YesNoOk

Gotenks Z2 [Project] (Read 349944 times)

Started by Daeron, June 06, 2015, 01:28:59 am
Share this topic:
Re: Gotenks Z2 [Project]
#541  November 22, 2017, 05:04:57 am
    • USA
gotenks is my favorite dbz character and he looks great i gotta say i love the z2 team and they do an excellent job on making these chars keep up the good work yall

#542  December 16, 2017, 11:35:15 pm
  • Just you're average teenage MUGEN player/YouTuber
    • USA
Heya, are you guys still working on this in 2017? @Daeron
#543  December 17, 2017, 03:13:42 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#544  December 18, 2017, 09:31:51 pm
  • Just you're average teenage MUGEN player/YouTuber
    • USA
Oh my lord I'm so hyped!  ;D
Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:32:56 pm by CyanGalaxyKid
#545  December 26, 2017, 07:34:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Portals!
#546  December 26, 2017, 07:37:31 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I love how this is executed! Very obvious that a portal is being used without seeing the enemy actually pass through the hole.
#547  December 26, 2017, 08:10:38 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I really like the concept!  Needs a good sound effect when going into the portal.  I like the sound effect transitioning into the other stage.

And of course that hitspark alignment :P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I think it looks great, but maybe to look slightly less gimmicky you could have P2 super quick spin/shrink into the center of the portal (Scale from 100% to 0.01% in just a few ticks), and vice-versa from the other side of the portal?

Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:14:19 pm by altoiddealer
#548  December 26, 2017, 08:32:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I can't do anything about that hitspark. The custom state moves the opponent to a different part of the stage. Notice the actual area of the bg doesn't match where the portal was.

There is a sound effect from entering but my sounds always record horribly for some reason

Not sure if the team would want to scale chars for it since it doesn't scale in source. I considered it

I'm glad you guys like the idea. The portal will only hit the opponent if they are in a hitstate. Wanted to add something unique to the mix
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:36:05 pm by Just No Point
#549  December 26, 2017, 08:45:01 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I can't do anything about that hitspark. The custom state moves the opponent to a different part of the stage. Notice the actual area of the bg doesn't match where the portal was
Could the enemy, background, etc all get higher sprpriority, hiding the spark completely?  Would probably look better

#550  December 26, 2017, 08:54:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Hmmm, I could try changing their Sprite priority for just a few ticks. Long enough to cover remaining spark anims. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!

@altoiddealer:
It's no good. Seems no matter what priority I set the sprites that hitspark is always on top.
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:09:33 pm by Just No Point
#551  December 26, 2017, 09:44:56 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
hmm... yep, that's annoying.  I have no other ideas, besides adding a complicated Cond statement to every sparkxy parameter checking portal existence, distance to portal...

In a fullgame you could just bury the enemy behind everything, and draw him on top as an Explod.  But outside of a fullgame the sprites will display out of scale when fighting chars with other coordinate spaces.

#552  December 27, 2017, 02:18:27 pm
    • USA
There is a way to put the enemy in a custom state without a hit spark, I think it would solve that hitspark problem. I'll dig up that code for you, I was using it in a project not to long ago.

*found it!*

You could use a projectile instead of a normal hitdef. I had my postype set to p2 for my project but I'm guessing you would have it set to P1 and offset to where you want the CLSN to be. I just used a blank animation with a CLSN for the projanim. I think I came across this idea when looking through Bane84's NES Game.

Code:
[State no]
type = projectile
trigger1 = ???
attr = S,NT
hitflag = M-
priority = 1, Miss
damage = 0,0
sparkno = -1
p2stateno = ??? ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
kill = 0
projanim = ???   ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
projremovetime = 1
;offset =
postype = p2  ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
numhits = 0
Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:39:02 pm by ink
#553  December 27, 2017, 02:47:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The portal itself isn't creating the hitspark. The hitspark was created by the attack the knocked them into the portal.
#554  December 27, 2017, 02:49:51 pm
    • USA
I know. I would remove the hitdef from that move and replace it with this projectile. That way there wouldn't be a hitspark. The projectile acts only as a hitbox.

You could always add the hit spark as an explod and then remove it quickly after if you wanted.
#555  December 27, 2017, 02:53:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I could make the spark as an explod but I'd have to do that for every attack he has. I just don't find it worth that much trouble =p
#556  December 27, 2017, 02:56:56 pm
    • USA
I was saying for just that one attack, because it would no longer have one. It does the exact same thing as the moves hitdef but without the hitspark.

I personally don't mind the hitspark but using a projectile like this would definitely get rid of it.
#557  December 27, 2017, 03:07:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You would still have the same issue with his other attacks. That finger flick is just his sHP. You'd still see the hitspark inside the portal with pretty much any attack that would knock them into it. Unless I'm not understanding you.
#558  December 27, 2017, 03:10:10 pm
    • USA
Fuuuck.... I understand now. I thought that was all one move for some reason. I didn't realize that you could push him in with any move.
#559  December 27, 2017, 03:18:45 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's no problem. I'd considered the explod method. I just don't think such a small issue is worth my time to do that with every attack =p

The portal is coded in a way where it is completely benign unless the opponent is in a hit state. It's like it's not even there. Just floating. Waiting for a poor soul to be knocked into it!
#560  January 02, 2018, 04:40:46 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
HELLO ALL YOU GOTENKS FANS!
THE RELEASE IS IMMINENT AND NOW STARTS THE HYPE!

Video (and music featured in it) by Apsandman.