Yeah i was watching the stream and i yelled so loud lol

im just glad it aint dead
Geralt of Rivia for guest character or riot
Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:04:16 am by Infinite kyo
Re: Soul Calibur VI
#3  December 08, 2017, 04:06:47 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm.  Either Mitsurugi cleans up incredibly well or we took a jump back in time.  Yet Sophitia's outfit and glimpses at previous cutscenes would suggest we're still going forward.

Regardless, glad to see it's still alive.
#4  December 08, 2017, 04:11:22 am
i would think this is a jump back in time since mitsurugi looks considerably younger and sophitia looks alive
#5  December 08, 2017, 04:13:36 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Could be pulling an MK9 and soft rebooting things after V's trashfire of a story.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#6  December 08, 2017, 04:24:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I'd kinda want this game to be series reboot, but MK dropped the sequential numbering for that (even if they ultimately restored it with X) while this is clearly SC "six".

Sophitia's design looks like her SCII outfit, so maybe it's a SCII-SCIII interquel?
#7  December 08, 2017, 04:29:48 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Got hyped when the announcer spoke and leads to the gameplay.  Also hoping it's a reboot that resets SCV's story.
#8  December 08, 2017, 04:34:46 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Fuck this if it's a reboot to SC. Mitsurugi looked the best in SCV and they're just gonna turn him back to his bland young SC self. Talim is too young during this time period and Bangoo will never be playable.
#9  December 08, 2017, 04:39:45 am
    • USA
I wouldn't mind it getting the Mortal Kombat 9 treatment.  SCV didn't exactly end in a doomsday situation as I recall, been a while since it came out and I played the story mode, but yeah, we can rewind a bit from the incest love story.  Though I gotta agree, Mitsurugi looked the best when he was older in V.

Might as well talk about it now that it's confirmed, but guest characters.  I've discussed with a friend about possible guest stars before a few times.  The Witcher guy seems viable, though I have zero interest in him showing up.  I think the two we agreed that would work, have some level of appeal without turning away old fans and be weird enough for their outlandish choices would be Naruto or a Digimon rep, both due to their good relations to Namco Bandai and general worldwide popularity.  More the later for Naruto, the former for Digimon, though it apparently has been doing well with Digimon Story.

Not that I particularly see either being used, Naruto would either need to be like Angol Fear or be weirdly realistic, and honestly WarGreymon could work but would be weirder than freaking Darth Vader and friends.  Yet Tekken had Gon, so hey.

Myself, if this was done a few years prior, could see and wouldn't mind Lightning of Final Fantasy fame.  But since then we've got a pair of new entries and Noctis, who's bizarrely over in Tekken now.
#10  December 08, 2017, 05:12:52 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
About time... V was, to be fair, a bit of a disappointment. The story left out most of the cast and felt rushed to me. The game play wasn't bad, but the character changes made things feel foreign. At least Asteroth kicks ass and if he's not in here, I'm going to riot.

Now since guests are a possible plan... My idea is this: Since you already have SNK and Namco team up for Geese in Tekken 7, why not bring in a fighter from Samurai Shodown for Soul Calibur VI? I'd gladly pay $100 if I can get Kyoshiro or Wan-Fu in this game... maybe an extra $25 for Neinhalt Seiger as well.
#11  December 08, 2017, 05:14:26 am
I am erect.

Undo the trash fire that was SC5's story and most of its characters, put SC2 or SC3's level of effort into the game, and I will be a very happy boy.

Give me Hwang back pls k thx
#12  December 08, 2017, 05:24:05 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Put me solidly in the camp hoping for a reboot or an interquel

V went off the rails too far

Of course I suppose that could be Mitsurugi's son Mitsurugi and Cassandra's daughter Sophitia
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#13  December 08, 2017, 05:25:04 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
Id be down for Haohmaru or Genjuro coming from SNK as guests

I kinda want Rock to return too
#14  December 08, 2017, 06:28:30 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
I'm so on this when it hits PC.

I hope Create a Soul comes back in this game.
#15  December 08, 2017, 06:42:43 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'm so glad that soul calibur's returning, i sure hope who the newcomers will be
#16  December 08, 2017, 07:57:49 am
  • The Goddess Returns
It's honestly hard to say if this will be a reboot because from what I heard apparently, there was some other Soul Calibur game that was released around the same time as Lost Swords(ugh...) which actually explained that Sophitia wasn't dead after all and she was somewhere else.

But hey looking at Mitsurugi, this could easily be a reboot-sequel like Mortal Kombat IX so who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#17  December 08, 2017, 08:09:00 am
    • USA
So hey, overlooked it before, but just noticing that they're skipping out on a Switch version.  Well, there go the dreams of Link returning.

Wonder why they opted out of a Switch version.  They got other games planned for it, prime opportunity to cash in on everyone being in love with Breath of the Wild as well.  Though I do suppose Link would be designed different than his Ocarina of Time version SCII used; bombs work different now, no mainstay boomerang or bow, even the Master Sword is downplayed, though I couldn't imagine they'd remove his signature weapon.
#18  December 08, 2017, 08:22:57 am
the switch is comparatively severely underpowered and they probably think it's not worth the effort
#19  December 08, 2017, 08:32:27 am
    • USA
Isn't Fighterz going on it?  How drastically different are we expecting this game to be over Fighterz? Evidently, I screwed up Switch with Steam.  I thought Fighterz was going to the Switch this whole time.  Whoops.

I'd like to argue that graphics also don't really matter, I'm enjoying Doom 4 being portable considerably more than sitting at a desk on a computer or laying on the couch for the Xbox, but I already know that isn't going to fly when trying to sell a product.  Still, what a damn shame.

Anyways, the official pages for Soul Calibur have been updating their profiles to match the announcement of the new game, and this is their current cover art.

So I'm gonna go lean now to yes, it's a reboot, considering they're showcasing the old Soul Calibur/Edge.

We also got new Mitsurugi artwork.
Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:46:25 am by Long John Killer
#20  December 08, 2017, 09:45:34 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
i would think this is a jump back in time since mitsurugi looks considerably younger and sophitia looks alive

maybe they are doing with Sophitia and Mitsurugi the same thing with Kazumi in Tekken 7 , in which she was a flashback character, I don't mind it for as long they give back Taki (While being aged) and Aean along with Ivy