YesNoOk

Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER (Read 337600 times)

Started by M206, June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW mid/high kicks PAG.12
#241  November 22, 2017, 04:24:23 pm
unless we forget...cool work

thanks! ;)

Yeah, those are really looking nice!

thanks! ;)

Love this Sagat. Blew thru 10 arcade runs. Love the melee combo system.(Should be a new style of gameplay call it M206 :p) So, You've updated him? I've notice the new stance followed by your update on kicks so Can I redownload? Or its still a W.I.P.

thanks! ;) i saw your youtube video with my Sagat, no, i didn't uploaded the new version yet, so you have to wait some more time. ;) ;)

then i've had a strange idea.. maybe the sprite edit to remove the eyepatch and chest scar could become useful.

I think that, with a sprite set with no eyepatch and no scar, and maybe no lateral pant stripes, then, simply reducing properlythe scale (and maybe remove the stance distance system) and use the right palette color, i could obtain a new bruce irvin - tekken style.
Of course i'd delete all the sagat sf stuff (tiger shots, tiger uppercut, all kind of projectiles, ect), and i think i'd be quite ready with most of tekken combo / move list from bruce irvin.

what do you think?
#242  November 22, 2017, 04:40:37 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
I think that you should release an update from time to time  :P ;)

This way, there'll be backups of all differents versions
#243  November 22, 2017, 09:27:48 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com

thanks! ;)

thanks! ;)

Love this Sagat. Blew thru 10 arcade runs. Love the melee combo system.(Should be a new style of gameplay call it M206 :p) So, You've updated him? I've notice the new stance followed by your update on kicks so Can I redownload? Or its still a W.I.P.

thanks! ;) i saw your youtube video with my Sagat, no, i didn't uploaded the new version yet, so you have to wait some more time. ;) ;)

then i've had a strange idea.. maybe the sprite edit to remove the eyepatch and chest scar could become useful.

I think that, with a sprite set with no eyepatch and no scar, and maybe no lateral pant stripes, then, simply reducing properlythe scale (and maybe remove the stance distance system) and use the right palette color, i could obtain a new bruce irvin - tekken style.
Of course i'd delete all the sagat sf stuff (tiger shots, tiger uppercut, all kind of projectiles, ect), and i think i'd be quite ready with most of tekken combo / move list from bruce irvin.

what do you think?

I Think its a great Idea.  Those extra pals/stance/scales would come in handy. Scar & chest sprites are the boon. In future updates, make sure to make 2 def files. One with Tekken  style while the other traditional. Up to you.
#244  November 26, 2017, 10:22:14 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
His parry where he suddenly grabs the opponent out of a move feels odd. Is there a way of disabling this?
#245  November 26, 2017, 12:09:03 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Very nice work!
I could talk with you about let me use some of the sprites on MB-02 ;)
#246  November 26, 2017, 12:46:49 pm

thanks! ;)

thanks! ;)

what do you think?

I Think its a great Idea.  Those extra pals/stance/scales would come in handy. Scar & chest sprites are the boon. In future updates, make sure to make 2 def files. One with Tekken  style while the other traditional. Up to you.

well, if i proceed with this idea, it'll be a completely new char, not only a def files swap. ;) ;) let's see. ;)

His parry where he suddenly grabs the opponent out of a move feels odd. Is there a way of disabling this?

do you mean his 2 counter moves?? i took them from sagat Z by zamtong, if you want to disable them you could do whatever you prefer. ;) ;)

Very nice work!
I could talk with you about let me use some of the sprites on MB-02 ;)

thanks i feel honorated, maybe it's better to wait my (very soon) next beta release, i really changed a lot of things / sprites from the June release. ;) ;)
#247  November 26, 2017, 04:47:46 pm
you know what would be cool is if he had a change sides grab/clinch and knee

grap knee knee to the gut..press the left direction and he moves pl2 to the left side clinch and knee knee, but only make he so can change sides only so many times or he would just grab clinch and never let go lol
#248  November 27, 2017, 04:53:27 pm
you know what would be cool is if he had a change sides grab/clinch and knee

grap knee knee to the gut..press the left direction and he moves pl2 to the left side clinch and knee knee, but only make he so can change sides only so many times or he would just grab clinch and never let go lol

yes, i agree with you, i've already thought about it, but i think it's very difficult to code.. i found that the custom p2 states are a real nightmare for me to code.. :( :(

anyway here you are a new (joe higashi based) mp, performable as a combo only after the teep kick. ;)

Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW JOE MID PUNCH PAG.13
#249  November 28, 2017, 01:39:22 pm
nice
#250  November 28, 2017, 04:03:44 pm
  • always trying to edit mugen chars as original game
you should code the alternate guard trick to render sagat able to avoid opponent's throw like THE KING OF FIGHTERS alternate guarding technic
#251  December 06, 2017, 04:01:10 pm
here you are the new left hook punch (sagat Z based, bruce irvin inspired) + new slash low kick (bruce irvin inspired).

here you are in action:

#252  December 06, 2017, 04:58:40 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW left hook punch + slash bruce irvin low kick PAG.13
#253  December 07, 2017, 08:58:55 am
thanks!! ;)
Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW left hook punch + slash bruce irvin low kick PAG.13
#254  December 07, 2017, 09:31:03 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I dunno about hook, M206. It just looks like not working... I don't know, what exactly wrong...
And kick's turning segment looks strange. He does kick, he spins... Then he stops, and them BAM- and he is in recovering position. I'd personally suggest you a couple of extra frames to fill that hole.
#255  December 07, 2017, 10:19:08 am
that slash kick would be cool in a intro...just have him kick random things that either break and disappear or fly off the screen...kinda like piccolo's various intros

some ideas:

palm tree

bamboo

heavy bag

some scared guys holding up boards

etc
#256  December 07, 2017, 10:39:50 am
I dunno about hook, M206. It just looks like not working... I don't know, what exactly wrong...
And kick's turning segment looks strange. He does kick, he spins... Then he stops, and them BAM- and he is in recovering position. I'd personally suggest you a couple of extra frames to fill that hole.

about hook, it's not a classic boxing hook (like the right one), it's a mix between a hook and a jab, i think it quite resembles the one from tekken 6 bruce irvin. ;)

about the frames before the recovering position you're right, but unfortunately i don't have the right sprites to fill that hole, i'd have to search for some ones that could fit the job.

that slash kick would be cool in a intro...just have him kick random things that either break and disappear or fly off the screen...kinda like piccolo's various intros

some ideas:

palm tree

bamboo

heavy bag

some scared guys holding up boards

etc

this is really interesting, i'll think about this for sure, thanks, ;) ;)

#257  December 11, 2017, 06:23:34 pm
i've decided to divide 2 teep kicks, one light/low, the other strong/high, along with new elbow finisher:

i love the result. ;)
#258  December 11, 2017, 06:30:45 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
this is very nice

a detail: to my opinion, the elbow finisher should be an uppercut (in place of a "downcut")

i think that the whole animation ending would be more fluent (& realistic: imagine yourself doing the move -> it'll be very complicated to turn on yourself & then to hit with your elbow from up to down)
#259  December 11, 2017, 06:45:04 pm
so smooth, great job man.
#260  December 12, 2017, 02:41:48 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Sagat is officially revealed in SFV. It will be interesting to see if Capcom gave him a moveset as beastly as this Sagat.