YesNoOk

Release Party - Burst Man (RMM) (Read 6894 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 30, 2017, 11:58:14 pm
Share this topic:
Release Party - Burst Man (RMM)
#1  December 30, 2017, 11:58:14 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
=========== | Top Man |==========

Sprited By: Magma Dragoon MKII
Coding: O Ilusionista
Mugen: Mugen 1.0
Data: 30/12/2017
Char number: 58

What is new?
– Bug fixes
– Improvements in codes, animations, FX and AI
– New fire FX
– Burst Warp now has a bomb inside it, which explods after some time. Input the same command to burst it manually.

This version is more recent than the last released in RMM.

============= | IMAGES | ============

============= | VIDEO | ============

=======================================================
Character Movelists
=======================================================

General Gamplay:
   * Dash Forward: F,F
   * Dash Back: B,B
   * Super Jump: D,U
   * Dodge in place: LP+LK
   * Dodge Forward: F+LP+LK
   * Dodge Back: B+LP+LK
   * Recovery Roll: Hold Forward or Back while recovering from lie down
   * Throw: Hold Forward or Back and Press HP or HK

B,F+P: Burst Tackle
QCF+P (air): Bubble Dive
DP+P: Upper Tackle
QCB+P: Danger Wrap

D, D, any button: Change Weapon
   LP: Salt Water
   MP: Napalm Bomb
   HP: Water Shield
   LK: Water Wave
   MK: Step Mine
   HK: Flash Bomb
QCF+K: Use Weapon

QCF+PP: Bubble Machinegun
QCB+PP: Burst Typhoon
QCF+KK: Hyper Dash
QCB+KK: Water Tornado

===================================
Download: http://www.brazilmugenteam.com
===================================

Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:50:15 pm by O Ilusionista
Re: Release Party - Burst Man (RMM)
#2  December 31, 2017, 02:03:57 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
My feedback for Burst Man is here (By the way, you listed Burst Man as "Top Man" on the picture):

-The fx where he lands on the ground after jumping is missing.
-The super jump fx looks different than the one from RMM (I'm starting to feel confused now that which fx is the one from RMM).
-Standing HK knocks the oppponent to the ground.
-His standing and crouching kick attacks doesn't use the kick sounds from his jumping.
-His crouching LP uses the fightfx's guard fx.
-His crouching HP has no guard sound.
-Water Wave is only blockable in the air.
-Flash Bomb uses the fightfx's guard fx.
-The drops on Salt Water is unblockable.
-Hyper Water Tornado is unblockable and does little damage after blocked (Unless it's supposed to be intentional to look like that due to the force of the tornado, the hit counter still shows looking like it successfully hits).
-Napalm bomb gets stuck on the sides of the stage if the characters move away to the side where it bounced.
-The explosion and guard fx on Danger Wrap is misaligned if blocked.
-The hitsparks are smaller to other RMM characters (Mentioned because of inconsistency).

I also noticed the special move where he traps the opponent with just a bubble from the old version is gone and replaced with Danger Wrap. Why is that? In my opinion, that was a good special for doing air combos. Danger Wrap destroys it completely because the mine will explode on impact if you hit the opponent with a basic attack, rendering it useless for doing air combos. Here's a suggestion, can you put that special back, but as a QCF+P ground move instead since he has no commands on it? Since the old readme doesn't have the move listed and has no official name, I would call the move "Bubble Wrap" since you called the bubble with a mine Danger Wrap.

Anyway, will post on RMM's release page when I have the feedback on all characters or removed if fixed before I'm finished with it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:13:55 am by SolidZone 26
#3  December 31, 2017, 03:16:27 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Thanks for the feedbacks, as usual :)

Here are some replies:

-The super jump fx looks different than the one from RMM (I'm starting to feel confused now that which fx is the one from RMM).
The one he uses should be the default one.

-Standing HK knocks the oppponent to the ground.
It´s intentional

-Water Wave is only blockable in the air.
My mistake. It should be blocked low.

-The drops on Salt Water is unblockable.
My mistake. It should be blocked High

-Hyper Water Tornado is unblockable and does little damage after blocked (Unless it's supposed to be intentional to look like that due to the force of the tornado, the hit counter still shows looking like it successfully hits).
Fixed.

-The hitsparks are smaller to other RMM characters (Mentioned because of inconsistency).
I've forgot to say - this should be the size of the hitsparks, and I've started fixing this with Burstman

I also noticed the special move where he traps the opponent with just a bubble from the old version is gone and replaced with Danger Wrap. Why is that? In my opinion, that was a good special for doing air combos. Danger Wrap destroys it completely because the mine will explode on impact if you hit the opponent with a basic attack, rendering it useless for doing air combos. Here's a suggestion, can you put that special back, but as a QCF+P ground move instead since he has no commands on it? Since the old readme doesn't have the move listed and has no official name, I would call the move "Bubble Wrap" since you called the bubble with a mine Danger Wrap.

This change was a request by Magma Dragoon himself. But I agree with you - we can have both moves.
I will upload the fixed version asap. Thanks!

#4  January 01, 2018, 12:51:52 pm
    • USA
I've forgot to say - this should be the size of the hitsparks, and I've started fixing this with Burstman

This change was a request by Magma Dragoon himself. But I agree with you - we can have both moves.
I will upload the fixed version asap. Thanks!
For the hitsparks, really? If that's the case, then Roll, Fire Man, and Top Man will need their hitsparks adjusted too as I never mentioned it on my feedback because I thought that was the original size. Snake Man would have to be added since he doesn't have them currently.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion. Hope Magma Dragoon doesn't mind the idea as I think it will give Burst Man more of an advantage when it comes to gameplay.
#5  January 01, 2018, 01:30:11 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Not at all. Main reason I asked the change is because the Danger Wrap is his signature weapon, which was sorely missing from his previous version.
#6  January 01, 2018, 05:13:12 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
For the hitsparks, really? If that's the case, then Roll, Fire Man, and Top Man will need their hitsparks adjusted too as I never mentioned it on my feedback because I thought that was the original size. Snake Man would have to be added since he doesn't have them currently.
Yes, they all be fixed. Snake Man doesn't have hitsparks because it uses the ones from the ScreenPack.
#7  January 01, 2018, 07:27:26 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Burst Man updated - fixed all bugs listed by SolidZone 26, thanks!

Now it has two versions of the bubble attack:

QCB+P      Danger Wrap
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Traps the enemy into a bubble, which explods over time.
   Input the same command to explod it manually.

QCF+P      Bubble Trap
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Traps the enemy into a bubble, which burst over time.
#8  January 02, 2018, 11:30:32 am
    • USA
Just tested the update, I now like how you added both attacks Danger Wrap and Bubble Trap (I like this name more than what I said earlier). However, I have an issue with them on this new update. Here's why:

Previous update: Hitting the opponent while they're inside the bubble of Danger Wrap will cause the mine to explode and damage the opponent.

This update: Hitting the opponent while they're inside the bubble of Danger Wrap causes the mine to explode, but does not count the damage of the mine and only count the hits, making the attack identical to Bubble Trap. Giving the same ability to do air combos.

Basically, what I'm saying is that when you hit opponent while in the bubbles, there's no difference between Danger Wrap and Bubble Trap and they work exactly the same way. Danger Wrap was fine on the previous update and no need to be changed because that attack is not meant for air comboing. Speaking about air combos, I can't seem to do more than 4 hits after I launched them in the air while the opponent's trapped in the bubble. The use of Bubble Trap is meant for air comboing, I can't do it if I'm restricted to only 4 hits.

Edit: I forgot to mention that blocking the bubble of Bubble Trap uses the default guard fx.
Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:43:09 am by SolidZone 26
#9  January 02, 2018, 04:21:18 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
The use of Bubble Trap is meant for air comboing
Not exactly. It is meant for combos, but a full aerial combo maybe is not possible, due to the juggle system. I've changed it a bit, but I can't let it loose or it will end in infinity combos.

Burst Man updated - bug fixes, AI enhancement and now Danger Wrap can be executed on air.
New #10  January 03, 2018, 11:40:03 am
    • USA
One last test to report on the new update. Remember I said that Danger Wrap was not meant for air combos? I was wrong. Due to the way how they work on this new update, I actually found a way to make both attacks do air combos, but differently so they aren't identical to each other. Danger Wrap is better if you are away from the opponent while Bubble Trap works best if you are close to them. Attempting an air combo up close with Danger Wrap will cause the mine to explode and force the opponent behind Burst Man, failing it. This gives a dimension of strategy for Burst Man and a different purpose of both moves. I'm glad I suggested adding Bubble Trap back as it makes the character much funner than he was before. :)

The only bugs I see now is Flash Bomb uses the fightfx's guard fx and the crouching kicks use the punch hit sounds, which were reported by me earlier but must have been missed. Overall, I think that's it. On second thought, scratch that. There are two more bugs that need to be looked at:

-Napalm Bomb explodes too early (It's good that it no longer gets stuck but now it explodes when it touches the wall behind Burst Man, making the MK and HK attacks useless as it will never hit the opponent. The WK is only useful one as it's slow enough not to touch the wall).
-Water Shield is unblockable when the opponent is standing or crouching (Forgot if that was addressed earlier that it's supposed to be).

The use of Bubble Trap is meant for air comboing
Not exactly. It is meant for combos, but a full aerial combo maybe is not possible, due to the juggle system. I've changed it a bit, but I can't let it loose or it will end in infinity combos.
I don't mean doing a MvC3 like combo, just a simple juggle in the air is enough. The change is much better now since it no longer feels restrictive. If I do a combo using those moves, I wanted that last hit to be the jumping HP.
Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:57:49 pm by SolidZone 26