YesNoOk

"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Read 54445 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff
#61  November 14, 2017, 09:04:37 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ahh nice. This might sound a lot but can you please update Terry by CrazyKoopa or QB, make Yamazaki and update
all of your characters?
Sorry, I don't take requests.

On the topic of the Chun-Li recoding: Capcom has actually given been Chun-Li's lightning kicks inputs to do them, will you be doing the same with your own?
Chun-Li's Hyakuretsukyaku will be handled the exact same way I handled Joe's TNT Punch: HCF+K will make the move come out, but so will mashing kick!

I've found a big bug:

When Jesuszilla's Alex does Stun Gun Headbutt on Demitri, he just lays on the ground and doesn't get up:
Whoops, was trying something out with JNP and didn't really test it at all. For a quick fix (cuz I'm not ready to release an update just yet), just change his liedown time to 30.

To add the Midnight Bliss victim death sound, The group is 9021 and the index is 0
Umm, cool? I know about that, though, and Demitri already supports that standard: he not only has his own 9021,0 but he also has the opponent play their respective MB voice.
#62  November 17, 2017, 12:05:17 am
    • Germany
    • Joyeljayasinghe@outlook.de
Sorry, since i've test your Demitri(also calling PotS-Style(in really not), DarkStalkers-Styled), i don't like it,
because of the Non-PotS: DarkStalkers-Styles, that remembered me on PotS DarkStalkers-SystemStyled Hsien-Ko without KOF98UM(Standing-,RollEvade&PowerUp)-, StreetFighterAlpha3(SuperartsLv.:1-3),
that making everytime pissed me off, i know you given all your best, but it pissed me off, i'm very sorry.

lui

#63  November 17, 2017, 12:09:09 am
    • USA
lmao it is pots style. its based on lei-lei which used this kind of system. dont tell him what it is and what isnt when he clearly states it in the first post.
#64  November 17, 2017, 11:06:43 pm
    • USA
I had no idea doing a character in the style of PotS's Lei-Lei would be so controversial. :(
#65  November 17, 2017, 11:48:24 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Not so much, when you released him I tough that a huge amount of people would come crying asking why he doesn't play like they want. At least here I only saw one guy complaining about it.
I really apreciate when creators try to do something different.
If you were being sarcastic just ignore my post.
#66  November 17, 2017, 11:54:53 pm
    • USA
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely surprised. It's not like I didn't tell people that he'd play like Lei-Lei!!!
#67  November 17, 2017, 11:57:56 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
i usually go for any pots style creations but have a few ones that aren't pots style, there have been different types of pots style some people make there own version that have some differences then others don't see why someone would be pissed off about it

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely surprised. It's not like I didn't tell people that he'd play like Lei-Lei!!!
Lol, You would think they would read the first page
I need more PSN friends
#68  November 18, 2017, 12:22:11 am
I wonder why people dont bitch about the infinite( not the creator) stuff not being pots style.. oh wait,  IT HAS THE SPARKS SO IT MUST BE POTS.
Anyway, if he had a dodge  and a roll in the initial release no one would have said a thing, meh, its a great char people not using him are missing out.
#69  November 18, 2017, 02:28:42 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#70  November 18, 2017, 02:32:58 am
  • Niigasan
hes def fun still i guess the dude just aint use to change
#71  November 18, 2017, 06:31:45 am
    • USA
#72  November 18, 2017, 06:57:13 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Man, and you WILL find some men, who will cry about him not having a Custom Combo it way it usually it. And it's all because you called Demitry a "P.o.T.S. Styled" character.
You see, there is already rule around here, that "P.o.T.S. Style" is gameplay AND decor way you personally used for all your previous work. They just or don't know, or prefer to forget that P.o.T.S. himself kinda didn't have a STYLE of his in its true way. He wasn't restricted to this CFJ-like CvS style like we are now. Sh*t, most of his characters are kinda different from each other. We already, in fact, supposed to have minimum 4 P.o.T.S. styles if we will count (Guy, Nakoruru, Nash, and Style that became the only one...).
So, yeah. Just sayin': if you're calling a character P.o.T.S. styled nowadays- that means you're calling him CFJ-CvS Styled, and people don't want to know about no Lei-Lei or something. ESPECIALLY if all your previous work before DID have such style. So, it would be a REALLY nice decision to call it a Custom Style for now, pal.
#73  November 18, 2017, 07:31:53 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It's not a "Custom Style", though. Demitri, like every single other character he's done, is a meticulous attempt to make the character following the "rules" established by the Original. That's what makes him Jmorphman, and if people can't read then they deserve disappointment.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

lui

#74  November 18, 2017, 08:18:50 am
    • USA
It's not a "custom" pots style when pots literally did this kind of formula with lei lei which is still considered pots style.

Jesus when you omit power charge and roll some people go fucking apeshit
#75  November 18, 2017, 09:36:48 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
And that's what I'm talking about. It seems that nobody cares nowadays about what's REALLY a P.o.T.S. styled character.
This Demitry IS P.o.T.S. styled character. It's based on one of his characters, it repeats main of his principles. Afterall, it IS experimentally different from what Jmorph did before, just like P.o.T.S. did. But people won't give a damn just because someone put a stereotype that P.o.T.S. Style is one we all know and love, kinda forgetting that this style doesn't defy P.o.T.S. himself. If people SEE a "P.o.T.S. Styled" in the name, then it just shall be the style he used for his Geese, not any other of variations created by him. All the other stuff for them is Custom.
And that's actually sad...