YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project - Bugs report discussion (Read 8181 times)

Started by REDHOT, January 11, 2018, 04:08:34 am
Share this topic:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project - Bugs report discussion
#1  January 11, 2018, 04:08:34 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project - Bugs report discussion
#2  January 15, 2018, 06:54:20 am
  • Keep Rockin Baby !
Well I tryed out your storm yesterday on mugen 1.0. I notice a bug when storm finish K.O with a hyper move and a super move. She gets stuck in a loop of the move. Also after spiderman does a hyper move like maxima spider. The camera gets stuck to point you can't move left or right on any stage. I had address this issue before but nice work my friend.
The search of perception of an eye that can hold million or more images instant in a second. When a picture can be describe in million words in a caption.

Roy Bromwell From Rival Schools Sprite
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:02:16 am by Taurus Los' Force
#3  January 15, 2018, 01:00:22 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Well I tryed out your storm yesterday on mugen 1.0. I notice a bug when storm finish K.O with a hyper move and a super move. She gets stuck in a loop of the move. Also after spiderman does a hyper move like maxima spider. The camera gets stuck to point you can't move left or right on any stage. I had address this issue before but nice work my friend.

Thanks!.
I notice this bug only with Lighning attack (super move).. you have this bug with a hyper move too? The lightning storm works fine to me....
will be updated

Follow the project on:

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
#4  January 16, 2018, 06:55:53 am
  • Keep Rockin Baby !

Your welcome my friend. Yes it happens with both hyper moves. Also I don't know to explain it but when round 2 starts. Sub combat system of storm say YES like the character just perform a attack.
The search of perception of an eye that can hold million or more images instant in a second. When a picture can be describe in million words in a caption.

#5  January 16, 2018, 12:52:50 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

Your welcome my friend. Yes it happens with both hyper moves. Also I don't know to explain it but when round 2 starts. Sub combat system of storm say YES like the character just perform a attack.

In Hail storm exist that bug.. but It´s impossible that you have that bug in that hyper because you cannot kill the enemy (I put kill = 0 in his hitdef to prevent that bug). Lightning storm hyper works perfect to me whenever I try it.

And yes, exist that bug with the system message in round 2.. thats probably because in Storm there are some failures in some win states or something like that.

I want to fix it before works in the other character.

Follow the project on:

#6  January 16, 2018, 06:51:52 pm
  • Keep Rockin Baby !

In Hail storm exist that bug.. but It´s impossible that you have that bug in that hyper because you cannot kill the enemy (I put kill = 0 in his hitdef to prevent that bug). Lightning storm hyper works perfect to me whenever I try it.

And yes, exist that bug with the system message in round 2.. thats probably because in Storm there are some failures in some win states or something like that.

I want to fix it before works in the other character.

I'm glad you notice some bugs. Maybe next time I post a video on what exactly the type of bugs experience :wink2:

#7  January 16, 2018, 11:53:02 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
I'm glad you notice some bugs. Maybe next time I post a video on what exactly the type of bugs experience :wink2:

That would be great! if you have time, obviusly.
Thanks

EDIT: I fixed today all the loops in Storm after a KO (super moves, and hyper moves).
         Clones in Doctor Doom if you hit him when he do the Molecular Shield.
          Loop in explod on Head Crush in Juggernaut if you hit him.

My internet sucks like a week, I can´t upload fast anything (I can download fast), I´ll upload Storm, Dr.Doom and Juggy when my internet goes well

Follow the project on:

Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:38:14 am by REDHOT
#8  January 20, 2018, 02:09:06 pm
    • rmbase.blog55.fc2.com/
Zoom out causes the p1 & p2 icon position to be incorrect.

This will fix it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9  January 20, 2018, 03:21:47 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Thanks that´s because the characters it´s supposed to by played in a normal Super Jump stage.
But let me see how works that code.

Follow the project on:

#10  February 15, 2018, 10:03:36 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
war machine's proton cannon gains power after it used one power bar
#11  February 15, 2018, 10:14:04 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

Follow the project on:

#12  February 18, 2018, 01:03:37 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
@REDHOT:
First off, allow me the opportunity to congratulate you on having gotten this far with such an ambitious undertaking. ^_^

Secondly, I discovered an issue that surprisingly pertains to both Mouser's version of Ruby Heart as well as your own.  Oddly enough, I've yet to replicate the bug in question in any background beyond the MvC2 training stage by ExShadow.  To continue, if you corner the adversary and perform "Mille Fantomes", the ghosts reach the wall and either remain there, or create an infinite by dragging the opponent well above super jump height.  The latter is what always occurs with Mouser's incarnation of the character.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#13  February 18, 2018, 01:45:49 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
@REDHOT:
First off, allow me the opportunity to congratulate you on having gotten this far with such an ambitious undertaking. ^_^

Secondly, I discovered an issue that surprisingly pertains to both Mouser's version of Ruby Heart as well as your own.  Oddly enough, I've yet to replicate the bug in question in any background beyond the MvC2 training stage by ExShadow.  To continue, if you corner the adversary and perform "Mille Fantomes", the ghosts reach the wall and either remain there, or create an infinite by dragging the opponent well above super jump height.  The latter is what always occurs with Mouser's incarnation of the character.

Hi, thanks!.
That bug seems to belong to ExShadow´s MvC2 Training stage, because I played with another stage and no problem.
Not only with Mille Fantomes, with any projectyle that you drop with any character.
MvC2 Training stage have so much boundleft or boundright that the projectyle stays when reach the wall.
I change this parameters and works fine now:
Code:
boundleft = -750
boundright = 750

This bug happens to you in that stage or any?

EDIT:

war machine's proton cannon gains power after it used one power bar
I fix this bug today, thanks, I will upload War Machine when I´ll release the next character.

Follow the project on:

Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:50:04 pm by REDHOT

!E

#14  March 02, 2018, 11:12:06 pm
    • Canada
I downloaded wolverine last night and have 2 problem, Are all your characters coded to play with your mvc2 characters only?

Every other characters I tried against on my roster has this problem, P2 Disappear temporary.

The 2nd problem, I can't do any air combo. Wolverine jump way too high and really fast from pressing UP right after high kick launcher.
I also tried wolverine vs wolverine and still can't air combo, looks perfectly fine in your demo video. Not sure what's happening here, I am using Mugen 1.0
#15  March 03, 2018, 03:44:36 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
I downloaded wolverine last night and have 2 problem, Are all your characters coded to play with your mvc2 characters only?

Every other characters I tried against on my roster has this problem, P2 Disappear temporary.

The 2nd problem, I can't do any air combo. Wolverine jump way too high and really fast from pressing UP right after high kick launcher.
I also tried wolverine vs wolverine and still can't air combo, looks perfectly fine in your demo video. Not sure what's happening here, I am using Mugen 1.0

Hi!, regarding your question, all the characters will be coded to play with any character.. but WILL BE work perfect if you play with the MvC2 characters that I edited and released, this will be like that.
I believe that it´s imposible that 56 characters works perfect with ANY character in MUGEN, it´s crazy.
But yes if 56 characters works perfect eachother.

the first problem:

In all the throws there are a p2stateno.. inside, a changeanim2.
For example:
Code:
[State 9001, ChangeAnim2]
type = ChangeAnim2
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 5062

the animation 5062 (that in this case for example, belongs to Wolverine), contains sprites (4.. 5, whatever)
Code:
[Begin Action 5062]
Clsn2: 1
  Clsn2[0] = -53, -82, 40, -50
5030,30, 0,0, 9
Clsn2: 2
  Clsn2[0] = -49, -63, -3, -22
  Clsn2[1] = -30, -85, 36, -47
5030,40, 0,0, 3,
Clsn2: 1
  Clsn2[0] = -30, -87, 18, -10
5030,50, 0,0, -1,

If in this case, Thor doesn´t have the sprites 5030,30, 5030,40 or 5030,50, automatically, MUGEN can´t do anything, and Thor will be invisible.

the truth is that when I have to improve all the characters, I will have to make a predetermined list of all the sprites and that all are equal, because it is probably that Wolverine has sprites that only he has.
Most of the time, all the characters in MUGEN contain the same number of sprites, that often does not change.

the second problem:

It´s a problem that several users have.
Some stages are badly coded.
I coded all the characters to become as similar as possible to the MvC system, and if you play any MvC game, all the characters jumps high, but there are a difference.. the stage it´s coded well and the camera follow the characters.
Some old stages in MUGEN DON´T do that, and some old characters in MvC style have poor Super Jump because there are coded with this stages.
Nowadays, you can find some stages coded well and THIS problem dissappear (ExShadow´s stages and Jafar´s stages for example).
Some MvC characters in MUGEN have high Super Jump (Darkwolf characters, mouser characters.. etc..), and it´s ok that way.

To start this project I edited a little the camera parameters of ExShadow´s MvC2 traning stage. That´s the reasons that you and anybody see the air combo works perfectly.
Works perfectly in other stages too! I donwloaded all the MvC stages and works well, some are well coded and others bad, the camera stucks.

There are a chance to fix that? yes, find the stages with this problem and change the next parameters with this ones, it's only 5 seconds:

Code:
boundhigh = -695
boundlow = 0
verticalfollow = 1.1
floortension = 99
tension = 80

Try with one stage and tell me if this works, should be.

Cheers

Follow the project on:

!E

#16  March 03, 2018, 09:20:36 pm
    • Canada
I'll be using only your character on a separate mugen folder, the 1st problem wont' matter anymore.

I edit [State 250, hit1] and changed yaccel = .92 to yaccel = .48 , I can now easily air combo with other characters since P2 now goes a little higher to reach wolverine.

I tried editing ExShadow´s MvC2 training stage and some other with your code but sadly it's not working,

#17  March 03, 2018, 09:59:09 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
I'll be using only your character on a separate mugen folder, the 1st problem wont' matter anymore.

I edit [State 250, hit1] and changed yaccel = .92 to yaccel = .48 , I can now easily air combo with other characters since P2 now goes a little higher to reach wolverine.

I tried editing ExShadow´s MvC2 training stage and some other with your code but sadly it's not working,

My bad, I showed you the incorrect code, (I open another MvC2 training stage hehe), there you go:

Code:
boundhigh = -390
boundlow = 0
verticalfollow = 1.1
floortension = 65
tension = 70

Try with this code and change again the yaccel to .92, I don´t recommend to change the yaccel number.

Follow the project on: