YesNoOk

KOF XIII Maximilian Meyers and Maxy Meyers (Boxers Chars) (Read 43233 times)

Started by Mastertkof, October 22, 2017, 03:12:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF XIII Maximilian Meyers and Maxy Meyers (Boxers Chars)
#41  December 02, 2017, 04:11:23 am
it would be cool if you look at bi bang beat Burai yamamoto, rick strowd, Franco bash, little mac, balrog, tj combo, Vanessa, Heavy D, Dudley as references for certain animations
to get that boxer feel for the characters

interesting project
#42  December 17, 2017, 06:36:20 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
You're getting the inertia of the skirt wrong. As the body moves forward, the skirt will try to remain in its original position. This means that the skirt should be moving backwards in relation to the body, not forwards. (maybe once gravity kicks in and the skirt catches up with the rest of the body, it can overshoot and flap forward a bit).

Right now it looks like there's a puff of air coming out of her you-know-what (sorry for being crude).

I would also recommend giving her at list a tiny bit of windup before throwing her punch. It lacks impact otherwise. She should raise her hand slightly in front of her face and THEN throw her punch. Otherwise it looks like she's pushing something, not punching something. If you don't want to give it windup, at least have her twist her body a bit as well as twist her punching arm.
i will check some of that points, thank you!

it would be cool if you look at bi bang beat Burai yamamoto, rick strowd, Franco bash, little mac, balrog, tj combo, Vanessa, Heavy D, Dudley as references for certain animations
to get that boxer feel for the characters

interesting project

sure she wil receive alot of "inspired" moves, but something like Dudley and Vanessa, maybe other chars too

Walk Back Beta

#43  December 18, 2017, 09:29:21 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
rolling punch (hadou command)
(in game speed)
Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:02:27 am by Anderson Masters
#44  December 19, 2017, 03:01:21 am
Right now it doesn't look like the punch has enough momentum behind it to make her spin.  Make the wind-up to the actual punch more exaggerated.  Some other minor/major issues include odd foot placement in every animation, her hair moving backwards in her walking back animation, and so on.

Skirt animation starting to look better.
#45  December 19, 2017, 03:03:07 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
#46  December 20, 2017, 12:09:41 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Right now it doesn't look like the punch has enough momentum behind it to make her spin.  Make the wind-up to the actual punch more exaggerated.  Some other minor/major issues include odd foot placement in every animation, her hair moving backwards in her walking back animation, and so on.

Skirt animation starting to look better.

i will check about the hair in walk, i really agree with this, thanks...
about the move, this is like Ken's 3rd strike overhead, is a move with "walk" and planed to go foward after the punch, about impact, this will seems better in game (speed and align)

Make her torso lean back, not forward. She's moving backwards so her weight should be backwards too.

There's not enough wind up and her feet are all over the place. The alignment for that animation is going to be a nightmare. (Helios beat me to it)
the walk is based on her stand, and she really keep the head foward and down
i don't align it yet, just testing to see the efect of move, about wind up i will check it later and maybe add some more frames

ground punch

template

Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:15:06 am by Anderson Masters
#47  December 20, 2017, 11:04:06 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Upper Punch

Sakura Kusanago (Street Fighter) Pal
#48  December 21, 2017, 06:42:24 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
stand beta
#49  December 21, 2017, 07:18:12 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Here's the same sprite without the feet movement:

#50  December 23, 2017, 12:53:05 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
#51  December 23, 2017, 11:47:19 am
The rolling punch still has like, zero momentum behind it.  There just isn't enough wind-up to cause her to spin around like that.  Seems it may also benefit from a frame or two at the end to make the transition back to her standing state smoother.  So I guess some modification on both ends of the animation would help.

There are a couple of odd things about her walking animation too, but the most notable is her stiff front-facing ankle.  Look up some walk cycles online or even in fighting games (JJBA/VSAV/SF3 are fantastic references for all things walking related) to get a better flow going.
#52  December 23, 2017, 08:00:39 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
The rolling punch still has like, zero momentum behind it.  There just isn't enough wind-up to cause her to spin around like that.  Seems it may also benefit from a frame or two at the end to make the transition back to her standing state smoother.  So I guess some modification on both ends of the animation would help.

There are a couple of odd things about her walking animation too, but the most notable is her stiff front-facing ankle.  Look up some walk cycles online or even in fighting games (JJBA/VSAV/SF3 are fantastic references for all things walking related) to get a better flow going.

i'm thinking in change the style of develop.
at now i'm doing "beta char" only doing the renders and doing the automatic convert
and leting the 3rd step (pixel art) to the end, but i think, maybe better going to finish move by move

Reika Kitami Pal

Jab updated
#53  December 23, 2017, 10:56:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Your sprites are looking better and better.

The skirt in that jab moves in a unnatural way. It would not blow forward at all; it would blow back and them come back to a resting position.

Keep up the good work!
#54  December 24, 2017, 12:34:28 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Your sprites are looking better and better.

The skirt in that jab moves in a unnatural way. It would not blow forward at all; it would blow back and them come back to a resting position.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks bro! (only the first sprite"stand" have manual edit, all the others is only "renders" with some tricks)

about the skirt: i'm saving the bones on folders with each single frame, so i can edit later move by move, or just como sprites

rapid punchs

#55  December 24, 2017, 09:00:08 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury) PAL

Run Beta

Based on
#56  December 24, 2017, 10:13:57 pm
  • "THE WORLD"
i think the leg are to long
#57  December 25, 2017, 12:34:23 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
i think the leg are to long
i agree with you but this is an effect of the position more erect, on this method is impossible to "broke" anatomy, cause is a render of a 3D model with limits on joints of bones, this is not a stretch like Dhalsin, is only the angle and the pose
all those "sprites" is just renders with some tricks (after finish all the moves i will need to polish one by one in pixel art)

Vanessa pal 1

Vanessa pal 2

Back Dash Beta

#58  December 27, 2017, 11:43:43 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Roll Beta
#59  December 31, 2017, 06:54:21 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
some 2D work

render/manual edit

pure render

manual edit over the render

anyone there have a template for kof xiii code?

#60  January 04, 2018, 02:15:53 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil