YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2538210 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2221  November 29, 2017, 03:53:31 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, just wanna say "Wellcome back!", Werewood. I hope you'll rehab your relationships with MFG successfully.
#2222  November 29, 2017, 04:07:26 pm
    • China
Well, just wanna say "Wellcome back!", Werewood. I hope you'll rehab your relationships with MFG successfully.

Thank you for your greeting man!  I know things cannot/should not be stuck in bad shape forever like that.......six (6) years of me being screwing up myself like that......but it looks like I am not be able to use my old user name account now...
#2223  November 29, 2017, 05:06:02 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
That's a good way of going off to a brand new fresh start. Wish you the best of luck of repairing the relationships here like Trololo said.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2224  November 29, 2017, 08:55:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yo, your old account username was Hellywood , its not banned or blocked or anything like that. you did however change the email from one in yahoo to one in ymail before leaving. Do you still got access to your yahoo email account? I could reset the account so you could sign in through your email.
#2225  November 29, 2017, 09:10:11 pm
    • China
That's a good way of going off to a brand new fresh start. Wish you the best of luck of repairing the relationships here like Trololo said.

Nice to meet you DarkWolf13!  You are right!  I am needing much MUGEN help now (especially source game ripping help).

yo, your old account username was Hellywood , its not banned or blocked or anything like that. you did however change the email from one in yahoo to one in ymail before leaving. Do you still got access to your yahoo email account? I could reset the account so you could sign in through your email.
Oh Iced so glad to see you again!  Oh I totally forgot about that helly user name (now I remember I had to change that to Werewood ago), thank you for your reminder very much!  And all my old yahoo/ymail were already gone.  I will try to login using Hellywood, if still failing then I will need your reset help.
#2226  November 29, 2017, 09:32:29 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Whoa my super old password (I dug it out from my OneDrive old MUGEN files made in 2010) is working with my old Hellywood user name!  Thank you Iced very much for your reminder!  My new temporary Werewood2017 account is useless now....
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:35:40 pm by Werewood
#2227  November 30, 2017, 11:37:05 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
welcome back, man
#2228  December 01, 2017, 10:13:17 pm
  • Indolent Pocket Genius
    • USA
Hello Mugen Guild, Cheshire here. Or you can call me Vio, or Violet, whichever works for ya.

I've been dabbling here and there with Mugen, checking out many characters available across the net for the program, fiddling around and tweaking some of their animations, statedefs, hitboxes, hurtboxes, and what-have-you. But I've come here in hopes of being able to contribute to the Mugen community and one day see my goal of creating my very own fighter from the ground-up realized.

If anyone is looking for a good scriptor, I'm your man. I've got plenty of free time on my hands and I'll be able to help out with fixing any definitions, animations, hitboxes and/or hurtboxes for your characters. Just be sure to reach me in advance with whatever you're looking to have done.

Anyways, that's all from me for now. Good day, Mugen Guild!
#2229  December 02, 2017, 04:13:37 pm
    • Brazil
hi Vio... welcome and good stay
#2230  December 10, 2017, 05:47:12 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
welcome again..then..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#2231  January 02, 2018, 09:23:56 pm
  • I'm 1/16 cat.
    • USA
Hey, howya doin'? DecaTilde here.
#2232  January 03, 2018, 11:33:49 am
    • Brazil
#2233  January 04, 2018, 03:01:48 pm
    • Italy
Hello Folks, i don't have got much to say right now, i'm running a project about making raster sprites based on Daniel Remar's videogame Iji for other platforms, such as MUGEN and DOOM2
I'm about to complete the required sprites for the MUGEN game (it will be called "Alpha Strike". It's heavily based on IJI but as a MUGEN port, it is going to have different storylines than the original game.)

In spring of this year i'll start putting the graphic and the sounds together and program the game (this summer i putted together a very crude demo with 3 almost-working chars and the raw spriteset of other 2, you can download it from this link. http://www.mediafire.com/file/geiukzdi1g3r306/IJIDEMO082217.zip )

If you like my sprite, or you think you can use them to make other type of characters, feel free to use them. In future i will organize my DA page, but in general when you see the words "complete spriteset" it means all the actions between 0 and 200 and between 5000 and 5300 are clearly represented with own cels.

Actually, the point of my project is to provide common creative licensed sprites for developers that may feel more versed in programming than in producing graphics, so in my DA page you will find explosions, background elements, 3d models for blender.

Even if you aren't developing sci-fi, my goal is to provide graphic for everyone.

if you need things like an animated sea...
https://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/high-res-sea-animation-256-colors-716077700

A seamless running sky...
https://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Dramatic-sky-running-Low-res-710807080

Floors...
https://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Nude-ground-693552199

Feel free to ask. I can't guarrantee it will be done in a fingersnap, i'm kinda a busy guy, but i'll comply, with 3 conditions.
1) it must be non-commercial
2) Once it is done, it will be available for everyone wo wants to use it. No exclusive stuff. No secret deals.
3) NO FUEL FOR DELTOIDS. i have got nothing against it, i'm in fact an avid consumer of that, but i want to keep my project SFW. I think Internet has already enough of that without further effort.

If you want to know how something is done to learn how to do it yourself, feel free to ask.
https://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/gallery/62902790/Explosions-and-special-effects-for-videogames
I don't have time to make a tutorial for everything i do, but if you want to know a quick way to draw or render water, fire, elettricity and so on, i don't have secrets, i'm happy with my day-job and i will be more than happy to share what i know.

that's all, for now.
Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:08:45 pm by puffolotti4iji
#2234  January 05, 2018, 10:11:19 am
    • Brazil
hi friend of DA... welcome and have fun
so, do you accept animation requests?
#2235  January 05, 2018, 11:34:06 am
    • Italy
hello and thank you.

Whenever they are reasonable i'll comply.

Of course people should ask with a grain of salt, i can do something like those examples to any existing character in a matter of minutes

About 2.5d characters, i can easily do imitations to some degree, like those 2

But who's familiar with poser or dazstudio knows that basically what i'm doing is dressing dolls, and the doll will be as accurate as the wardrobe i already collected.

Transfer some well known moves to a character i already dressed and rigged would be quite easy.

If an idea is good for my project i'll do it, if someone asks me things like, the complete spriteset of an evil cow armed with a shythe, wearing a  cloack of peacock feathers over a chinese armor, i'll have to decline.

I'll say the truth, the time it will take to comply a request will depend on how busy i'll be at the time.
Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:36:51 am by puffolotti4iji
#2236  January 06, 2018, 08:57:52 am
  • WeN
  • ♠WEN♠
    • Malaysia
Hi, it's wen

I had downloaded 100> mugen character
but I am bad at creating mugen character
#2237  January 06, 2018, 10:26:10 am
    • Italy
Hello and welcome.

but I am bad at creating mugen character

Do you want to learn how to become good?

"creating" is a huge word, sometime it means drawing and programming, but you could start by adding a move to an existing character.

#2238  January 07, 2018, 02:28:39 am
    • Brazil
puffolotti4iji... thank you for feedback
and good luck in your project
 :thumbsup:
#2239  January 07, 2018, 12:05:11 pm
    • Italy
puffolotti4iji... thank you for feedback
and good luck in your project
 :thumbsup:

I kinda feel i stormed this place... Just komato army style...  As if a random ****ole goes to a horse riding school and starts to talk about hover bikes,  :mlol: but i have got reasons too.
First of all, i want my project done, in reasonable time and without having to rely on other people. Collaboration is good, but indipendence is good too.
I'm happy to help other people, but at the same time i believe that being indipendent and able to do stuff without having to wait for the black knight to pass by  is not something to be ashamed of.

Everybody wishes to make his project classic, full of breathtaking special effects, smooth, but if an author doesn't stay humble, if the standards aren't realistic it will end in an eternal building site where nothing comes out.

I have got utmost respect for raster design, i did it in past, and i love it, but i want to lend my hand to those who aren't talented in sprite design, and also to the few people that want to be sure they are entitled to use a spriteset.

I mean, the creators of Mortal Kombat, Street fighter and so on may not mind about fan-fiction or such, but perhaps someone may want to develop a project with royalty free chars.

I want to provide to young developers original spritesets for both chars, stages and explosions (and in foreseable future sample chars and BGs) that are born common creative and will be free to use, for everyone, forever, but allow reasonable flexibility.
#2240  January 15, 2018, 04:04:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Nep Heart here! I have arrived! I'm a fledgling MUGEN player and video maker who decided to get into this thing as my New Years resolution. Gotta say, it's pretty fun playing virtually anything you want. Would love a Neptune for MUGEN however, I can always hope.

Let's make this a good year!