YesNoOk

KOF XIII Maximilian Meyers and Maxy Meyers (Boxers Chars) (Read 43056 times)

Started by Mastertkof, October 22, 2017, 03:12:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF XIII Maximilian Meyers and Maxy Meyers (Boxers Chars)
#61  January 05, 2018, 01:59:37 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

I was pretty skeptical at first regarding how much progress you could make with nothing but shaders, and I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the results.

I still think you have a lot of work ahead of you when it comes to the initial render. The shading is impressive, but it's being used on models that don't really match the art style and proportions used by SNK. Your animations are also still kind of wonky-looking and robotic. Still, it's definitely impressive how much farther ahead you end up by following this method rather than drawing from scratch on a flat shaded render.
#62  January 05, 2018, 10:46:34 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
I was pretty skeptical at first regarding how much progress you could make with nothing but shaders, and I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the results.

I still think you have a lot of work ahead of you when it comes to the initial render. The shading is impressive, but it's being used on models that don't really match the art style and proportions used by SNK. Your animations are also still kind of wonky-looking and robotic. Still, it's definitely impressive how much farther ahead you end up by following this method rather than drawing from scratch on a flat shaded render.
:thumbsup:

Cammy White released on the topic of shaders

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/anderson-masters-kof-xii-helper-wip-182437.new.html#new
#63  January 07, 2018, 10:09:23 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
#64  January 09, 2018, 10:34:09 pm
The shaders do look good, I agree.  It can never be perfectly XIII without exactly the same process, but yours stand up well enough on their own as a similar style.  Your animation needs a quite a bit of work, however.  Consider watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0h9WmBlsw for some pointers.  She knows her stuff.
#65  January 10, 2018, 07:01:21 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Stand pixel art wip WIP   WWWWWIIIIPPPPPP (WORK IN PROGRESS)

#66  January 14, 2018, 12:31:54 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Stand almost finished, just need some fix and minor details