YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441791 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Chun-Li MEGA-update beta
#5821  January 08, 2018, 09:23:14 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Slowdown will only happen when there's a bunch of hitsparks being spawned in a row for both Kikosho and Final Mission, so it'll only happen when either move actually hits.

Here are two "diet" versions of the sff: one that removes all the Mystique palettes, but leaves everything else in, and one that discards all flashing palettes (except for the default ones), including the Mystique one. I'm not sure if the first one will be enough to mitigate the slowdown issues, so think of the second one as a last resort type of thing.

Just extract the respective folder to the same director as the original Chun-Li folder and overwrite everything, and lemme know how it all works!
#5822  January 08, 2018, 09:47:31 pm
    • Canada
The slowdowns only happens to me on 1.0 but not 1.1. (Not the "diet" version)
Also it doesn't take a lot of speed to phase through Kakusenshu.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#5823  January 09, 2018, 05:21:36 am
    • USA
#5824  January 09, 2018, 08:53:57 am
The first diet sff (without the Mystique palettes) works well on my end in solving the slowdown issues for Kikosho and Final Mission. Hopefully the downsized sff file will be included in a separate zip file for the final release.
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Chun-Li MEGA-update beta and NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING
#5825  January 10, 2018, 04:12:12 am
    • USA
Will probably have it as a separate download on Chun-Li's page, to reduce file size and all that.

So, Chun-Li is all wrapped up. For the foreseeable future, I think I'm probably gonna be trading off between doing a new character and then going back and updating an old character, so...

Time to finally do Benimaru. And here's some previously posted examples of what this separation will be able to do:

Final separation palette (the first image) will hopefully be condensed down quite a bit, it's as big as it is right now because I'm giving myself extra space, in case there's unexpected colors somewhere (for instance, the various black clothing items share colors with the white pants; it's all one block of color. I haven't made an exhaustive search, but the whitest shades probably are used only in the pants, and likewise the darkest shades are probably used in the top and gloves and stuff) But it doesn't really matter either way, I guess. This shit will be so much easier than Demitri, Benimaru's sprites are pretty damn simple to separate!
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:23:47 am by Jmorphman
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Chun-Li MEGA-update beta and NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING
#5826  January 10, 2018, 04:22:32 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Oh snap Benimaru with Jmorphman touch = awesomeness.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:44:51 am by Shadic12
#5827  January 10, 2018, 05:06:22 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
This'll be a good one knowing you're behind it.
#5828  January 10, 2018, 06:21:03 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yay, already hyped for Benimaru! :D
#5829  January 10, 2018, 06:22:53 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, that was unexpected. At least for me.
Hatiko Mode: Engaged.
#5830  January 10, 2018, 06:42:26 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
*Long time readers of the Jmorphman WIP topic will remember that Benimaru was first teased way back on page 212!

-Stunning Speedpreacher
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5831  January 10, 2018, 06:45:13 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I'm a real gangsta so there is no page 212 for me. This is page 117.
#5832  January 10, 2018, 07:05:43 am
    • USA

official CvS2 hitboxes :pwn:
#5833  January 10, 2018, 07:07:15 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
And another rarity: using 3 boxes for an air attack. Usually it's no more than 2. But it makes sense here.
#5834  January 10, 2018, 07:20:25 am
    • USA
Wow, Benimaru's got a ton of really wacky hitboxes. Especially weird coming off of Chun-Li, who had very sensible ones!

Ah well, it's a KOF character, so I was already planning on taking a lot of hitbox inspiration from KOF games (much in the same way that King worked).
#5835  January 10, 2018, 08:16:42 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yeah, please buff Benimaru's boxes. That I believe is the major factor in him being ass in CvS2.

Please give him anti-air Raijinken too; he had like no decent anti-air either. How do you plan to make Shinkuu Katategoma work? CvS2/KOF94 or the later KOF games? Then again you could just make one of those regular and the other the EX version.
#5836  January 10, 2018, 09:49:24 am
    • USA
It'll be like later KOF games (but not the Eolith ones cuz they changed the hitbehavior and make it look really weird and dumb looking). The instant knockdown always looked weird to me.

But the most important gameplay change (to me) will be this goddamn animation:

in KOF, Benimaru holds his hands outstretched for a fairly long time, giving the attack a lot of emphasis and power. But he goes back to idle too fast in CvS! Finally this horrible mistake will be rectified. >:[

here's a tentative movelist:
Code:
<NORMAL>

.Jackknife Kick F + b
.Flying Drill D + c (Air)
.Front Suplex           F/B + 2p (near opponent)
.Catch and Shoot F/B + 2k (near opponent)
.Spinning Knee Drop: F/B + 2p (Air, near opponent)

<SPECIAL>

.Raijinken (EX) D, DF, F, p (Air Also)
.Taiku Raijinken (EX) F, D, DF, p
.Iaigeri (EX) D, DF, F, k
.Hando Sandangeri D, U, k
.Super Inazuma Kick (EX) F, D, DF, k
.Shinku Katategoma (EX) D, DB, B, k
.Benimaru Collider (EX) F, DF, D, DB, B, F, p (near opponent)

<SUPER>

.Raikoken (MAX) D, DF, F, D, DF, F, p
.Denei Spark (MAX) D, DF, F, D, DF, F, k
.Elec-Trigger (MAX) F, DF, D, DB, B, F, DF, D, DB, B, p (near opponent)
which isn't really full of surprises, I suppose; he already has basically every important move of his in CvS2. He's getting the aerial version of Raijinken, though.

level three will either be the HSDM from 2002UM, or his Neomax from XIII. Both can be pulled off pretty easily with existing sprites, but they both feel pretty eh to me, so much so that I'm still undecided 3 or 4 years after I first started thinking about doing Benimaru! But right now I'm probably leaning more towards the Neomax; it might be boring and lazy, but it at least has some oomf. Though I guess the HSDM could have weird/fun combo potential...
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:34:53 am by Jmorphman
#5837  January 10, 2018, 11:51:51 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
For the air throw, you may want to change it to any direction + 2P. In CvS2 and VSav at least, you can air throw by holding any direction.
#5838  January 10, 2018, 07:30:46 pm
    • USA
Cool that Benimaru bout to get some love. Always used Warusaki3's one. I can't wait to see his Release! And those CS Patches are awesome! Love that 03' Color.
#5839  January 11, 2018, 12:10:37 am
    • USA
For the air throw, you may want to change it to any direction + 2P. In CvS2 and VSav at least, you can air throw by holding any direction.
Nah, it's Alpha 3 style throw commands, so it'll be the same as Chun-Li and Demitri, etc.
#5840  January 11, 2018, 01:55:47 am
wow im excited for this!