YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557259 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0.1 Final
#1201  January 09, 2018, 11:55:50 pm
    • Italy
In FF3 i gave up the idea of finding the command to switch from shared palette to own palette and vice-versa.
Not a big deal, one can learn how to do it properly, but IMHO it should be a single click directly on the panel, like in FF classic.
#1202  January 10, 2018, 12:40:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
That's because SFF doesn't work that way anymore.
#1203  January 10, 2018, 01:26:36 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
hi virtualtek can you fix the glitch when making HD 720p INTRO for mugen. sff will broken if too big 2gb filesize
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#1204  January 10, 2018, 01:28:39 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Sounds like a MUGEN problem, and besides, how the fuck do you plan to load a 2GB file into memory?

Just... no. Stop whatever you're doing, because it's wrong. I know MUGEN doesn't have video support, but my god, 2GB?
#1205  January 10, 2018, 01:49:10 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
not a mugen problem.. if i save as sff with too many 720p sprites, ff will glitches make the sff less than 1MB if it reach higher than 2gb sff

yes theres workaround for mugen intro video using batch script like:

start video.mp4
timeout 10 >nul
TASKKILL VLC.exe
mugen.exe
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:53:25 am by yaminogun
#1206  January 10, 2018, 02:56:32 am
i mean highlight a group of sprites (sprite numbers) from the show/hide the organizer (right panel)

the just use Ctrl+C then go to any character then open them up then go to show/hide the organizer (right Panel) the click on the sprite number you want to paste the sprites you copied in between it would keep the position they had in the other sff you copied from
#1207  January 10, 2018, 08:55:13 am
    • Italy
That's because SFF doesn't work that way anymore.

What i mean is, every property of a cel (a "sprite" in SFF or a frame in AIR) should be clearly represented on the user interface.
When the user gives the command "Use palette 1,5 for the cel 200,4" the effect of the command should be represented, like the axis and the CLSN

Edit:
 I apologize in advance if my poor english makes me sound as if i'm not grateful for an amazing tool that allowed countless people to "get into the business", and made possible what for most people would be impossible, my appoint was based on my memories of the troubles i encountered when i started.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:55:41 am by puffolotti4iji
#1208  January 11, 2018, 03:20:52 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Something that just popped back in mind, an option
to create my own template, like winane's temp that's included
In FF3 but giving me the option to create my own and save the
files as a template I can open up for creating new chars so I don't
Have to copy paste code from older chars.
OK.

In FF3 i gave up the idea of finding the command to switch from shared palette to own palette and vice-versa.
Not a big deal, one can learn how to do it properly, but IMHO it should be a single click directly on the panel, like in FF classic.
Shared palette and linking is done automatically for you, no need to have an option to check as previous versions. If using SFF v1 you must take care about sprites order only.

hi virtualtek can you fix the glitch when making HD 720p INTRO for mugen. sff will broken if too big 2gb filesize
As Jesuszilla said, avoid doing this. But I will check anyway.

i mean highlight a group of sprites (sprite numbers) from the show/hide the organizer (right panel)

the just use Ctrl+C then go to any character then open them up then go to show/hide the organizer (right Panel) the click on the sprite number you want to paste the sprites you copied in between it would keep the position they had in the other sff you copied from
You can do the same on 'Import from another project' in the new version

Thanks!
#1209  January 11, 2018, 09:39:10 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Was "replace from other project" already suggested? And any chance of an auto save function that can be toggled on and off?
#1210  January 11, 2018, 03:01:06 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Oyea, one thing I've done for myself is to add
Statedef
to the State Controllers list.

This is my sample one
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's not bad to have.

----
Also, The Hitdef has a typo.
;snap = 0,0
sprpriority = 1
;p1facing =
Please change it to P1Sprpriority and add P2Sprpriority.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:38:23 pm by Odb718
#1211  January 11, 2018, 10:35:29 pm
    • Italy
Now that i think about it, there is a thing i'm gonna do by hand, that could be helpful if automated.

