracks are Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku 2 and 3. These are Gameboy Advance Games.
#524  November 05, 2017, 02:04:03 am
    • USA
#525  November 05, 2017, 02:15:31 am
    • USA
Bleh, you guys and your sensitive ears.  It's just klaxon music.  Metroid patented it. and that's all beloved and whatnot :P

Eh, it ain't perfect, but it works well for the series.  And it just made a number of scenes that the original dropped the ball on.  And vice versa, but still, it practically made the whole scene for Super Saiyan 3's reveal to Babadi.

By the way, silly question, but back on the game, the commentator voice pack, that's just the announcer for the matches, yeah?  Not something I'd typically purchase, so just curious what the deal is.  Would be amusing if it included the World Tournament announcer guy with the shades.
#526  November 06, 2017, 11:47:15 pm
#527  November 07, 2017, 12:05:44 am
that article said:
When a new game in a series comes out, it's expected that development on the older one will cease as everyone, fans and developers alike, move on to what's new. That's not to be the case with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Dragon Ball FighterZ
Well it's not actually made by the same people so that's kind of a dumb thing to say. And the recent announcements for XV2 have nothing to do with FighterZ, obviously the "new form for Goku" is the new form he's getting in Super. Eh, I don't really see what kind of collaboration these two games could have, I'm not expecting much from it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#528  November 07, 2017, 12:41:07 am
    • USA
Probably just costumes. I wouldn't mind getting A21's costume for my female saiyan :P
#529  November 07, 2017, 12:44:35 am
Oh, yeah, for XV2, the costume is a given. But for FighterZ -- well, maybe it'll be a bit more obvious when we learn more about the online stuff like the lobby.
If it's just lobby avatars and stickers it might as well not be there.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#530  November 07, 2017, 01:22:59 am
    • USA
Well, that fuzzy picture of what people are presuming is 21's transformation does also vaguely resemble the female Majin Xenoverse has going for it, plus most if not all recent games ever since Battle of Gods have been pushing for this Time Patroller alternative universe thing, so if Fighterz is tied to the same alternative universe that Xenoverse and Heroes and whatnot conscribe to it'd be cool if Fighterz could read your Xenoverse 2 saved data for characters of the custom races that would be in Fighterz.
#531  November 07, 2017, 01:42:50 am
most if not all recent games ever since Battle of Gods have been pushing for this Time Patroller alternative universe thing
Just a reminder for context, that came from the Dragon Ball Online canned MMO game from Korea or China or wherever, and that was salvaged and popularized through Dragon Ball Heroes years before Battle of Gods. Just thought I'd mention it following the earlier discussion about how Xenoverse saved the franchise in games - it was maintained alive through DBHeroes as an arcade card game for years in Japan, and everything that came after vastly followed that (and it took a long ass time of fans wondering if that would ever make it through to the main franchise, and boy, did it).

Well, that fuzzy picture of what people are presuming is 21's transformation does also vaguely resemble the female Majin Xenoverse has going for it
I almost managed to forget that theory already ! It was part of the story trailer which is basically entirely about androids so I still don't see that happening. Using the same data for your custom character might be too much because it would force FighterZ to recreate all the moves available in XV2, and then you'd only see the one character you have, it'd be a massive waste IMO. That's why I don't see what they could do that would matter. One specific character would be the best bet, but it'd feel kinda arbitrary. I'd much sooner take a Freeza race hero than female Buu, for example.
Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:47:39 am by Byakko
#532  November 07, 2017, 02:18:14 am
    • USA
Oh, I wasn't picturing having every move every from Xenoverse being redone for this game.  At most, they'd have really basic characters with limited movepools you'd fight like, sorta like the  throwaway Tarkatans and ninjas in MK9/X, but if you have the save data it'll use their facial features and colors.  Ignore the outfit altogether, things probably get out of hand if you have, like, that pre-order gold and crystal Saiyan armor transferred from the first game into the second, then into this.  In fact, make a nice new original outfit for this game, and that could be transferred back to your Xenoverse 2 character.

And yeah, I guess they did all come from those games, didn't mean to overlook, just referencing the shared universe's rise in popularity at least here in the west since.
#533  November 07, 2017, 02:30:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh, yeah, for XV2, the costume is a given. But for FighterZ -- well, maybe it'll be a bit more obvious when we learn more about the online stuff like the lobby.
If it's just lobby avatars and stickers it might as well not be there.

Trunks costume wouldnt be that hard.
#534  November 10, 2017, 04:20:01 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Well, if it wasn't for DBZ's extreme popularity in the US then this game wouldn't have been made.
Uh... that's bullshit. Dragonball is just as popular in Japan.

That's true... but in the stretch of 1997-2002, the whole franchise was considered dead in Japan. There was a recession in the Japanese anime industry plus  GT was unpopular and made Japanese fans lose interest with Dragon Ball.

It's only after the west fell in love with the series when things were back on track.
#535  November 10, 2017, 04:23:05 pm
no.
#536  November 10, 2017, 05:47:07 pm
It's only after the west fell in love with the series when things were back on track.

Yeah no, if that were true we'd have a new entry in the series loooooong before super came out ex. look up Big O.
#537  November 10, 2017, 08:04:21 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
#538  November 10, 2017, 08:31:57 pm
Dragon Ball didn't revive because of interest from the West. Toriyama decided to return and do the "Goku and friends return" short movie in '08, then in '10, DB Online came out in Korea, followed by DB Heroes in Japan. None of that saw the light of day in the West, so it's just plain stupid to think it had anything to do with interest in the series from the West.
And then Toriyama decided he wanted to pick up his ideas where he left them and did Battle of Gods, then Resurrection of F. Xenoverse picked up after the stuff invented for Online and Heroes, and then Super followed the two movies.

None of that had any influence from anywhere in the West. It's all Japan and Toriyama himself. Stop claiming the West "falling in love with it" had any effect. Not to mention that the West fell in love with Dragon Ball long before 2002, as early as it came out, in the '80s and '90s. It's called Europe.
#539  November 10, 2017, 09:42:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
DB was a massive hit in Latin America long before the gringos fell in love with their shitty English dub too. America is just a small part of DB's market.

lui

#540  November 11, 2017, 12:08:03 am
    • USA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAQuOkfM4g[/youtube]
You have my immediate disrespect if you can't get behind Faulconer's soundtrack.

wow, that's an extremely narrow-minded and such a stupid thing to say. I like the Japanese soundtrack better and so does a lot of people. deal with it.