YesNoOk

Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) FULL release (06.01.2018) + Patch 3 (12.01.18) (Read 47948 times)

Started by Susanoo-no-Mikoto, December 30, 2017, 08:18:12 am
Share this topic:
Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) FULL release (06.01.2018) + Patch 3 (12.01.18)
#1  December 30, 2017, 08:18:12 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Yes, it is me, Takehaya Susanoo, the one who made other BB characters in MBAC style. I had to create a new account as I forgot the password to my old one. I have no way to retrieve it.
Either way...This is sort of awkward...It has been so long since I worked on this and I do not want to leave it hanging. It is not finished yet, but it is playable. Currently it is only missing his AI, Screeches of the Condemned and Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk. I do not know when I will be able to finish it, so, I should better upload what is there now.

UPDATE: now he is done. I will update him and the other 2 in time. Hopefully I did not forget anything. The link is the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdznrc9o8gffph2/YTerumi.rar?dl=0

Patch 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3pqp9h5bfjry3q/YTerumi%20Patch%203.rar?dl=0

Commands:

F, B+B = Agonizing Fang

D, DF, F+A/B = Snake Bite

D, DF, F+C = Gleaming Fang

D, DB, B+A/B = Retaliating Fang

D, DB, B+C = Venomous Bite (completely hidden if used while taunting)

D, D+A/B = Cleaving Fang

D, D+C = Serpent's Laceration (has a special win pose if it finishes the enemy off, hold down to stomp once he finishes talking)

F, D, DF+A = Rising Fang

F, D, DF+B = Falling Fang

F, D, DF+C = Divine Twin Blades

F, DF, D, DB, B, F+C = Serpent's Cursed Sting

B, DB, D, DF, F+C = Screeches of the Condemned (Arc Drive)

Last Arc = Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk

Note: all supers can be cancelled into other supers except for Venomous Bite. It is like when his Nightmare Reaper is active with the only difference being that the enemy does not lose meter on hit.

Japanese voice is available.

To do:

-Add missing graphical effects and sound effects

-Fix whatever is found

Credits:

-⑨ for the character used as a base

-Seraphs Ares (Mugen Guild) for ripping Terumi's English CP voice

-Venom00 (dustloop) for ripping Terumi's Japanese CF voice

-rNNN_ (dustloop) for ripping Terumi's sprites
Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:21:06 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Re: Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) Beta released (30.12.2017)
#2  December 30, 2017, 03:04:59 pm
Terumi's standing C cancel the first kick into aerials leading to infinites on the ground just by timing standing C into Aerial C off the first kick.
The moves feel like they either lack impact or go by a bit too fast. The counter superespecially.
Also for the whole standing C thing I'd say it would be better if he could just jump cancel off of it like in the games and only at that point be able to use aerial normals off of it.
His launcher with F+A feels like the window to cancel into a jump is too short.
All his QCF moves and his counter super make warnings appear in debug mode.
As for nitpicks and ideas I guess. The way the chains he wraps the enemy in for Retaliating Fang with A looks as he kicks them looks kinda odd as it just kinda pops out of existence. Maybe if it exploded like at the end of retaliating fang B instead. Or it follows them as the enemy flies into the wall and explodes. Just my thoughts of course if you don't want to do something like that it's fine.
Re: Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) Beta released (30.12.2017)
#3  December 30, 2017, 04:19:01 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Terumi's standing C cancel the first kick into aerials leading to infinites on the ground just by timing standing C into Aerial C off the first kick.
The moves feel like they either lack impact or go by a bit too fast. The counter superespecially.
Also for the whole standing C thing I'd say it would be better if he could just jump cancel off of it like in the games and only at that point be able to use aerial normals off of it.
His launcher with F+A feels like the window to cancel into a jump is too short.
All his QCF moves and his counter super make warnings appear in debug mode.
As for nitpicks and ideas I guess. The way the chains he wraps the enemy in for Retaliating Fang with A looks as he kicks them looks kinda odd as it just kinda pops out of existence. Maybe if it exploded like at the end of retaliating fang B instead. Or it follows them as the enemy flies into the wall and explodes. Just my thoughts of course if you don't want to do something like that it's fine.

5C is not supposed to do this. It is supposed to merely put him in aerial state. But the way the original character was coded created this issue. It should be easy to fix with a simple Stateno != 230.
I blame hit sounds for most of these. There is only one slash sound and not every normal hit sound fits. They are not quite as crunchy as BlazBlue's. Framedata on Venomous Bite is very close to the source, so, it cannot be a matter of animation length. Making all hits use slash sound does not work well.
That is how it should be. There is coding for that.
I have been trying to fix this. There is no such problem with 4A, so, I am not sure what to do. I will try to find a solution to this problem.
I have not done the cleanup to get rid of these yet. I usually do it when the character is finished.
Is this better:
Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:31:21 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) FULL release (06.01.2018)
#4  January 05, 2018, 11:56:14 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Now Terumi is complete. The download link is the same, but the file has been updated. Screeches of the Condemned and his Astral Heat, Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk, were added along with an AI and some minor changes. Most of the things mentioned above have been fixed.
Re: Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) FULL release (06.01.2018)
#5  January 06, 2018, 12:43:31 am
Screeches of the condemnmed doesn't work right when done from from across the screen for me.
As in he's hitting them but the opponent still is falling and ends up sliding across the ground instead of constantly being knocked upwards before the final hit.
Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk looks like it needs more snakes coming out of the portal.
His gleaming fang knocks the opponent too far back horizontally unlike how it did in the game.

So far this Terumi is pretty.....meh or okay to me I guess. Not too bad or too good in my opinion. However that's just me.
Also his DP with B is something the opponent doesn't seem to be able to recover from.
Also only when he's in the air during standing C can it be jump cancelled. Not when he hits the first or second time during it.
Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:57:07 am by Memes never die/Manby
#6  January 06, 2018, 12:57:42 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Screeches of the condemnmed doesn't work right when done from from across the screen for me.
As in he's hitting them but the opponent still is falling and ends up sliding across the ground instead of constantly being knocked upwards before the final hit.
Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk looks like it needs more snakes coming out of the portal.
His gleaming fang knocks the opponent too far back horizontally unlike how it did in the game.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/EMQVCMFv4Yo?t=44[/youtube]
So far this Terumi is pretty.....meh or okay to me I guess. Not too bad or too good in my opinion. However that's just me.

I think I know what is wrong here. If the enemy's vertical acceleration is too high (e.g. ‡H's Night of Wallachia), it fails to work as intended. This should not be hard to fix.
There are plenty of snakes. The problem is that there are only 3 animations for them and so they look the same. This will be fixed.
My bad. Will be fixed.
There should be some time before they can recover, but it certainly should be possible. Will be fixed if it actually is impossible.
I was sure that the second hit could not be cancelled. The first hit should certainly be possible to jump cancel. I will take a look at it.

Since I do not have the time to reupload the whole thing at the moment, here is a fix for most of these: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oge6pn2rr91516w/YTerumi%20Patch%201.rar?dl=0
Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:38:42 am by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
#7  January 06, 2018, 09:36:23 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
If I'm not mistaken, the next character will be Valkenheyn?
#8  January 06, 2018, 09:40:47 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
#9  January 06, 2018, 10:51:57 pm
Amazing, you guy's know, how use
Last Arc = Unholy Wrath of the Basilisk?
#10  January 07, 2018, 02:03:03 am
When you're bar at the bottom is in the yellow/is full you press what button you have set as X to enter blood heat.
Then you press it again as someone's gonna attack to EX guard which in blood heat activates his last arc.
#11  January 07, 2018, 02:07:51 am
Memes never die/Manby
Thank you!
#12  January 07, 2018, 02:36:18 am
    • Spain
#13  January 07, 2018, 02:41:01 am
Es From Blazblue in which this version of her is a WIP by the same author of this Terumi. Or something like that.
#14  January 08, 2018, 06:15:57 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
There's a problem during Serpent's Cursed Sting:

It never ends.

You must have neglected to apply the changestate.

EDIT: It only happens during the training mode.
Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:40:02 pm by Gladiacloud
#15  January 08, 2018, 06:41:37 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
There's a problem during Serpent's Cursed Sting:

It never ends.

You must have neglected to apply the changestate.

It is supposed to end when his meter is empty. Both Terumi and Izanami have full meter here.

EDIT: I should probably set it to end after enough time passes if it is used in training mode.
Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:45:43 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
#16  January 08, 2018, 06:46:21 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
This happens only in Training Mode.
#17  January 08, 2018, 06:51:25 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
#18  January 09, 2018, 01:00:57 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Hello Takehaya, been a while.
Question: Was I supposed to pull this off?

EDIT: And I just found a bug

Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:19:54 am by Mister Fael Chan
#19  January 09, 2018, 01:32:48 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Hello Takehaya, been a while.
Question: Was I supposed to pull this off?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/oBS9d6u2P8Y[/youtube]

EDIT: And I just found a bug

[youtube]https://youtu.be/b2HpibMMfEU[/youtube]
The first one is an oversight. A version is supposed to hit without the grab, but to give it a purpose, it has higher hitstun.

The second one should not be hard to fix.
Re: Yuuki Terumi (MBAC style) FULL release (06.01.2018) + Patch 2 (10.01.18)
#20  January 10, 2018, 12:29:33 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Second patch is out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tyzttymo1hvd3i/YTerumi%20Patch%202.rar?dl=0
-Hitstun and hitpause values changed to be accurate to the source.
-A version of Snakebite has been changed. Now it is also a throw like the B version, but it launches the enemy up and it is jump cancellable.

-Falling Fang no longer makes him stand in the air (there was a ChangeState left there with value set to 0).
-Serpent's Cursed Sting no longer loops endlessly in training mode (now it stops after 4 seconds).

I have also been thinking of releasing that Es, but as something else (Es Alter? EX?) as she is not acccurate to the source, but she is complete, I still put some effort into making her and I do not like leaving things to collect dust on my shelf.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:42:07 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto