YesNoOk

Chameleon Project (Read 31185 times)

Started by Rent, July 29, 2014, 01:22:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Darkside Chameleon
#21  August 07, 2014, 08:20:29 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What did you expect from a Chameleon in super early alpha development lol?

And the platforming is for the ice clones ::V
#22  November 16, 2014, 01:52:58 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Yes I'm bumping this because RENT said he release beta on the 15th... So I think that a reasonable reason... thx Rent.
#23  November 16, 2014, 02:35:36 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah man !!! You're supposed to give back your homework on time !
This is not acceptable.
Grade : F-
#24  November 16, 2014, 03:59:11 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
omg this is fucking crazy! best use of projectiles ive EVER seen. so weird...yet...so right. the coding must be insane for this. amazing work...this is gonna be awesome when its 100% done! great progress!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#25  November 17, 2014, 03:09:53 am
  • I'm a llama!
omg this is fucking crazy! best use of projectiles ive EVER seen. so weird...yet...so right. the coding must be insane for this. amazing work...this is gonna be awesome when its 100% done! great progress!
yes it looks like it has such high potential and with mugen on it's last legs we could use this...  Creators can learn from this.
#26  November 22, 2014, 01:38:25 am
  • GEE GEE
XD oh haha, well I feel uneasy releasing projects I haven't made significant progress in, but guess I could post a mini-mini-mini-progress update. I've just been working on the transformable characters:

So far I've only been able to bring Cage to sub-par "playable" conditions. This transform brings back the contra/commando theme & mercenary from a post-apocalyptic war background. He can switch between his gun and his knives -- which can change his playstyle from slow and ranged, to fast and melee.

Vela, the character I'm spriting now, is very goddess-like. She surmounts ferocity similar to Sula/Uranus ( from bloody roar) but has some composure of grace. I have tons of plans for Vela: Aside from her energy projectiles she'll use a chain whip (similar to Ivy from soul calibur). She will also be able to float and will have a very unique air-combo playstyle.

Honestly, I'm stuck on spriting, I'm a strong coder, but a very weak artist :( Each of the sprites are taking me 15-35 minutes to make (~400 sprites total). 150 sprites to go... BUT once I get over this barrier, I can start coding -- which is where the magic happens haha.

In the future, I'm going to change transforming to be more of a direct mechanic, because the current transformation system is just too hidden. In order to design the transforms to be more straight-forward, they will be directly accessible from Elemental Chameleon, instead of transforming to Darkside Chameleon, then transforming again. Each "acolyte" will be able to transform back anytime.

Additionally, I'm going to design a selection menu at the start of the match for quick access. Players will be able to select whoever they want before the match starts. the selection menu will look similar to the bottom row of this picture.

DOWNLOAD

this version has a lot of bugs cos its been restructured to accommodate many characters. But it does give you the opportunity to try out Doomslayer Cage: give it a try (first link updated as well).

TO TRANSFORM TO CAGE:
First trasnform to darkside chameleon [Hold C + Down + Down   --then->  Tap C + Down]
Then create a Forceball  [Down + Back + C]
Create Void Ball by casting Thunder near Forceball [Fwd  + Down + C]
Transform to Cage (be behind Void Ball)   [Down + Fwd  + C        --then->  Down + Fwd]
*this process will change in the next update.

---OR--- if you have the technical know-how you can open up the CNS file and want to try cage out directly, you can skip the transform heirarchy and use ctrl + F to find "Test", this should bring you to the character switch controller. In this controller, change var(0) = 0 to var(0) = 3
wat.
#27  November 23, 2014, 08:54:00 am
  • I'm a llama!
Character is looking very good and unique reminds me of Sean altly way of thinking very diverse ... we look forward to your imagination.
#28  December 28, 2014, 06:42:46 pm
  • GEE GEE
Updated chameleon, made some progress to conclude 2014.

There's a Character Select Menu that lets you select a sub-character before a match. Hold down during the pre-intro to access it.

Cage and Vela's designs are complete, but their damage, hitboxes and hitdefs haven't been worked on yet. Working on Vela's summoning mechanics. Cheers!

wat.
Re: Darkside Chameleon - Multicharacter
#29  March 28, 2015, 07:25:12 pm
Sorry if me botther any forum rule........ i wanna say that link for download is not working.  Is posible any solution for this?
thanks you.
Re: Chameleon Project
#30  October 06, 2015, 08:41:52 am
  • GEE GEE
Hey all, didn't feel like making a video, but here's an update: this is version 1.3 of the Chameleon Project. The Chameleon Project is a multi-character who can transform into other fully functional characters. This version, I worked on dynamic fatalities (which are far from complete) but I'm posting an update so that others can use my sprites for their projects. Otherwise, feel free to try it anyway!

NEW FEATURES

FIGHTER SELECT: Hold down as the match starts to select an acolyte fighter, otherwise you will play as chameleon.

TRANSFORMATION Transform into a different acolyte when you have a full energy bar [Press Dwn + Dwn + C]. You can play that acolyte until the energy bar drains out. Here's how to transform to a specific acolyte:

Dark [Dwn + Dwn + C]
Vela [Dwn + Dwn + C + Hold Right]
Cage [Dwn + Dwn + C + Hold Left]
Grim [Dwn + Dwn + C + Hold Down] (incomplete)
Zedd [Dwn + Dwn + C + Hold Up] (incomplete)

SPECIALS [hold back + hold C + Tap C] Each acolyte has a special ability that changes its gameplay. Cage can enhance his weapons, Vela can summon guardians and control them while flying, Dark can soul drain, chameleon can stand on ice clones.

FATALITIES (DYNAMIC) Each acolyte can trigger a fatality at 1/3 energy [Press Dwn + Dwn + C]. Both players will enter a mini-game, if the enemy survives, then chameleon will be put into dire low health, otherwise the enemy will be fatalized.

Dark's Fatality "Hara Kiri" summon 9 undead MK fighters, each zombie has 10 secs and 3 discrete HP (no attacks yet sorry!). To switch between zombies, press [dwn + dwn + c]. If your zombies defeat the enemy, they will be compelled to sacrifice themselves to join Dark's necroarmy. More zombie sets to come!

Vela's Fatality "Brutality" She flies in the air for a while, every move is a hyper move. If she's attacked, she activates her finisher

Grim's Fatality "Friendship" both players play a round of Stepmania. If enemy is more accurate than you, he can block your stepnote inputs. If you successfully survive, the MK fighters are waiting to party with you.

Cage's Fatality "Babality" 18+ only, no preview sorry folks. But yeah, since this is mugen, I "went there". To be fair, my version of cage just so happens to be from an aftermath future, in which one's goals are survival and procreation... and a babality didn't make sense in any other context.
Zedd's Fatality "Animality" (incomplete) will transform into the biggest baddest godzilla thing. I just have to decide what that is first.

Alrighty, so that concludes this update. Have fun and see you next year! Cheers.
wat.
#31  October 07, 2015, 05:41:55 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
Very nice, have to give this one a look,shame this thread has existed over a year &
 im just now seeing it
#32  December 31, 2017, 02:32:10 am
  • GEE GEE
Hello all, I've recently finished my commitment to Primal Rage II and have updated the Chameleon Project:

wat.
#33  December 31, 2017, 10:39:25 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks great, but how to download a demo ?
#34  January 01, 2018, 05:13:15 pm
I'm glad to see this is still going, it looks crazy. Great work.