GOTENKS Z2 RELEASED! (Read 57888 times)

Started by Balthazar, January 12, 2018, 06:31:57 pm
Share this topic:
GOTENKS Z2 RELEASED!
#1  January 12, 2018, 06:31:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
"Hey hey hey!"

Hello everyone, Team Z2 is proud to announce our next full character to be used in Mugen and more so in Hyper Dragon Ball Z, the wicked fused kid Gotenks! Check out the video below, and link to Youtube to read the full video description of the video for a ton more information!
>>>>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lk4aYKw9Sw    <<<<

Congrats to Daeron (main spriter), JustNoPoint (main coder), the rest of TeamZ2 and the testers on Discord for this latest crazy addition! Gotenks is loaded with a ton of fun stuff, so enjoy!
And a big thanks to all of YOU who supported us all this time and have been enjoying our works; you're the reason we do this!

Gotenks comes equipped with AI coded by JNP and a movelist in his files.

Even though we spent weeks, months testing him to the limit, there's always a chance a bug or issue may occur. Please feel free to bring any feedback or bug reports to the creators!

Link to Gotenks's network page:
http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_gotenks.html

HDBZ Champ's Build with Gotenks-compatible updated characters:
Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:42:42 pm by Just No Point
Re: GOTENKS Z2 RELEASED!
#2  January 12, 2018, 06:43:50 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
AWESOOOME! 8D
#3  January 12, 2018, 06:44:24 pm
  • Quack
Quack
#4  January 12, 2018, 07:22:34 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
This is Awesome, Thanks for sharing.
#5  January 12, 2018, 07:22:49 pm
    • https://zerx-mugen.blogspot.com/
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I think that there's value in people only when they act based on their will.
#6  January 12, 2018, 07:31:21 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com

#7  January 12, 2018, 07:41:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Nice! I think I may need a larger screen pack if people keep releasing such great characters!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#8  January 12, 2018, 07:42:25 pm
    • Argentina
Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thanks team z2!
#9  January 12, 2018, 08:14:23 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Thanks for sharing.
#10  January 12, 2018, 08:20:05 pm
    • USA
Team Z2 and OpVDBz are like the best things going on in mugen right now, cant wait to try this little guy out
#11  January 12, 2018, 08:49:36 pm
Great piece of work Guys :)

Can't wait till i get my hand on him tomorrow morning :D OMG OMG
#12  January 12, 2018, 10:15:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm so happy you guys are enjoying him! I put a ton of time into this guy and so did Daeron and the rest of the team. This is pretty much my magnum opus. And the 1st char I started basically from scratch. There was a bit of sff and air started. I started him before Piccolo so in a way this is my 1st char too. And the char I first signed up to make. Let me know of any bugs and I'll do my best to resolve them! And have fun!!!
#13  January 12, 2018, 10:31:14 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Neat. Feedback time:
- Is he supposed to say his "What a loser" winquote after losing the last round? Seems rather odd, even by his standards.
- When he is attacked while slamming into the ground during "Dynamite Headcrusher", he stays a bit below the ground.
- When he's KOed in SSJ2 mode, he starts the next round as regular Gotenks. However, if he loses by time out, he'll start the next round still in SSJ2 mode. Intentional?

He's... definitely interesting, but I'll need some time to really get the hang of him. So far, I both love and am terribly frustrated by his uniqueness.  :pwn:
#14  January 12, 2018, 10:52:52 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Very great release, guys, you never fail to impress.

There is one minor visual bug, though, one that only happens outside the full HDBZ game:

His portrait is supposed to "change" to emulate his SSJ3 transformation, but some health bars in some screenpacks obviously aren't aligned the same way as in HDBZ, so it not only ruins the illusion, but it also just looks weird.  :P

Not really sure what you can do to fix this, but I though it was worth pointing out.
#15  January 12, 2018, 10:54:21 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA

There is one minor visual bug, though, one that only happens outside the full HDBZ game:

His portrait is supposed to "change" to emulate his SSJ3 transformation, but some health bars in some screenpacks obviously aren't aligned the same way as in HDBZ, so it not only ruins the illusion, but it also just looks weird.  :P

Not really sure what you can do to fix this, but I though it was worth pointing out.

There's a configure file in the character that allows you to either turn the SSJ3 port on or off, as well as a SSJ3 port X/Y positioning code.  Just open the configure file in .txt and you'll find this:

; SSJ3 small portrait?
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 2
;#####################################################################################################################
;## Display small port in SSJ3
;## 0 = No
;## 1 = Yes
;## Default value is 1
value = 1

And this:

; Player 1 SSJ3 Small Portrait - X AXIS
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fv = 14
;#####################################################################################################################
;## Set the value to move the SSJ3 Small Port to a position that suits you (X Axis in this case). A positive value means
;## forward (to the middle of the screen), a negative value means backward (to the border of the screen).
;## Default value is 0.
value = 0

; Player 2 SSJ3 Small Portrait - X AXIS
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fv = 16
;## Set the value to move the SSJ3 Small Port to a position that suits you (X Axis in this case). A positive value means
;## forward (to the middle of the screen), a negative value means backward (to the border of the screen).
;## Default value is 0.
value = 0

; SSJ3 Small Portrait - Y AXIS
[State 5900, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fv = 15
;## Set the value to move the SSJ3 Small Port to a position that suits you (Y Axis in this case). A positive value means
;## upward, a negative value means downward.
;## Default value is 0.
value = 0
#16  January 12, 2018, 10:59:12 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA

There's a configure file in the character that allows you to either turn the SSJ3 port on or off, as well as a SSJ3 port X/Y positioning code.

Well, I feel silly now. Never mind, then. :P Thanks for pointing that out!
#17  January 13, 2018, 12:22:23 am
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Congrats for the newest HDBZ member!
#18  January 13, 2018, 12:28:06 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hell yea, I'll be playing some HDBZ tonight testing him out.
#19  January 13, 2018, 12:54:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Neat. Feedback time:
- Is he supposed to say his "What a loser" winquote after losing the last round? Seems rather odd, even by his standards.
Is this his cheap ko? Because if so it's intended though he should say "Is that all you got" as he does a strut then falls down similar to Ric Flair

- When he is attacked while slamming into the ground during "Dynamite Headcrusher", he stays a bit below the ground.
Looked okay to me but I can move the axis up just a bit I suppose =)
- When he's KOed in SSJ2 mode, he starts the next round as regular Gotenks. However, if he loses by time out, he'll start the next round still in SSJ2 mode. Intentional?
Yes, this was talked about with the testers. I even had to make special code for the colors to turn in his emo icons when he returned to normal mode. Normal Goku's was the same way.

He's... definitely interesting, but I'll need some time to really get the hang of him. So far, I both love and am terribly frustrated by his uniqueness.  :pwn:
Hah that's a great combination to hear for this char! I really push for each char to feel unique though ^_^

Congrats for the newest HDBZ member!
Yes indeed!

Hell yea, I'll be playing some HDBZ tonight testing him out.

Don't forget to check the description for the vid and get the other updates! And you can see new buffer stuff in Gotenks too!
#20  January 13, 2018, 01:08:13 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great job buddies.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME