YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1012199 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#5041  October 11, 2017, 02:01:18 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Blade Runner 2049

It sucks. Pace is incredibly slow, reminded me of Neon Genesis evangelion elevator or scenery scene that show nothing happening, maybe trying to feel expensive or extravagant where time doesn't matter.... I PLAY Township on my phone 5x during the movie in the cinema.

The movie itself feels like ghost in the shell v2.0 with annoying sound effect. And Ryan Gossling just copy paste his Driver character in it.

The movie also never explain the reasons behind all the important things.

Btw
Batista looked incredibly old,  no Sean Young, only her CGI from the first movie recreated here. That hologram girlfriend is next level...
Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:16:24 am by kakkoii superhero
#5042  October 11, 2017, 05:58:16 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
MLP The Movie.

Don't watch it. The 80's movie was better.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5043  October 11, 2017, 08:28:14 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

#5044  October 12, 2017, 12:12:16 am
    • Peru
The movie also never explain the reasons behind all the important things.
Not going into details here, but I watched the movie and, sure, they don't explain everything straight, but there's enough information to figure out/create theories about the big things.

#5045  October 12, 2017, 03:37:43 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
I thought the movie tended to OVERexplain themes and details

also lol @ complaining about a sequel to blade runner having a slow pace wtf were you expecting
#5046  October 12, 2017, 04:21:20 pm
    • Peru
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5047  October 13, 2017, 01:30:22 am
  • SNK is life
sure, they don't explain everything straight, but there's enough information to figure out/create theories about the big things.
Nah man. I went in cold, and I only understood half of it. And it was slow as fugg

#5048  October 16, 2017, 05:40:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Blade Runner 2049

Outstanding. A worthy sequel to the original, expanding on the themes and the world of the original, while still very much being its own thing; there's no moments of strained references to the past movie, or anything like that. That's a real rarity when it comes to these kinds of sequels to things from decades in the past.

It's also so fucking gorgeous, like, fuck. Give Roger Deakins an Oscar for this shit, he's been robbed of one for too many years! >:[

#5049  October 17, 2017, 12:07:08 pm
Videodrome.
i liked it very much. it tells the story of a guy who to intercepted a satellite signal from asia that broadcasts actual torture and murder in a creepy looking set. he thinks its fake at first and decides to investigate, which leads to more surreal things happening to him.
its quite scary, and very well paced and shot. the characters are all deplorable and flawed which was great
10/10
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5050  October 17, 2017, 02:31:13 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Howl

Tells the story of passengers on a train that malfunctions and now they have to deal with a werewolf.

Simple concept really and it's quite an enjoyable movie, I liked the setting and the suspense was there. The main issues I had was one specific character doing the dumbest decision ever and another one being such an ass... I know that it's a horror movie and I should expect cliches like these and stuff but they don't improve the movie in any way or any movie in that regard imo (Just harms them really), seriously wish directors could stop doing stuff like this altogether, it went from an 8 to a 7/10 movie to me.

7/10
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#5051  October 22, 2017, 02:42:19 pm
theres alot of good old movies that i've missed out on, so i made a list of critically acclaimed (or popular) movies that i haven't watched from the 70s up to 2000s.
don't know if ill watch them all but for now i watched those:

halloween (the 1978 one) 9/10
great movie, very atmospheric and disturbing. i really like michael myers in here. he's the embodiment of evil, a disturbed violent psychopath, just like how one of the characters described him. no tragic backstory, no bullshit, he kills because he can and wants to. the most disturbing kill is where he lefts a guy and stabs him through a door and he leaves him hanged and just stares at him, sent chills down my spine.
of course they had to ruin him in the remake and give him a tragic backstory.

one flew over the cucko's nest. 8/10.
holyshit this movie is depressing as fuck, but has alot of heart. good one

terminator 10/10
i liked this one. i watched it on tv five years ago and barely remember anything from it so i decided to watch it again.
the action is very impressive, the characters were very good (especially kyle reese).
the setting is quite interesting and has plenty of potential, potential that wasn't wasted because the second movie i watched was..

terminator 2 10/10
i didn't watch this one before. i loved it. the action was amazing, the cgi held up pretty well and the story was very well done.
i liked how they gave the terminator character development by making him understand the value of human life.
i also liked the t-1000 quite alot, he was very persistent and strong and he had his liqud metal powers that he was proficient with, and made him a very dangerous terminator. if john didn't have a terminator on his side aswell the t-1000 would've killed his annoying ass.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5052  October 25, 2017, 05:13:21 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Blade Runner 2049

Just got to see it, I was in awe throughout this movie. Literally everything about it, from cinematography to the soundtrack along with the characters and the setting were excellent. This is the kind of film that just reminds me why I love movies, and inspires me to do come up with ideas to do things.

Another thing I loved about it is that it's its own film, it's not like trying to set up multiple sequels so it can be like any franchise out there, I'm so glad it didn't head that direction.

One thing I hear a lot is that the movie mau be too long since it's 2:45 hours long, to me personally I was intrigued from the beginning to the end, to the point where I wasn't uninterested for a second during this film. Everything about it made me just feel in awe while watching it, in my humble opinion I don't know How anyone could find this movie boring, it's such a beautifulo movie to watch, and If Roger Deakins doesnt get an Oscar for this... man just give it to him, he deserves it. The soundtrack however also deserves recognition, it made every scene seem so impactful and real.

Denis Villeneuve once again proves he is one of the best directors today, from Prisoners, to Enemy, Sicário, Arrival (still have to see these last two), and now Blade Runner. This man is very talented and was definitely the right choice for this film.

10/10
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:23:01 am by DelusionTrim
#5053  December 04, 2017, 12:41:46 am
  • IRYO = I respect your opinion
  • IRYO If you don’t like things I like.
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/n00b12slab/
#5054  December 12, 2017, 12:40:59 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
So I just watched Justice League. It was actually pretty good. I'd give it an 8/10.

It's pretty simple and straightforward. And they're actually saving people's lives and they handled it better than Avengers Age of Ultron.  Batsie didn't steal the show. The only main flaw I see is the main villain. I wouldn't have mind if they just went with a new one and not some minor villain given some plot driven steroids.  May be a supporting villain too. There are a few cameos from other superheroes but I kind of wished there was more.

Note that I have never watched BVS and still don't plan to.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5055  December 14, 2017, 02:05:06 pm
came back from the cinema for the new StarWars, it was amazing, probably the best episode of the newer ones to be honest, and full with adorable creatures, those penguin like thing, fishy nuns, and crystal foxes were all adorable, comedy was quite nice too. 
#5056  December 14, 2017, 02:10:19 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
came back from the cinema for the new StarWars, it was amazing, probably the best episode of the newer ones to be honest, and full with adorable creatures, those penguin like thing, fishy nuns, and crystal foxes were all adorable, comedy was quite nice too. 

I hated it
#5057  December 14, 2017, 03:02:17 pm
really? to me it was much better than force awaken and not as sad as rogue one.
I don't dare to compare to the original trilogy, but to me it carries the same spirit. :neutral: money well spent for me.
#5058  December 14, 2017, 05:35:41 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
really? to me it was much better than force awaken and not as sad as rogue one.
I don't dare to compare to the original trilogy, but to me it carries the same spirit. :neutral: money well spent for me.

It was a really well done film but without giving out spoilers....
I dont like what happened to certain important characters.
#5059  December 15, 2017, 01:39:15 am
#5060  December 20, 2017, 08:37:05 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm kinda late to this thread but. I loved the new Star Wars. I absolutely loved it in a way I'd never connected to a Star Wars movie before.

Edit: And I totally see why fans of the original trilogy hated it. It destroys their beautiful, static, black and white characters, frozen in time. It dares to make them be flawed, face the grays. This is a Star Wars that totally speaks to me.
Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:51:07 pm by walt