Started by -Whiplash-, December 31, 2017, 02:04:15 am
Share this topic:
Professor Zoom
#1  December 31, 2017, 02:04:15 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey guys, after a long time. (I think a year?) Zoom's done.

Spoiler: images (click to see content)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsC-tMCYJYcZnMVgaxI1bdzWR9dfJA

He has a New 52 mode that changes his moves. (accessed by holding start while selecting him)

Spoiler: movelist (click to see content)

I'd like to thank Mon-el/Flashello for making the sprites and DukeNukem 2417 for the voice and both for being helpful and supportive during what turned out to be a 1.5 year long process, due to all the time I had to stop due to real life, as such, I don't know how good a lot of the older things I made actually are.

Feedback and bugs are much appreciated!
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:07:39 am by -Whiplash-
Re: Professor Zoom
#2  December 31, 2017, 02:22:14 am
Dope! I'll check it out.. 1 thing that always confused me is the differentiation between Reverse Flash and Zoom lol

off the video alone, I know I'll probably change the size of the char to match the other Flash(es) in Mugen
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:33:56 am by dakidbanks
#3  December 31, 2017, 05:14:35 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Dope! I'll check it out.. 1 thing that always confused me is the differentiation between Reverse Flash and Zoom lol

off the video alone, I know I'll probably change the size of the char to match the other Flash(es) in Mugen

It's quite simple, really, the reverse flash is a concept, every flash has one:
Jay Garrick's is the rival
Wally west's is Zoom (not Professor Zoom!)
Bart Allen's is Inertia
and Barry Allen's is Professor Zoom.

There's also a New 52 character called "Reverse Flash" but since rebirth we pretend he doesn't exist, it helps that he's dead too.

This the Professor Zoom version, The "new 52 Mode" is based on his New 52 Version, who had time-based abilities, which Zoom (wally west's reverse flash) also had.
Zoom is my fave reverse flash, and I had lots of ideas for him, which is why I made the "New 52 mode" for him, if he ever got his own voice clips, you could just edit his costume a bit and have a Zoom char made out of that mode.

Update:

- time stop no longer wall bounces after a wall bounce has been used
- gaurdsparks no longer travel up even if the opponent doesn't during reverse hurricane
- quantum counter now works when facing either side
- negative speedforce fury now really uses 3 meters
- damage on heavy punch lowered when using the clone
- clone no longer builds meter
- Terminal velocity now works properly on airborne opponents
- you can now spawn projectiles during time stop, you can only spawn 1 hyper projectile and two special projectiles, however.
- Can't do Reverse Hurricane in New 52 mode
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:38:42 am by -Whiplash-
#4  January 01, 2018, 10:46:44 pm
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
Wooow it's finally here  :yuno:

Glad to see you used the small portrait that I did  ;D
#5  January 03, 2018, 02:38:23 pm
Thanks for the release guys!!! :)

I think he has room for more attacks (kick buttons)!!

I think a better move forward and back wards can be made because its like his size is changing! I will tell Mon-el about it!! :)

#6  January 07, 2018, 10:15:33 am
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery

Wooow it's finally here Thanks for the release !!!

#7  January 07, 2018, 10:13:31 pm
I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to -Whiplash- for giving me the opportunity to voice Reverse-Flash (aka Professor Zoom); it was an honor and a privilege to voice the character.  I'd also like to credit the CW Flash series for the inspiration behind my performance. 

Unfortunately, I also have to mention that a certain individual (who shall remain nameless) has taken it upon themselves to accuse -Whiplash- of stealing the sprites used for this project.  This claim couldn't be further from the truth.  -Whiplash- and Mon-El both spent almost a year working on the sprites for this project---they developed the sprites together.  The allegation of "stolen sprites" stems from the fact that the accuser developed palettes for the character, to make up for the lack of palettes in previous beta versions; the "smart palette" meant to automatically assign colors for various palette slots had been configured incorrectly, and I sought the help of the accuser to create some temporary palettes based on the designs -Whiplash- had intended to use.  When the character was released, the palettes that were used consisted of a completely new set that looked strikingly similar to those made by the accuser, based on templates made by Mon-El.  Under the impression that his palettes were being used without credit, the accuser attempted to claim that the palettes were stolen, and has since moved on to claim that the sprites were stolen as well. 

NOTHING from Reverse-Flash was "stolen" from another creator.  Mon-El and -Whiplash- developed this character together for the better part of a year.  I was personally sent WIP pictures from both Mon-El and -Whiplash- over the course of last year, and was frequently given updates on the progress by both of them.   

It sucks that I have to post this wall of text just because of one disgruntled, misguided fool, but them's the breaks. 

Anyway, back to the positive: Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom is an awesome character, and I'm glad I was a part of the development.  :D
#8  January 15, 2018, 07:41:10 am
  • Amature Spriter, Voice Pack Maker, Friend.
I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to -Whiplash- for giving me the opportunity to voice Reverse-Flash (aka Professor Zoom); it was an honor and a privilege to voice the character.  I'd also like to credit the CW Flash series for the inspiration behind my performance. 

Unfortunately, I also have to mention that a certain individual (who shall remain nameless) has taken it upon themselves to accuse -Whiplash- of stealing the sprites used for this project.  This claim couldn't be further from the truth.  -Whiplash- and Mon-El both spent almost a year working on the sprites for this project---they developed the sprites together.  The allegation of "stolen sprites" stems from the fact that the accuser developed palettes for the character, to make up for the lack of palettes in previous beta versions; the "smart palette" meant to automatically assign colors for various palette slots had been configured incorrectly, and I sought the help of the accuser to create some temporary palettes based on the designs -Whiplash- had intended to use.  When the character was released, the palettes that were used consisted of a completely new set that looked strikingly similar to those made by the accuser, based on templates made by Mon-El.  Under the impression that his palettes were being used without credit, the accuser attempted to claim that the palettes were stolen, and has since moved on to claim that the sprites were stolen as well. 

NOTHING from Reverse-Flash was "stolen" from another creator.  Mon-El and -Whiplash- developed this character together for the better part of a year.  I was personally sent WIP pictures from both Mon-El and -Whiplash- over the course of last year, and was frequently given updates on the progress by both of them.   

It sucks that I have to post this wall of text just because of one disgruntled, misguided fool, but them's the breaks. 

Anyway, back to the positive: Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom is an awesome character, and I'm glad I was a part of the development.  :D

Definitly message me either here or on discord about this situation, I'd like to clear this up.

If there were any issues concerning pallets that were made for Zoom apon his release, and not being credited, then I apologize. I was not there when Whiplash officially released  Zoom to the public. Due to my crazy job hours at work around the holidays, I haven't been on my computer in Months. I had to fix up some sprites for the smart pallet even that I didn't have time for that Whiplash had to wing it so he could be released.

I Credit everyone that had helped or supported me in any way shape or fashion during the creation of this character. Whether they were Members of the Former Crusader Cast, Infinity Mugen Team, Atlas, or on Discord.

So I apologize for not being there when I was needed to. My life gets chaotic in between work you know so it gets  harder for me to get on the computer now.

Also, I can assure you, that I have never stolen anyone's sprites. "I REPEAT, I HAVE NEVER STOLEN ANYONE'S SPRITES....except Capcom's lol". Spriting the whole character I did my self, Like I did with Dr Fate, and with Jay Garrick, and I Have all my Original Frankensprites in my folders with dates that can prove this as well, and my gallery in PostImage's site as well.

Anyway, I hope that those who have downloaded him Enjoy him, now there's at least a true version of him for Mugen instead of just a color swap of just an existing Flash ala sic's or Trexrell's or anyone else's.
#9  January 15, 2018, 02:12:54 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
great job Mon-el and Whiplash. I support you Mon-el and know that you have been spriting Pro. Zoom for years. Its foolish for someone who doesn't even sprites to claim that you stole something from him. Anyways good luck to you and Whiplash on your future projects.