YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549382 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#641  November 03, 2017, 08:19:52 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
^ Really digging the concept, nice to see another support hero joining in (I'm still hoping for another defense hero tho), she seems like a ton of fun

Here are some animations of what she can do in game and a description of her moves:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/moira/

Role
Support
Difficulty (2 stars out of 3)

Moira’s biotic abilities enable her to contribute healing or damage in any crisis. While Biotic Grasp gives Moira short-range options, her Biotic Orbs contribute longer-range, hands-off damage and healing; she can also Fade to escape groups or remain close to allies in need of support. Once she’s charged Coalescence, Moira can save multiple allies from elimination at once or finish off weakened enemies.

Abilities

Biotic Grasp

Using her left hand, Moira expends biotic energy to heal allies in front of her. Her right hand fires a long-range beam weapon that saps enemies’ health, healing Moira and replenishing her biotic energy.

Biotic Orb

Moira launches a rebounding biotic sphere; she can choose between a regeneration effect that heals the allies it passes through, or a decay effect that deals damage to enemies.

Fade

Moira quickly teleports a short distance.

Coalescence

Moira channels a long-range beam that both heals allies and bypasses barriers to damage her enemies.

Along with that, new map (Jeff said it's payload based iirc) and new animated short for Reinhardt:

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:28:50 pm by DelusionTrim
#642  November 03, 2017, 08:24:36 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Fucking yes I've been waiting for Reins' turn!
#643  November 03, 2017, 10:28:21 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
These animated shorts always look amazing, but I don't like seeing grandpa get sad.  :(

I'm liking what I'm reading about Moira's abilities.  A beam that damages opponents and heals her?  Sounds like a vampiric version of Symmetra's main weapon, which is a terrifying concept.
#644  November 03, 2017, 11:39:07 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Hey guys, as a holder of the Blizzcon ticket, I did the favor and screenshot something announced in the "What's next" part of the Blizzcon schedule.

Young Reinhardt, Ecopoint Mei AND a ton of Blizzard themed skins coming soon.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/926584802282635264

Video here, coming in 2018 with the new map.
Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:06:10 am by Hyogo
#645  November 04, 2017, 12:11:02 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I actually like that despite the fact Moira is in Talon, she ultimately has goals that benefit humanity while of course not really caring about how they reach those goals. It's the same way with Doomfist in that they have good intentions but as the old saying goes...

And atleast it seems like Moira is an off healer/damager like Zenyatta.

EDIT: OMG, that Ghost Widowmaker outfit(I forgot the Ghost who represents that the most...it's not Kerrigan but she was in that failed Starcraft Ghost spinoff game as the main character)!
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#646  November 04, 2017, 12:18:02 am
    • USA
Holy hell, they're actually admitting that they're giving Zarya a new skin.  Must be a real special occasion for them to acknowledge their red-headed stepchild like that.
#647  November 04, 2017, 12:50:41 am
    • USA
What's the problem with Zarya exactly? She got new event skins every now and then this year (Had to buy her last one for 3K because the loot boxes were a bitch this time :/ ).
#648  November 04, 2017, 01:42:10 am
    • USA
Zarya almost never gets anything good, and when she does they never announce it with a big reveal like every other character gets.  Anything they do for Zarya is done totally under the radar, like they're embarrassed or something.

I'm sure it's not on purpose, but there's the impression that Blizzard doesn't actually like Zarya all that much.  :P
#649  November 04, 2017, 10:28:29 am
Those skins look fantastic, definitely keeping an eye on Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya's and Roadhog when they become available.

Zarya almost never gets anything good, and when she does they never announce it with a big reveal like every other character gets.  Anything they do for Zarya is done totally under the radar, like they're embarrassed or something.

I'm sure it's not on purpose, but there's the impression that Blizzard doesn't actually like Zarya all that much.  :P

I really like Zarya's anniversary and halloween costumes :(

And she is just awesome, no way Blizz doesnt like her
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#650  November 04, 2017, 11:55:43 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
EDIT: OMG, that Ghost Widowmaker outfit(I forgot the Ghost who represents that the most...it's not Kerrigan but she was in that failed Starcraft Ghost spinoff game as the main character)!
It's Nova. This is just Blizzard going full circle as Nova has a Widowmaker skin in Heroes of the storm.
#651  November 04, 2017, 02:40:37 pm
    • USA
Moira story trailer:

#652  November 07, 2017, 05:09:02 pm
Moira is now live on PTR, if you're interested in trying her out you can do it now.

Speaking of PTR, there was a balance change to Mercy and Ana. Mercy's ressurection got a nerf where it now has startup (1.75 seconds, up from 0) and her movement speed is also slower during it, as for Ana she got a damage buff going from 60 to 70 (I believe before the nerf it was 80) which means she can now kill 200hp targets in 3 shots again.
#653  November 19, 2017, 12:39:10 am
So, who Else is trying out Moira? I'm really digging the character, probably my favorite one since Sombra (I do like Doomfist and Orisa regardless) and I think I'll play her a lot.

Only issue I'm having is some peeps are playing her like a dps and not caring much about the healing, which is quite a bummer.
#654  November 19, 2017, 12:47:11 am
    • USA
I haven't had a chance to try her in a real game setting because someone's always picked her before I can.  I've tooled around with her for a bit in training, and she seems interesting.  Although, it does feel super weird for a healer that her attack has infinite ammo and locks on while her healing is super limited and needs to be carefully aimed.  It's like a weird flamethrower-type spray of bio-slime.

I do agree that all the people playing her as pure DPS is annoying as shit, too.

#655  December 02, 2017, 12:50:24 am
Gonna go on a little rant.

So the latest PTR change now gives Mercy an option to look away and cancel her ress, however she still keeps the ability anyway, making her even more forgiving and harder to kill than she already is.

Then for some reason I decide to look up on the Blizzard forums (big mistake), and see a whole bunch of Mercy mains crying and saying that this is absolutely a nerf.

Honestly, fuck mercy mains. These sons of a bitches were crying that this broken ability is now counterable and it "destroyed" her even though she still very much picked, and now argue that this change in ptr is a nerf when it actually makes her even more forgiving than she is? Give me a fucking break, sometimes I legit don't understand Mercy mains because they make themselves seem like the victim a lot of the time.
#656  December 03, 2017, 05:46:12 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Gonna go on a little rant.

So the latest PTR change now gives Mercy an option to look away and cancel her ress, however she still keeps the ability anyway, making her even more forgiving and harder to kill than she already is.

Then for some reason I decide to look up on the Blizzard forums (big mistake), and see a whole bunch of Mercy mains crying and saying that this is absolutely a nerf.

Honestly, fuck mercy mains. These sons of a bitches were crying that this broken ability is now counterable and it "destroyed" her even though she still very much picked, and now argue that this change in ptr is a nerf when it actually makes her even more forgiving than she is? Give me a fucking break, sometimes I legit don't understand Mercy mains because they make themselves seem like the victim a lot of the time.

People in the forums don't know shit, news at 11.

But seriously, I keep flashing back to them bitching about Roadhog and D.Va being "nerfed" because with Roadhog they couldn't oneshot anymore...despite the fact that Roadhog can easily become the tankiest of all the Tanks due to his Take a Breather not only giving back 300HP but then negates 50% of the damage meaning good usage of it can even reduce the power of Ultimates to half of their effectiveness AND he still keeps his DPS AND he can still oneshot in ideal situations.

Meanwhile with D.Va, they kept complaining about how D.Va lost her tankiness and this is a terrible character...despite her Defense Matrix being OP as fuck and when THAT got nerfed, they started complaining again that she's no longer a tank...despite Defense Matrix can still eat a good Ultimate,  can still work fine as a quick projectile barrier AND she can now demolish characters with missiles and gain her AOD Ultimate even faster.

This is the same people who also pretend that Genji and Tracer aren't really a problem(when they actually are and one of the main reasons that non-mobility heroes are barely even able to keep up) and try and throw the stupid "git gud" meme around despite Mei being absolutely fucking terrible mainly BECAUSE mobility heroes can just LOL her attempts at freezing them and most of the Defense category in general being useless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#657  December 03, 2017, 06:49:32 pm
    • USA
Mei's not terrible against mobile heroes.  I take out Sombras and Lucios with her all the time, no sweat.  Most of the time you can take out Genjis super easy as they run straight at you thinking they can get a quick kill.  All you need is good aim and reaction time with her ice wall to pin them down, and be able to reasonably guess where they're going to move to.  Tracer's the only real hard counter I've run across with her because she can just teleport away.
#658  December 03, 2017, 07:21:12 pm
People in the forums don't know shit, news at 11.

But seriously, I keep flashing back to them bitching about Roadhog and D.Va being "nerfed" because with Roadhog they couldn't oneshot anymore...despite the fact that Roadhog can easily become the tankiest of all the Tanks due to his Take a Breather not only giving back 300HP but then negates 50% of the damage meaning good usage of it can even reduce the power of Ultimates to half of their effectiveness AND he still keeps his DPS AND he can still oneshot in ideal situations.

Meanwhile with D.Va, they kept complaining about how D.Va lost her tankiness and this is a terrible character...despite her Defense Matrix being OP as fuck and when THAT got nerfed, they started complaining again that she's no longer a tank...despite Defense Matrix can still eat a good Ultimate,  can still work fine as a quick projectile barrier AND she can now demolish characters with missiles and gain her AOD Ultimate even faster.

This is the same people who also pretend that Genji and Tracer aren't really a problem(when they actually are and one of the main reasons that non-mobility heroes are barely even able to keep up) and try and throw the stupid "git gud" meme around despite Mei being absolutely fucking terrible mainly BECAUSE mobility heroes can just LOL her attempts at freezing them and most of the Defense category in general being useless.

I can see what you mean, however you may be exaggerating a little. Roadhog was completely useless after they nerfed his damage, because that was literally all he had since he had no form of shields back then and now he does (albeit in a different way), and is useful but not OP.

D.Va is definitely not as OP as before when she was a DM Bot, her skill ceiling was raised too and she dies a lot faster (due to DM being justifiably nerfed, and because now she has to engage more upclose and chasing down enemies) along with just being more insteresting to play (I've always liked her, but definitely don't miss the DM Bot phase at all with this redesign). She is picked a lot but that may all come down to the dive meta still going strong since she has a ton of synergy with it.

As for Genji and Tracer, I would say at least Tracer is balanced. Genji may be broken here and there and even then it's not too many things, I would say the other DPS should probably a couple buffs (mainly Doomfist) to

Outside of Torb and Mei, the rest of the defense heroes have mostly been picked more recently. Bastion/Orisa combo has been a presence as of late and is actually a legitimate strategy on payload maps. Junkrat is now completely viable (his ult may charge too fast though). Hanzo and Widow are those characters that are a force to be reckoned with in the right hands, so it's probably best for them not to get huge buffs or anything.

Mei's not terrible against mobile heroes.  I take out Sombras and Lucios with her all the time, no sweat.  Most of the time you can take out Genjis super easy as they run straight at you thinking they can get a quick kill.  All you need is good aim and reaction time with her ice wall to pin them down, and be able to reasonably guess where they're going to move to.  Tracer's the only real hard counter I've run across with her because she can just teleport away.

Mei is definitely terrible against mobile heroes. Having good aim is nice, but it takes 1.5 seconds to freeze them with perfect aiming all the while taking damage from them (which can be enough to kill her, or forces her to go into Cryostasis and then whoever she was fighting against can escape).

The problem with Mei is that there are so many heroes that can get around her kit that it pretty much invalidates her role. Literally about 20 heroes can ignore her ultimate and freeze with the press of a button, even those that she is arguably decent at fighting against. Her wall is pretty much the best thing she can offer but outside of that she doesn't have much honestly.
#659  December 03, 2017, 07:41:27 pm
    • USA
IDK, I'm just talking from personal experience.  I never play competitive since the players there are absolutely toxic, so maybe I'm not seeing the high-level gameplay that you're talking about.  Long as I can funnel them to where I want them to go, I've never had too much trouble holding my own with Mei.
#660  December 03, 2017, 09:14:35 pm
    • USA
The entire game is balanced around Tracer yet she doesn't really have a counter, especially in high level play. I wouldn't say she's OP but she's the hardest character to counter in the game and one of the most used heroes in tournaments.

D.Va is super different nowadays and her changes could very well be seen as a nerf but it's the price to pay to improve her actual gameplay strategies and add more variety to the game. Roadhog was fucking busted though, there was no way to defend what they did to him. Luckily he's fine nowadays. Now Doomfist is the one that's still getting fixed.