One Piece (Read 190305 times)

Started by Foobs, September 04, 2017, 06:29:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: One Piece
#61  December 08, 2017, 06:35:44 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
t'was a bit disappointing. I expected Oda to do a bit more than just make Carrot go SSJ3.
#62  December 08, 2017, 07:17:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
I Don't mind the SSJ3 Carrot that much because I am looking forward to seeing more of the minks moon lion transformations that we could possibly see further down the line in maybe Wano. We could possibly get to see a Nekomamushi, Inuarashi, Wanda, Pekoms or Sicilian transformation down the line. After this chapter, I am just wondering what is exactly going on with Big Mom slimming down right now, and Perospero looking a bit disturbed because of this. Maybe Big Mom kills Perospero next because he did lie about the Strawhats had the cake and she said he would pay with his life if they didn't.
#63  December 08, 2017, 11:25:32 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
WE RABBIT NOW, BOYS!

Seriously, that chapter was crazy amounts of hype.  I've never been so glad to be wrong on a prediction, because Carrot's ceylon form is so much cooler than the feral were-rabbit transformation I was expecting.  And she was so badass!  She didn't even use her gauntlets!  She took down an entire ship full of Big Mom's crew members and snapped their freaking helm off in a split second with her bare hands!  I know I'm geeking out right now but that was just so cool.  I can't wait for the next chapter.  Daifuku's gonna get his shit pushed in by Carrot and it's going to be amazing.

Also, for me this pretty much cements my expectations that Carrot's going to be the 11th Straw Hat.  Oda's never given this level of focus and detail on any character who wasn't sticking around for the long haul.
#64  December 22, 2017, 11:45:21 pm
damn that last panel is gonna give me nightmares, big mom looked more like a zombie than anything.
also, kudos to sanji for being an honorable motherfucker, we all know how well that ended up the last time he was like that.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#65  December 23, 2017, 12:01:07 am
    • USA
Okay.  So.

I know this whole arc is focusing on Sanji primarily, and Luffy vs Katakuri has been taking a lot of hype, and everyone's excited to see what the new crew members will do.  But can we just take a minute to appreciate how fucking godlike Brook has been in this arc? 

- He managed to steal the poneglyphs right out from under the BM crew's nose.
- He faced Big Mom herself one-on-one, with no hesitation, and lived to talk about it.
- He was the one who smashed the picture of Mother Carmel.
- And now he's helped Carrot take out Daifuku's fleet and get back to the Sunny before her sulong form killed her.

For real, this arc is the best that Brook has ever been.  I've always loved his design and his character, but up until now he's always kind of seemed like dead weight. (YOHOHOHOO)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#66  December 23, 2017, 12:28:33 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Oda didn't really know what to do with Brook before this arc, but he's really nailing it now. His hodgepog of weird powers finally has some use!
#67  December 23, 2017, 01:03:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
So far, Brook definitely looks like he will be the mvp of the whole cake arc. I would most likely give Jimbei a second place.
#68  December 23, 2017, 11:44:30 am
    • Netherlands
Okay.  So.

I know this whole arc is focusing on Sanji primarily, and Luffy vs Katakuri has been taking a lot of hype, and everyone's excited to see what the new crew members will do.  But can we just take a minute to appreciate how fucking godlike Brook has been in this arc? 

- He managed to steal the poneglyphs right out from under the BM crew's nose.
- He faced Big Mom herself one-on-one, with no hesitation, and lived to talk about it.
- He was the one who smashed the picture of Mother Carmel.
- And now he's helped Carrot take out Daifuku's fleet and get back to the Sunny before her sulong form killed her.

For real, this arc is the best that Brook has ever been.  I've always loved his design and his character, but up until now he's always kind of seemed like dead weight. (YOHOHOHOO)

I've really been enjoying this too. The Straw Hats have always been made up of direct fighters like Luffy and Sanji and support members like Robin, Nami and Brook. I'm glad the support roels are no longer being underplayed.
#69  December 29, 2017, 02:40:51 am
    • USA
Brook once again being a strong contender for GOAT.  I never want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.

This is the kind of fight scene I love to see.  All the main characters teaming up, using their unique abilities in tandem to wreck shit.  I don't think there's been a fight like this since Oars back in Thriller Bark.
#70  December 29, 2017, 05:41:39 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
And Brooke keeps pulling new powers out of thin air. If Enel ever comes back from the moon he'll be useless against two SH.

Jinbe continues to be a badass. Ridiculously skilled helmsman/surfer, extremely useful at sea and against DF users and now we know he has the haki to block a Yonko's attack and his fishman karate is strong enough to blow Big Mom away.
#71  December 29, 2017, 11:18:37 pm
    • USA
The electricity thing?  That's not exactly new.  They've been using Brook as a lightning rod since Thriller Bark.
#72  January 12, 2018, 12:56:43 pm
    • USA
Yet another Charlotte sibling gets introduced in the eleventh hour.  This one does bring some unfortunate implications with her, though.

#73  January 12, 2018, 01:18:39 pm
we can atleast rationalize it as a political marriage that was forced on them lol

i really don't like how the luffy vs katakuri fight is getting dragged with barely any progress on luffy's part. just zone out like you did with enel and beat the shit out of him damn it!
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#74  January 12, 2018, 01:31:16 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Yet another Charlotte sibling gets introduced in the eleventh hour.  This one does bring some unfortunate implications with her, though.

The only implication I see is that Oda made an error.
#75  January 12, 2018, 01:50:15 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Yeah, this sounds like the kind of thing that gets retconned in the tankobons. Specially when you consider male and female children have separate tallies, so Pudding could be much younger than her.
#76  January 12, 2018, 03:26:17 pm
    • USA

Oh, I know.  But until it gets fixed I’m gonna have a good laugh at the fact that Oda accidentally made one of his main characters try to marry an uncomfortably curvaceous 12 year old. :P
#77  January 12, 2018, 04:56:15 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite

Oh, I know.  But until it gets fixed I’m gonna have a good laugh at the fact that Oda accidentally made one of his main characters try to marry an uncomfortably curvaceous 12 year old. :P
I hope it's a typo, didn't they have a typo a few weeks ago on Bavarois?
#78  January 15, 2018, 11:12:39 pm
    • USA
And they fixed it.  Flambe is the 36th daughter, which would put Pudding somewhere in the 16 - 19 age range.  No more pedo Sanji jokes.
#79  January 27, 2018, 02:36:22 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
New chapter's out

Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:43:19 am by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#80  January 27, 2018, 03:21:17 am
    • USA
I feel like Brook lying about Pedro's death was so that Sanji didn't lose his focus while they're still being attacked.  If he found out Pedro died during the rescue attempt, he'd probably lose it.

There is actually a good reason why Smoothie hasn't done anything yet:  Because she's beautiful.  Oda won't ever let any of his male good guy characters attack a pretty woman.  It's why Zoro couldn't finish off Monet but Tashigi could, or how Usopp can beat the stuffing out of Miss Merry Christmas but he had to scare Perona into submission without actually hurting her.  Whatever his reasons are, Oda will only let pretty girls fight other pretty girls.  Since Nami and Carrot are nowhere near Sweet Commander level yet, Smoothie hasn't had anyone that could fight her.

That being said, it's pretty easy to guess what's going to happen next.  Smoothie's fleet will start to catch up to the Sunny, and then Germa shows up at the last second.  While Judge and the bros take out the fodder, Smoothie will get her big fight scene against the only character who's both strong enough and beautiful enough to fight her:  Reiju.