For my project i'm going to prepare, alongside with spritesheets, ( SFF ) a text file, i call it: "Presumed collision info" where i store the CLSN boxes used in a sprite, in the end it kinda looks like a AIR paragraph where the cels of the SFF are listed as if they were part of the animation that would be obtained by sliding from first to last.

9000, 0

Clsn2: 2
 Clsn2[0] = -13,  0, 16,-79
 Clsn2[1] =   5,-79, -7,-93
0,0, 0,0, 6

0,1, 0,0, 6

0,2, 0,0, 6

;... and so on...

When i'll do a new move in the AIR, i'll pick the CLSN from said file, because there will be a lot of reuse. (perhaps even more than Guile's "Jack-knife kick" sprite in SF2, ghghgh! )

Basically what i'm doing is like putting the CLSN in the SFF, and when i use a cel in the AIR, i'll check if i'm happy with the "presumed" position and CLSN

Generating a "Presumed Collisions Info" file (that is absolutely not needed for a character) by putting "fake" CLSN in the SFF editor alongside with the SFF and then putting a button in the AIR editor that retrieves the presumed position and CLSN info for that particular cel may help spare time in character that reuse the cels a lot.
#1212  January 11, 2018, 10:42:56 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
^
Sounds like you're suggesting being able to save CLSN data as "Favorites"?

I really like that idea.  But in my mind, I'm thinking it would be a windowed list where you can save (or remove) CLSN data while giving it a meaningful title.
So I might save anim 0 CLSN as "Stand".  Then anywhere I want I could choose "Stand" from the window and it would apply that CLSN.

*fingers crossed* that would be awesome

Edit Or, at least, it would be nice to be able to choose an anim/animelem to copy the CLSN from, instead of having to enter the text editor to select/copy/paste.

Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:16:57 am by altoiddealer
#1213  January 12, 2018, 12:50:46 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I actually made something similar for my engine (Blugen) that's stored in the .AIR file: stand, air, and crouch defaults. It looks like so:

Code:
[Stand Defaults]
Clsn0: 1
  Clsn0[0] = -21,-68,21,0
Clsn2: 3
  Clsn2[0] = -5, -80, 17, -62
  Clsn2[1] = -23, -65, 29, -34
  Clsn2[2] = -22, -34, 28, 0

[Crouch Defaults]
  Clsn0[0] = -21,-48,21,0
Clsn2:3
  Clsn2[0] = -4, -59, 20, -39
  Clsn2[1] = -24, -52, 20, -32
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -32, 36, 0

[Air Defaults]
  Clsn0[0] = -24,-52,24,-12
Clsn2:1
  Clsn2[0] = -30, -56, 30, -8

Now while obviously Fighter Factory and other IDE's (such as the one I'm working on) won't be able to detect state just from animation like the engine would, this data could still be stored in memory to use to apply to CLSNs from a menu.

I found a while back that you can actually store a lot of data in MUGEN's files and it won't break anything. Its parser only looks for data it can recognize, so you can easily add things such as this to be forward-compatible and whatnot. In other words, you can totally add what I just said to a .AIR file and MUGEN won't complain. It also won't complain if you do this in a .def file:
Code:
[PalInfo]
1  = CFJ default, Capcom
2  = Vampire Savior MP, Capcom
3  = Vampire Savior HP, Capcom
4  = Vampire Savior LK, Capcom
5  = Vampire Savior MK, Capcom
6  = Vampire Savior HK, Capcom
7  = MvC2 A1, Capcom
8  = MvC2 HK, Capcom
9  = MvC2 A2, Capcom
10 = Vampire Savior PPP, Capcom
11 = Vampire Savior KKK, Capcom
12 = MvC2 HP, Capcom
13 = Vampire Hunter HP, Capcom
14 = Vampire Hunter LK, Capcom
15 = Vampire Hunter MK, Capcom
16 = Pocket Fighter SP, Capcom
17 = Vampire Savior LP, Capcom
18 = A little something custom, Jesuszilla
19 = SSTK Cham-Cham, Jesuszilla
20 = JJBA Polnareff, Jesuszilla
21 = JJBA Midler, Jesuszilla
22 = Custom, Corntortillas
23 = Red and Orange, Orochi_Hadou
24 = Aisha Clanclan, Jesuszilla
25 = CvS-style LK, DGO
26 = CvS-style MK, DGO
27 = CvS-style HK, DGO
28 = CvS-style LP, DGO
29 = CvS-style MP, DGO
30 = CvS-style HP, DGO
31 = Lilith, YamoriX
32 = Reversal, YamoriX
33 = Wat, YamoriX
34 = Watermelon, YamoriX

But anyway, back to the Stand/Air/Crouch defaults: you can store any CLSN type in there.

CLSN0 = Push (Blugen)
CLSN1 = Attack
CLSN2 = Hurt
CLSN3 = Throwable (Blugen)
Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:55:19 am by Jesuszilla
#1214  January 12, 2018, 05:41:38 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Was "replace from other project" already suggested? And any chance of an auto save function that can be toggled on and off?
The new import from another Project will allow you to choose collision resolution, so you can let it replace instead of add.
About the auto save, I will think something.

Now that i think about it, there is a thing i'm gonna do by hand, that could be helpful if automated.

For my project i'm going to prepare, alongside with spritesheets, ( SFF ) a text file, i call it: "Presumed collision info" where i store the CLSN boxes used in a sprite, in the end it kinda looks like a AIR paragraph where the cels of the SFF are listed as if they were part of the animation that would be obtained by sliding from first to last.
When i'll do a new move in the AIR, i'll pick the CLSN from said file, because there will be a lot of reuse. (perhaps even more than Guile's "Jack-knife kick" sprite in SF2, ghghgh! )

Basically what i'm doing is like putting the CLSN in the SFF, and when i use a cel in the AIR, i'll check if i'm happy with the "presumed" position and CLSN

Generating a "Presumed Collisions Info" file (that is absolutely not needed for a character) by putting "fake" CLSN in the SFF editor alongside with the SFF and then putting a button in the AIR editor that retrieves the presumed position and CLSN info for that particular cel may help spare time in character that reuse the cels a lot.
I think it's needless as you have a function in AIR editor to copy all CLSNs of this frame to all other frames with the same sprite. This should do the trick.

^
Sounds like you're suggesting being able to save CLSN data as "Favorites"?

I really like that idea.  But in my mind, I'm thinking it would be a windowed list where you can save (or remove) CLSN data while giving it a meaningful title.
So I might save anim 0 CLSN as "Stand".  Then anywhere I want I could choose "Stand" from the window and it would apply that CLSN.

*fingers crossed* that would be awesome

Edit Or, at least, it would be nice to be able to choose an anim/animelem to copy the CLSN from, instead of having to enter the text editor to select/copy/paste.
This already can be done on FF3, look at View -> Clipboard container (on AIR you must be in full text mode to copy and paste Clsn code).
I will add support for CLSNs selected from the graphic mode, so no need to enter the text editor.

I actually made something similar for my engine (Blugen) that's stored in the .AIR file: stand, air, and crouch defaults.
Wow, you're making a new engine based on Mugen? Interested to see more info about this.

I found a while back that you can actually store a lot of data in MUGEN's files and it won't break anything. Its parser only looks for data it can recognize, so you can easily add things such as this to be forward-compatible and whatnot. In other words, you can totally add what I just said to a .AIR file and MUGEN won't complain. It also won't complain if you do this in a .def file:
Yes, and it's a bad design. Is good for this purpose, but makes harder to see your mistakes as it only complains about very critical errors.
I'm in the team of strict parsers. You can still ignore some things, but what you recognize must be exactly as you wanted, with no exception, as majority of serious programing languages.

Thanks!
#1215  January 12, 2018, 06:53:21 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I apologize in advance if this had already been suggested.

How about a way to quickly bring up / load the page of the documentation of an sctrl upon ctrl + clicking on it?
Basically the idea would be similar to how one could ctrl + click on a function in a coding IDE to bring up its declaration.

To add onto that, maybe a way to quickly jump to a state when ctrl + clicking on a place where it's used?
I'd imagine that it would be difficult to detect which values are supposed to represent a state, and which state to jump to if a lot of math is involved.  But maybe this could work for simple ChangeStates, where the state to change to is a specific value.
#1216  January 12, 2018, 07:23:49 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
To add onto that, maybe a way to quickly jump to a state when ctrl + clicking on a place where it's used?
I'd imagine that it would be difficult to detect which values are supposed to represent a state, and which state to jump to if a lot of math is involved.  But maybe this could work for simple ChangeStates, where the state to change to is a specific value.

I do this by just using the Find button. Say I'm launching a helper 1650 and now I need to jump to that statedef. I just type in
1650]
in Find and press Enter. 9 times out of 10 times it jumps to the exact spot I need. The 1 out of 10 is because I need to go to statedef 400, or something very similar, and it jumps me to 1400]. Pressing Enter a second time gets me to 3400], but the 3rd time cycles back up and brings me to [Statedef 400].
I think it'd be a nice option to have under Code. Kinda like how the comment/uncomment works. But it could be Find Statedef? I think the problem would come back to people highlighting bad characters. Heck, I bet 7 out of 10 people here dont know about the uncomment function on right click.  (It's also Ctrl+;))
Now that I'm thinking about it.

Can you make it so when you highlight something and press Ctrl+F it copies it to the Find box and searches??

@VirtuallTek: Did you see my last two suggestions?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1217  January 12, 2018, 12:37:49 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I apologize in advance if this had already been suggested.

How about a way to quickly bring up / load the page of the documentation of an sctrl upon ctrl + clicking on it?
Basically the idea would be similar to how one could ctrl + click on a function in a coding IDE to bring up its declaration.
OK.

I do this by just using the Find button. Say I'm launching a helper 1650 and now I need to jump to that statedef. I just type in
1650]
in Find and press Enter. 9 times out of 10 times it jumps to the exact spot I need. The 1 out of 10 is because I need to go to statedef 400, or something very similar, and it jumps me to 1400]. Pressing Enter a second time gets me to 3400], but the 3rd time cycles back up and brings me to [Statedef 400].
Now that I'm thinking about it.

Can you make it so when you highlight something and press Ctrl+F it copies it to the Find box and searches??

@VirtuallTek: Did you see my last two suggestions?
OK, I will make the find function grab the current selection. About what you said, why not search the string 'statedef 400'. Another thing you could do is the use of regular expression to catch some complex pattern.
About the last two suggestions, yes. Sorry not mentioning it.

EDIT: Done, now it grabs the current selection and you can exit pressing Esc. Another thing that came in my mind, if you want to jump to some state or statedef, isn't faster to click on the tree (left panel)?
Drag and drop on organizer will be possible :D. I'm checking it right now.

Thanks!
Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:15:53 pm by VirtuallTek
#1218  January 13, 2018, 04:20:31 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Hi, I apologize in advance if this had already been suggested.

I want to know if it´s or will be possible to select and copy a certain amount of sprites of one character and paste it to another character, with the same values (X and Y).. for example, for effects.
I´m working with various characters.. and upload every single sprite/effect and change all the values it´s sometimes a pain in the ass.

I know that you can do this with the AIR file opening with notepad.
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#1219  January 13, 2018, 04:25:46 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
That's been possible for years and even mentioned in one of the previous posts.

Sprites > Import from another project
#1220  January 13, 2018, 04:59:28 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
That's been possible for years and even mentioned in one of the previous posts.

Sprites > Import from another project

Shit I never knew that.. it would be great that i knew it before haha.

Thanks!
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini